Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Here's a good summary of the history of Stacy Peeterson. I think I've read back and haven't seen it. It's a good read for background as we wait for the trial to resume tomorrow. DP sure knew how to pick his "child" bride. He picked the neediest one of all.

Disappearance of former cop Drew Peterson’s fourth wife follows her mother’s vanishing

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation..._warning_dR39MsBYUvFR6LMqfNpMiP#ixzz22lKtP7uw

In no way was she mocking him or the court.....it was just the answer that was consistently being given ("the document will speak for itself") over and over, so she repeated it herself. I thought that was a snap judgement and showed a lack of respect for her and her vulnerable state on the witness stand. She was enduring a lot of repetitive questions from the defense and it was a natural response on her part.

Did you happen to see/read Burmilla 'snap' at Kathleens sister? Additionally, I don't know that any of us know the relevence of judge Burmilla's allowing the defense to say Kathleen had rough sex the weekend she was found drowned.

I respect your opinion greatly, SC. I just see this judge as being not quite fully there with regards to fair and neutral. He should be neutral and he does not appear to be with his reactions.

some speculated it could be because Burmila lost an election to Glasgow, but that was 20 years ago. I can't imagine animosity would still be hanging on from an election that long ago. My guess is maybe he's a bit over the top due to being pushed and pushed by the prosecution to blanket rule on the heresay which he did not and would not do. That makes more sense to me for his current actions than an election lost 10 years ago.

Does anyone know if this trial is on today? I thought I heard Friday that it would return Tuesday? TIA

Did anyone catch Vinnie talking over the phone with Lopez a few minutes ago? Honest to goodness, if the DT can't answer simple questions better than that.....I hope the jurors see right through them all.

Vinnie asked whether he accidently introduced the word 'accident' during the cross exam last week. His story is that he was pointing out the witnesses inconsistent statements. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

Vinnie asked if they were worried about Stacy Peterson coming up during the trial. Lopez' answer was no, she's not part of the case, the jurors are instructed blah blah blah. Vinnie says but Kathleen wouldn't have even been exhumed if it wasn't for Stacy's disappearance and (I kid you not) Lopez can't even agree with that. Apparently they're going with "it's Fox News' fault" for Kathleen being exhumed. Lopez would not agree that it was because of Stacy being missing.

Seriously. Is Greta on their witness list? Bernie? Ted? Jim?

If the DT can't even admit that, this trial is gonna be just as ridiculous as Baez.

Does anyone know if this trial is on today? I thought I heard Friday that it would return Tuesday? TIA

The trial resumes tomorrow. There will be no trial for DP on Monday's, as the judge has left Monday's open to hear his other cases.

I thought the placement of the towel was in an odd place had Kathleen placed it there herself. Why would someone put a towel they were planning to dry off with hanging partially on the inside of the tub where it would have been hanging in the water had it been filled up. Also it was hanging where it would have gotten wet from the tap. As a member of the bubblebath taking population, I gotta ask wth was the soap, shampoo, any implement of bathing? Where were her clothes that she took off to get into the tub? In the event that she took her clothes off in the laundry room and did a streak through the house, why wasn't that checked out? Also blood has some degree of fatty deposits in it, if there was at one time water in the tub that slowly drained out, why was there no tub ring? There should have been a ring or residual marking at what the original water level was when Kathleen got into the tub and began to lose blood. This residue would occur for sure when you have bleeding in hot water which then sits and cools. The position of the body was totally off for someone falling and gashing their head in the tub and being knocked unconcious and then drowning. I would love to see an expert like Henry Lee's take on the whole crime scene. Who were the bozo's that worked this case in the 1st place? I am sorry for the long winded post but this whole case makes me want to smack several people in the head and ask why they dropped the ball so badly. And at the risk offending people, regarding the statement of Stacy Peterson to Kathleen's attorney in reference to her knowing that DP had killed Kathleen and could that be used to get more money in the divorce. That is so sad to think Stacy knew all along. Did her conscience ever bother her looking into the faces of Kathleen's children knowing who killed their mom or trying to cash in on that knowledge after the fact? I'm sure that I'm not the only person who thought that was kinda messed up. I just hope in the long run that DP gets his just reward for all that he has done and goes to jail where someone will smack that smirk off his face.

BBM. You bring up a good point sfnelson67, which we should address because it is relevent here, imo.

I too have wondered how and why Stacy would have chosen to participate in an alibi for DP and chose to keep his secret.

I think it is relevent to consider Stacy's background, which includes a great deal of abuse and neglect as well as the timing of Kathleen's murder. When Kathleen was murdered, Stacy was already married to Drew and had already given birth to their first child appx 8 mo's earlier. While it does not excuse Stacy's failure to go to the authorities with what she knew, a young mother married to a cop with an 8 mo' old baby, as well as what she had experienced with the cops not being any help with her mothers disappearance. It helps me to understand why she may have made the choice she did at the time.

Forgive me, I don't recall who added this article, but it is a good article with the timeline of Stacy's life....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/eerie_echo_going_missing_wife_warning_dR39MsBYUvFR6LMqfNpMiP/2

ETA: I can only imagine DP was the perfect hubby until he got Stacy to the most vulnerable point he could, with a young baby, before following through with his plan to murder Kathleen. i'm sure Drew convinced Stacy it was all Kathleen's fault, blah blah blah.... and then only after Stacy gave birth, did the true Drew start making an appearance. that is how these abusive guys work, they get their victim to a point they know they are vulnerable and then their true nature comes out. Sadly, Stacy walked into this situation blindly, like a moth to a flame. That's how men like Drew work. They seek out that vulnerability.

If nothing else, I do find some peace in knowing both Kathleen and Stacy are in heaven, to be hurt no more. And we can pray Drew is convicted so he never has the opportunity to hurt, manipulate or murder again.

Did anyone catch Vinnie talking over the phone with Lopez a few minutes ago? Honest to goodness, if the DT can't answer simple questions better than that.....I hope the jurors see right through them all.

Vinnie asked whether he accidently introduced the word 'accident' during the cross exam last week. His story is that he was pointing out the witnesses inconsistent statements. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

Vinnie asked if they were worried about Stacy Peterson coming up during the trial. Lopez' answer was no, she's not part of the case, the jurors are instructed blah blah blah. Vinnie says but Kathleen wouldn't have even been exhumed if it wasn't for Stacy's disappearance and (I kid you not) Lopez can't even agree with that. Apparently they're going with "it's Fox News' fault" for Kathleen being exhumed. Lopez would not agree that it was because of Stacy being missing.

Seriously. Is Greta on their witness list? Bernie? Ted? Jim?

If the DT can't even admit that, this trial is gonna be just as ridiculous as Baez.

Lopez is FOS. :butthead: must not remember he has Stacy on his witness list. The entire defense team is incredibly transparent, and I am sure that is not lost on the jury.

Lopez is FOS. :butthead: must not remember he has Stacy on his witness list. The entire defense team is incredibly transparent, and I am sure that is not lost on the jury.

I sure hope it's not.

HLN keeps replaying that clip of Brodsky saying 'anyone who knows Drew knows he would never do anything to hurt his children, and hurting their Mother would be hurting the children so there's no way he's capable of doing anything to his wives....he wouldn't risk spending the rest of his life in prison.....'

The first name that came to mind was John List. He loved his children and they ended up dead because he wanted to protect them from the evils of the world. I'm sure plenty of husbands convinced themselves that the Mother being 'gone' was best for the kids.

Risk spending his life in prison? He was a cop. Guess Brodsky forgot that even according to his own words Drew knows how to kill and make it look like an accident.

I sure hope it's not.

HLN keeps replaying that clip of Brodsky saying 'anyone who knows Drew knows he would never do anything to hurt his children, and hurting their Mother would be hurting the children so there's no way he's capable of doing anything to his wives....he wouldn't risk spending the rest of his life in prison.....'

The first name that came to mind was John List. He loved his children and they ended up dead because he wanted to protect them from the evils of the world. I'm sure plenty of husbands convinced themselves that the Mother being 'gone' was best for the kids.

Risk spending his life in prison? He was a cop. Guess Brodsky forgot that even according to his own words Drew knows how to kill and make it look like an accident.

BBM. Talk is cheap. There is nothing afaik to substantiate any action on Drew's part by putting his love for his children ahead of the hatred for his STBX wives or ex wives. Just more wind coming out of Brodsky's :butthead: afaic

In no way was she mocking him or the court.....it was just the answer that was consistently being given ("the document will speak for itself") over and over, so she repeated it herself. I thought that was a snap judgement and showed a lack of respect for her and her vulnerable state on the witness stand. She was enduring a lot of repetitive questions from the defense and it was a natural response on her part.

I think it reveals how insecure this judge is,to jump to the conclusion she was 'mocking' him. Who does that? Why would she ever dare to mock the judge? I was shocked that he went there so fast.

I could see if he was scolding one of the attorneys for that, but a meek witness?

I think it reveals how insecure this judge is,to jump to the conclusion she was 'mocking' him. Who does that? Why would she ever dare to mock the judge? I was shocked that he went there so fast.

I could see if he was scolding one of the attorneys for that, but a meek witness?

This whole trial is just a booby trap for the prosecution and their witnesses, imo. If they aren't allowed to talk about SP, and the defense baits them into mentioning her, if I was a witness, I would certainly look to the pros. for an objection. That is probably what she was doing, I would think they would have said in their pretrial interview, that it was up to them to keep things on the straight and narrow, now the defense is trying to cause a mistsrial.
imo and jmo

Two coroner's have reruled her death a homicide. I just don't think they have enough evidence to say that it was DP that did it. I think he did, everyone else thinks he did, but what actual physical evidence do they have? jmo

As far as we know there is no forensic evidence to link DP to KS's murder. There often isn't when one spouse kills another spouse (even estranged spouses).

Ultimately to convict, the jury will have to make a link between hearing about KS's fears, as told to her sister, DP's behaviors, the condition KS was found as well as the no towel/no bathmat, blue towel appearing, the deadbolt on her BR door, whatever else the state brings in that is admissible, and then the result of the autopsies concluding a homicide.

IF and when you get a chance, awesome commentary and discussion of the Drew Peterson case and trial.

JMHO
fran

Justice with Judge Jeanine

Who Speaks for the victims?

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justice-jeanine/index.html/

Thanks for sharing that, fran. I hope the PT uses part of the DT opening in their own closing and tells the jury they can see to it that Kathleen does indeed get the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital