Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

The judge is back on the bench. Connor makes an argument that the defense has opened the door to additional records that the judge had previously ruled inadmissible. Brodsky disagrees. Judge: “I think the State’s observation is an acute one... but I think those records are prejudicial, and so I’m not going to let them in. But you want to be careful in the future where you tread, counsel.” With that, Judge Burmila sends for the jury.

Sorry, I missed this, it was when they were back from break a few minutes ago.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session The sidebar is now over. “Counsel asked you some questions about your conclusions you reached being on the scene on March 2, 2004. You indicated in your answer you didn’t close the door completely on the issue of homicide?” “Yes.” “But the conclusion of accident was reached rather quickly when you met up with Trooper Deel and Trooper Falat?” Objection/Sustained. “Did you ever reach a conclusion which you shared with someone?” “Yes.” Connor then tries to hand the witness a document. But Judge Burmila instead sends the jurors from the courtroom.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Poor Stacy did not stand a chance, out of ALL the men in the Chicago area and surrounding suburbs she just happens to meet Drew Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    The judge is back on the bench. Connor makes an argument that the defense has opened the door to additional records that the judge had previously ruled inadmissible. Brodsky disagrees. Judge: I think the States observation is an acute one... but I think those records are prejudicial, and so Im not going to let them in. But you want to be careful in the future where you tread, counsel. With that, Judge Burmila sends for the jury.

Sorry, I missed this, it was when they were back from break a few minutes ago.
    Now this judge is working for the defense, imo.

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session The jurors and the witness have now left the courtroom. Judge: “What’s the relevance of this document?” Connor says that this is just to confirm the witness’ conclusion. Judge: “Are you impeaching your own witness?” Brodksy jumps in: “It’s like a leading question... I think the manner should be dropped.” Judge Burmila says he doesn’t see the relevance of this question, and the witness and the jurors return to the courtroom.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session Connor continues his redirect: “Can you tell the jury the exact day you interviewed Stacy Peterson?” “No.” “Is there anything that would refresh your recollection?” “A copy of the report... she was interviewed on March 3, 2004.” “One day after you interviewed the defendant?” “Yes.”

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session “You indicated the defendant told you the financial aspects of the divorce were still uncertain?” “Yes, he said they were still summarizing the financial part of the divorce.” “At that house that night, did you check the windows?” “No, not personally.” “Did you ever contact any of Kathleen Peterson’s family members?” “No.” “Did you ask him who Kathleen Peterson’s divorce attorney was, so you could talk to him?” “No” “Did you subsequently talk to Kathleen Peterson’s divorce attorney?” “I received a call from him, yes.”

13. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session “Were the other interviews that were conducted, did anyone else ever sit in on those interviews?” “No.” “You were asked what the defendant explained to you what his reasons were for wanting to sit in on Stacy’s interview . . . did you ever attempt to verify the reasons he gave you for that?” “I didn’t have to verify it; she was shaken, upset. It was obvious.”

15. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session “Do you have an independent recollection if whether the defendant was present during the interview of Stacy Peterson?” “Yes.” “And did he sit in on that interview?” “Yes.”

17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session “Were you aware that the initial people who were in the house did not notice a blue towel in the bathroom?” Objection/Sustained.

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session Connor asks for a moment. He then says that he has nothing further at this time.

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session Brodsky begins his recross. “You didn’t ask him about the financial burden that having two more children inside his household was going to be, did you?” “No.” “You didn’t even ask him if he wanted that?” “No, I didn’t ask him that.”

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session The attorneys need to discuss some legal matters prior to the next witness. So the jurors are excused from the courtroom.

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

I am going to have to leave in a few minutes. Press on regardless!

27. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

InSession: The next witness will be Kristin Anderson. Prosecutor Glasgow: “She is one of the hearsay statement witnesses that Judge White made a finding to exclude. Her statement is, ‘I can kill you and make it look like an accident.’” Greenberg then notes that Anderson “cannot lay any foundation as to when this statement might have
    been made by Mr. Peterson... this statement could have been made in 1995, 1996.” As far as the foundational question goes, Judge Burmila finds for the prosecution. Greenberg then moves to the issue of reliability. “The ruling of Judge White is that these statements are unreliable as to time content and circumstances... and the interests of justice.” Prosecutor Colleen Griffin replies: “In a question of forfeiture by wrongdoing, there is no hearsay problem. The defendant forfeits his right to object on that ground. This very issue has been discussed. Griffin then goes on to cite case law on this issue. “None of the statements that Judge White kept out are facially unreliable... that does not make the statements unreliable under due process.”
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

In Session Prosecutor Griffin continues to argue why the hearsay statement of Kristin Anderson should be admissible. “She called the State Police three times directly following the death of Kathleen Savio... we would ask that Your Honor deny the [defense] motion.” Judge Burmila then questions the prosecutor about her argument. Judge: “This case is completely unique; there will never be another case like this in the history of Illinois... Judge White made these findings, and there was a hearing... how do I completely ignore the findings that Judge White made? Do I just make off he didn’t make them? ...He found that some of these statements are unreliable. What do I do with Judge White’s rulings?” Griffin: “I don’t believe this court has to ignore Judge White’s ruling to find that these statements are not inadmissible under the due process clause.” At this point, there is a lengthy exchange between prosecutor Griffin and Judge Burmila regarding this issue.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

In Session Judge: “Tell me what the State’s position is on whether Judge White’s rulings were right or wrong. Are you refusing to tell me that?” Griffin: “I’m saying that it doesn’t matter.”

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    They had no reason to suspect him....he was a "good old boy", one of them. This from the beginning was a problem and it should have been investigated because of who DP was. jmo

With the explanation being given by the two ISP, it's pretty apparent there was no real investigation. Just a courtesy walk through so to speak.

Now I'm wondering, what kind of DV training did these officers have? When cops are abusive to their wives, kids.... it seems no one wants to address it....

If Drew walks, I can guaranty Stacy will not be his last victim.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Smile

Has anyone responded about counting the sidebars yet? If no one has volunteered - I don't mind doing it, as I did it for the Anthony trial!!

If anyone IS doing the counting - please post and I wont!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain!

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience,
    we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

******~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro!
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Niner For This Useful Post:

Nothing yet, but Facebook and I have serious issues!

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

In Session The exchange between Judge Burmila and prosecutor Colleen Griffin continues on and on. Judge: “I’m telling you... the judge made four rulings. You asked him to make the rulings. Can I completely ignore the findings you asked him to make?” Griffin: “Your Honor can ignore them under the due process rules.” Glasgow now joins the discussion” “This is an incredibly important ruling in this case... this evidence should have life. Judge White’s rulings are void in this proceeding.” The judge is very calm, but Glasgow sounds very excited, and quite worked up. “Judge White’s rulings on this are void...” Glasgow is now practically yelling, and honestly becoming somewhat shrill. Finally, he concludes his part of the argument. Glasgow: “Thank you.” Judge: “You’re welcome.”

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    In Session “Just to know, your report of the interview with Stacy Peterson... according to your report, Drew was present, correct?” “It’s not my report, it’s Trooper Falat’s report. I was present during the interview.” “You agree it’s not in the report of the interview of Stacy Peterson that Drew Peterson was present?’ “I’d have to look at it.” The witness is shown the report. “Again, this report was written by Trooper Falat, not myself... no, it’s not in there.” “You reviewed and initialed the report that leaves out that Drew was present when Stacy was interviewed?” “Yes.
    BBM.

Not one, but two ISP LEO's leave out of the report that Drew was present for questioning.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    BBM.

Not one, but two ISP LEO's leave out of the report that Drew was present for questioning.
    Because he was not suppose to be there. They were investigating trying to rule out the possibility of a crime. They were 100% wrong in what they did. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

43. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

In Session Attorney Steve Greenberg now argues the defense position in this matter. “The appellate court was quite clear in saying the forfeiture by wrongdoing did not require this reliability factor. We’re not disputing that... the State keeps coming back to this... we keep coming back to this footnote... the State has never been able to give you a reason to ignore Judge White’s rulings, nor have they argued that they’re incorrect. Because they’re not incorrect! ...What more is left? ...the fact is, we have the law on our side on this issue... it’s unreliable, Judge. And that can’t be changed.”

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

45. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

In Session Prosecutor Griffin briefly responds. But as before, every time she makes an argument, Judge Burmila jumps in and challenges her.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

47. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast