Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1145
  1. #721
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Rational View Post
    Well we don't know, and until we know the facts I am comfortable considering all scenarios based on what we can sleuth. Unless you have inside info Wakeskate that you can share I will keep an open mind.
    I think as soon as you move a body {with bad intentions} from the place of death, it's automatically interfering with a corpse isn't it?
    There was some murder show I saw a while back where a man had killed someone, then moved her somewhere, went back a few days later and moved her again. He was charged with interfering with a corpse twice.


  2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  3. #722
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWatson View Post
    Hi Minni Given that we can only surmise as to exactly WHAT they saw when the body was discovered, we can only go on the rumours. So basically, I can only guess along with the rest of you as to how they deduced it was murder - eg clingfilm or plastic bag over the head, etc. Or else, the whole thing about the only injury being a chipped tooth may be a furphy.

    The difference between ante-mortem and post-mortem injuries is not usually obvious on initial examination of a body that has been moved. It can be quite obvious under the microscope, of course, but the reason I mention the movement of the body is that any bleeding or blood spatter analysis would not be possible, which is one way of telling ante- from post-mortem injuries. The amount of bleeding, and the distance of any arterial spray, for example, can give good indications - but not in this case. Also, one would have to take into account any damage caused by creatures such as bush animals if she were place in the bush prior to being washed into the creek, and then water creatures after that.

    So I was quite surprised that the police seemed to come out with those statements so quickly. But don't forget that the autopsy was done with very little delay after the body was found, and the body released for burial. So - much of that information may well have been known within the first day or two anyway.
    Thanks Doc..it is really a mystery at the end of the day isnt it? Can you hazard a guess on why they said it was homicide, do you think a bag or cling wrap is considered injury? its not is it? but it is proof of homicide? it is so confusing!!! and you can not look at angles and such on any blood spatter, when we dont know that there is any....

    sorry doc, dont respond, I am just full of questions that no one can answer right now


  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  5. #723
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate View Post
    One would assume if his story was that she went out for a walk, he would have at least driven a lap of her normal walking path.
    Again we don't know for sure.

    However making an assumption of something (police noticing cars warm) on another assumption (that he hadn't been out in them) is getting pretty out there.

    Next thing people will be telling us theories based on dreams they have had
    Or maybe the cars' engines were stone cold, despite that he may have told the police he did go looking for her! We don't know, so until we do anything is possible.


  6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rational For This Useful Post:


  7. #724
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Apparently in Qld the maximum penalty for improper interference with a corpse is 2 years?

    Is their a difference between IMPROPER interference and just interference. Although I imagine GBC's charge would be improper... or is it just the one charge? I'm guessing so.


  8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  9. #725
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    City of Churches
    Posts
    5,383
    He has also been charged with interfering with her body, by moving her to the creek where she was found.
    Police had noticed scratches on Mr Baden-Clay's right side cheek, which were photographed by scenes of crimes officers.


    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...626-210bz.html
    Last edited by Amee; 08-18-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: added more


  10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Amee For This Useful Post:


  11. #726
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate View Post
    One would assume if his story was that she went out for a walk, he would have at least driven a lap of her normal walking path.
    Again we don't know for sure.

    However making an assumption of something (police noticing cars warm) on another assumption (that he hadn't been out in them) is getting pretty out there.

    Next thing people will be telling us theories based on dreams they have had
    Thanks Wakeskate, I have never heard that he attempted to drive around and look for her, although that is what a normal person would do if you ask me!

    Can I ask, what do you mean when you say, 'making assumptions about what might have happened is getting pretty out there?' I think that is what we all do on here, toss around ideas and theories, based on what little info we are given, we have to do it this way, as we have no other avenue to investigate

    As for the theories, IMO all theories are based on very little.. they are just proposed explanations that are only conjectural and subject to experimentation. We can only speculate here. Talking about peoples dreams is not allowed, so not sure what thats about!

    Im not sure what alerted the QPS so quickly that morning, but I heard a few stories, and one of them was that he specifically brought up his scratches, before being asked.


  12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  13. #727
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate View Post
    I am pretty sure that interfering with the corpse is going to simply come down to the fact that the body was moved from it's place of death.
    I am pretty sure that the charge will be only related to moving the body from the brookfield house, to the creek. MOO. I have not seen any evidence to imply that she was interfered with in any way. The removal of hands is only rumour, as is the chain story. So, most likely, the interference only relates to moving her


  14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  15. #728
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    Thanks Wakeskate, I have never heard that he attempted to drive around and look for her, although that is what a normal person would do if you ask me!

    Can I ask, what do you mean when you say, 'making assumptions about what might have happened is getting pretty out there?' I think that is what we all do on here, toss around ideas and theories, based on what little info we are given, we have to do it this way, as we have no other avenue to investigate

    As for the theories, IMO all theories are based on very little.. they are just proposed explanations that are only conjectural and subject to experimentation. We can only speculate here. Talking about peoples dreams is not allowed, so not sure what thats about!

    Im not sure what alerted the QPS so quickly that morning, but I heard a few stories, and one of them was that he specifically brought up his scratches, before being asked.
    Yes, making assumptions is what we're about on here. I think when the cars being warm/cold came up it was actually pretty good sleuthing, as we were trying to figure out what could possibly have alerted police to foul play that morning. To be honest, this makes a lot of sense. Not out there at all. It was also mentioned that if the cars had been out til a couple of hours before police turned up, then the grass under would have had more dew than you'd expect if he had been home all night. It was all very interesting stuff. To be honest, it is the kind of thing police notice.


  16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  17. #729
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australlia
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate View Post
    However making an assumption of something (police noticing cars warm) on another assumption (that he hadn't been out in them) is getting pretty out there.
    :
    I don't understand your thinking on this one - seeing if the bonnet is warm makes perfect sense to me and is the first time anyone on here has suggested it. <modsnip>
    Last edited by Mani; 08-18-2012 at 07:48 AM.


  18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mani For This Useful Post:


  19. #730
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by linette View Post
    Yes, making assumptions is what we're about on here. I think when the cars being warm/cold came up it was actually pretty good sleuthing, as we were trying to figure out what could possibly have alerted police to foul play that morning. To be honest, this makes a lot of sense. Not out there at all. It was also mentioned that if the cars had been out til a couple of hours before police turned up, then the grass under would have had more dew than you'd expect if he had been home all night. It was all very interesting stuff. To be honest, it is the kind of thing police notice.
    thanks Linni, I agree with you, I thought it was a smart and clever thought to have...and to NOT have it, wouldnt get you a gold star at police school!!!
    I was told at my first tutorial at uni..."no question is too stupid" and in that first year, you always feel like you are asking stupid questions.

    Do you know how many cases are solved on a hair, a tomato skin, a carpet fibre? a hot bonnet? or a cold one? I love it when someone asks a small seemingly inconsequential question, cos these are the ones that solve MURDERS....moo moo moo moo


  20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:


  21. #731
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australlia
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by linette View Post
    Yes, making assumptions is what we're about on here. I think when the cars being warm/cold came up it was actually pretty good sleuthing, as we were trying to figure out what could possibly have alerted police to foul play that morning. To be honest, this makes a lot of sense. Not out there at all. It was also mentioned that if the cars had been out til a couple of hours before police turned up, then the grass under would have had more dew than you'd expect if he had been home all night. It was all very interesting stuff. To be honest, it is the kind of thing police notice.
    Well it would give the police an idea if he had been out that morning - in fact the warmth from a car bonnet is a sure giveaway. MOO


  22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mani For This Useful Post:


  23. #732
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    thanks Linni, I agree with you, I thought it was a smart and clever thought to have...and to NOT have it, wouldnt get you a gold star at police school!!!
    I was told at my first tutorial at uni..."no question is too stupid" and in that first year, you always feel like you are asking stupid questions.

    Do you know how many cases are solved on a hair, a tomato skin, a carpet fibre? a hot bonnet? or a cold one? I love it when someone asks a small seemingly inconsequential question, cos these are the ones that solve MURDERS....moo moo moo moo
    Yep, and sometimes the most insignificant thing can be what ties it all together in the end. And I think police would also have to make assumptions or they'd never get anywhere. If they were to rely solely on what GBC told them then he would still be a free man today.
    Assumptions can be proven right or wrong, but still good to have them.


  24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  25. #733
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    Well it would give the police an idea if he had been out that morning - in fact the warmth from a car bonnet is a sure giveaway. MOO
    That reminds me, a few years ago my son did a burnout a few streets away on his way home. A few minutes later the police turned up at our house, the very first thing they did was to feel his bonnet... incase he said he hadn't been out most likely. I saw them do it before they even knocked on our door. {Luckilly my son changed his tune after that episode, scared the life out of him.}


  26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  27. #734
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Queensland, AU
    Posts
    2,629
    Wakeskate your photos were so appreciated and timely. We all bring different things to the table and thank you for your contribution. Hope your holiday is a good wind down for you.
    Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
    ― Albert Camus


  28. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to possumheart For This Useful Post:


  29. #735
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australlia
    Posts
    1,002
    I would like to give a big Shout Out and thank you to Indromum for standing today on the left hand side of the Kholo and filling all the gaps with flowers to balance out the right hand side.
    That side of the bridge is treacherous as cars are flying past and there is nowhere to stand on the other side of the armco once the terrain starts to go down the slope. IMO
    Thanks to the locals for slowing down too.


  30. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mani For This Useful Post:


Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #36
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 629
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 09:13 AM
  2. Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1144
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 12:52 AM
  3. Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 892
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 07:43 AM
  4. Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1836
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 07:38 AM
  5. Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32
    By SoSueMe in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •