Identified! ME - Portland, Female skeletal remains in woods, Aug'12 - Toina Hanson

I would be very interested in finding out if the remains were possibly that of Christiana Fesmire who went missing over a year ago.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

with some clues I doubt she'll be unidentified for very long.

I would be very interested in finding out if the remains were possibly that of Christiana Fesmire who went missing over a year ago.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Unlikely. Dumping a body in Portland would be more of a local woman. Lewiston, where I live, where Fesmire lived, is an hour away by the highway. Lewiston is also the second or third largest city. Driving from Lewiston to dump a body in the biggest city in Maine is idiotic. No one would do that.

I hope this is Margarette Tevanian. That would make the most sense because she is local. We shall see.

I can read the article. it says, paraphrasing, that the body was there at least through the winter. oddly they keep saying they have an idea who she is but they have no wallet or other identification.

Right. Then it goes on to say that they have reviewed missing persons reports but found no match. Quite confusing.

I can read the article. it says, paraphrasing, that the body was there at least through the winter. oddly they keep saying they have an idea who she is but they have no wallet or other identification.

Very strange that the remains match no missing person yet LE think they may know who's remains they are? Were they partial remains maybe? Maybe someone who is not listed as missing since they were (i hate saying this) partially found?

The spot the body was found is right off of RT 95.....this person could be from anywhere.

The woman may have had a medical condition that could help identify her, Pelletier said. He would not elaborate.

The autopsy will involve the painstaking process of positioning each bone that was recovered. Police have not determined the woman's age but could tell she was neither young nor elderly.

The remains were found about 60 yards from the trail, in an overgrown area. The area is not frequented by homeless people, Pelletier said.

No cars were recovered in that area, so it does not appear that the woman drove there, he said.

These partial clues are like those logic puzzles...very bizarre!

The area where Toina was found is a long ways from the usual places where homeless people in Portland hang out. The end of Hutchins is just a wooded area near a small river. It would have been a long walk from the Preble Street Resource Center (for the homeless). Not much reason at all for her to go there in cooler weather. In the summer someone might go there for a little privacy, but it's a long walk from the usual Portland haunts. As this article says, 17 homeless people have died in Portland so far this year: http://www.preblestreet.org/in-the-news/Death-of-homeless-woman-poses-hard-questions/396

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back