Match! PA: Kenneth E. Butzer dob 10/12/1930 date found: 8/04/11

Kenneth's mother, Hazel, passed away in 1996 and his father, Eugene, passed away in 1989.

In the 1940 census, Kenneth was the only child.

ok, let's at least see if we can find an aunt/uncle, cousin or other distant relative.

A few bits I found.

The address history I found for Kenneth E. Butzer covers Lancaster, Kutztown, and Reading, all of Pennsylvania.

I did find this interesting news article in the Intelligencer Journal / Lancaster New Era from November 19, 2009 that says:

In a separate incident, Kenneth Eugene Butzer Jr., 51, of 210 S. Prince St., was charged with stealing $7.75 worth of beer from the Belvedere Inn's carry-out section at the rear of the 402 N. Queen St. building on Nov. 8, he said. Butzer has one prior retail theft conviction.

I'm wondering if this could be Kenneth E. Butzer's son? 210 S. Prince Street is apparently the location of a ministry and homeless outreach center so if it is, perhaps this is why he is not able to claim his father, or maybe doesn't even know?

I also found this Reading Eagle Press post on the search for Kenneth E. Butzer's next of kin: Link here.

The Berks County coroner's office said Thursday that it is looking for the next of kin of Kenneth E. Butzer, 81, who was found dead in his apartment at 1043 Franklin St.

Butzer was found by his landlord, who was not identified.

If I follow the trail of Kenneth E. Butzer's full name being Kenneth Eugene Butzer (not confirmed), I have so far only found this listing which could be another person completely since it is from Nevada with no other information such as possible age:

"Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005," Kenneth Eugene Butzer, 1985
Name: Kenneth Eugene Butzer
Titles & Terms:
Event: Marriage
Event Date: 02 Feb 1985
Event Place: Carson City, , Nevada, United States
Residence: California
Registration Date: 08 Feb 1985
Registration Place: Carson City, , Nevada
Spouse: Susan Eileen Naves
Spouse's Titles & Terms:
Spouse's Residence: California
Officiant: Religious celebrant
County Page: 57
County Book: 118
Instrument Number: 70836
Control Year: 1985
Control Alias:
Archive Film Number: 004241

I might be chasing down too distant a path, but I spent some time researching Kenneth B. Butzer's father's line. Hopefully it's the right Eugene Butzer!

Going backwards:

1940 census (link here): Eugene Butzer is married to Hasel Butzer with one son, Kenneth Butzer in East Cocalico Township, Lancaster, PA.

1930 census (link here): Eugene Butzer is a lodger in the Hicks household in Ephrata, PA.

1920 census (link here): Eugene Butzer is the son of Ellis W. Butzer and Mary Butzer with older brother Emory C. Butzer and younger sister Florence Butzer, all in Lancaster, PA.

1910 census (link here): Eugene S. B. Butzer is the son of Elis A. Butzer (spelling and middle initial differ from 1920) and Mary Butzer with older brother Henry C. Butzer (differs from "Emory C. Butzer" in 1920), all in Lititz, Lancaster, PA.

For Emory, I found an SSDI listing.

For Florence, I found this death record (link here):
SNAVELY, Florence B. (BUTZER) 1912-2001
Florence B. Snavely, SS# 189-09-7035
Born: 1-17-1912, Lititz, Pa.
Died: 5-18-2001, Lititz, Pa.
Wife: Carl D. Snavely, died 1983
Daughter: Ellis and Mary Baer Butzer.
Burial: Moravian Cemetery, Lititz, Pa.
I haven't found much else on Florence who would have been Kenneth B. Butzer's aunt. Having exhausted direct uncles and aunts, I decided to look into Florence's husband who would have been Kenneth B. Butzer's uncle by marriage.

I found this obituary listing for Carl's brother, Bruce D. Snavely, Sr. of Lititz, PA in the Intelligencer Journal / Lancaster New Era from Jun 29, 2010:

Surviving in addition to his wife are his children, B Jr., Ephrata, J, husband of KG of Hershey, CH, wife of CD of Lititz, and LH, wife of MD of Atglen; 6 grandchildren, A and CH, Z and EH, and A and SS; and 1 great granddaughter, AS.

He was preceded in death by a brother and sister, Carl D. Snavely and Ruth E. Getz.
From the same newspaper, a BS (possibly BDS Jr. mentioned in the obituary) was in a car accident in April 2011:

EAST LAMPETER TWP.: A vehicle driven by BS, 56, of the 1300 block of West Main Street, Ephrata, slid across a wet roadway while traveling south in the 500 block of Mill Cross Road at 10:23 a.m., Saturday, sliding into a lawn at 200 Brook Farms Road, township police said. The vehicle struck a bush and a rock wall, police said.
I found a BS of Ephrata with that same address, but no phone number. PM'ing to raine and nemo's mom in case it is of use. After all of this, BS would still be a cousin by marriage. I'm not sure the distant relationship will be of help, but worth trying? Maybe he will know about Kenneth Eugene Butzer, Jr. of the same local area mentioned in the previous post?

I found a Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas Court Summary file for a Kenneth E. Butzer, Jr. PM'ing to raine and nemo's mom!

Found Kenneth's jr. probabtion office, the officer is out till Sept. 10

Waiting on verification if Butzer Jr. is Butzer Sr. son. Will update when I hear back

I recieved a call from Jr. prob. officer, jr passed away 9/17/2012, Jr was Sr son. Now I have to locate the other brother Allen West that lives in Boise, and get the info to the ME so both bodies can be claimed.

Talked wit prob officer again Jr had been told his father was deceased, uncertain if he claimed..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back