Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MO - Christopher Marks, 12, Eureka, 5 Aug 2012

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by belfastgirl73 View Post
    So sad. A beautiful boy gone in an instant. I cannot blame anyone for this, it was an accidental drowning. RIP sweet boy.

These kids were drinking beer under the supervision of one adult. A 12 yr old, alcohol and river swimming is not a good combination. If these kids were drinking alcohol this was more than just an accident, it was negligent.

So incredibly sad.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

This makes me so angry.

RIP Christopher.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:

I just read read about him disappearing yesterday. I'm sad that he has passed but am glad there was a swift ending for the family. I will reserve judgement on the alcohol. The family is paying the ultimate price for their mistake. Very sad.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bonnie Blue For This Useful Post:

Wait, how old were the kids drinking? Were they 20 and the 12 yr old was tagging along and "swiped some"? Or were all the kids 12-16 ish and drinking???? Maybe I missed it zipping through posts.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

I won't reserve judgement if they were knowingly and willingly allowing a 12 yr old to drink...nope can't do it. 12!!! Not 19 or 20, but 12!!!

Have I let my DD at 19 almost 20 have a margarita at home, yep and play cards/games and go to bed here at home. Not a 12 yr old ...nope. Big difference there! And alcohol and water don't mix. Period. No matter how old or experienced of a drinker you are.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

This is such a sad case. I am a friend of one of the family members. I didn't know Chris, but I sure wish that he had been given the opportunity to live a full life. I expect to see charges of some sort. I'm sure there will be more investigating in the coming weeks.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CherBearSTL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    In above article at huff post:

Katie stated that her younger brother drank a small amount of beer, but that "it wasn't much" and he was not intoxicated.
    so "it wasnt much" according to a 15-yr old and she supposedly knows this how? And this is supposed to appease us? and she knows intoxicated ppl vs not intoxicated ppl? OMG seriously

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. No alcohol for minors....period. Not at home, not at a friends, not in the garage, not at the river, no where...no time. End of story.
    Yes, I totally agree! I would never allow my children to drink.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CherBearSTL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    In above article at huff post:

so "it wasnt much" according to a 15-yr old and she supposedly knows this how? And this is supposed to appease us? and she knows intoxicated ppl vs not intoxicated ppl? OMG seriously
    And who would tell someone this??? I would tell police, but certainly not the media!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherBearSTL For This Useful Post:

Drinking under the supervision of an adult. Too bad no one bothered to supervise the swimming. Had he been under any sort of true 'supervision' he wouldn't have gone missing and drowned. What a tragedy.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chicagofa13 For This Useful Post:

http://affton.patch.com/articles/chr...-meramec-river

Comments under this article are interesting. Wonder if step-dad has been arrested, yet?
    IMO

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post

Comments under this article are interesting. Wonder if step-dad has been arrested, yet?
    Wow. Those comments, and the details in the article, shed a whole new light on the story....
    SEVEN and MORE!! 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Walker....and in 2014 my 16 year old son will join me to walk 60 miles for a CURE!
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/3daywalker

Your source for Scentsy, Velata & Grace Adele...PM me for more info!

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WestCoastLady For This Useful Post:

Some of the comments from yesterday have been removed, they contained detailed information as to the drinking and Christopher's condition as he staggered away from the camp. RIP Christopher, you were failed by so many.

25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

I am hoping this will work.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...J0b3A9MH4wfjB+

Bing maps from 18999 Franklin - Pacific MO to Allenton Access where body was found. About 14 mins drive time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

I find it suspicious his step dad found him at basically the next major location down river that could be accessed by car.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Another picture of Chris.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Affton-...ser=1346471963

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    Another picture of Chris.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Affton-...ser=1346471963

what a cutie!

He had a sparkle about him!

May you fly with the angels, Chris!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Not showing in jail as of now.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/de...hType=offender

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

He deserves to be in jail so I hope that's where he ends up. Leaving the drinking out of it, the boy shouldn't have been allowed to go to the rope swing by himself anyway. Those things are dangerous. There's one at the lake we go to and my husband went with some friends and there were three teenagers there - a girl had just broken her leg from hitting a tree in the rope swing and they couldn't get her out of the water onto their pontoon boat. Fortunately, my husband and friend were able to get her onto their speed boat (much lower in the water) and bring her to the marina. Completely negligent to let him drink and let him go alone - just one of those things alone could have killed him.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amymarie For This Useful Post:

I agree that it is suspicious that the stepfather found the body, coupled with some of those comments.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amymarie For This Useful Post:

Link to new article. A deputy from the area says he doesn't see how the body could have floated to that location, because due to our drought conditions here, the water in some parts of the river is only 6 inches deep right now.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Crimi...165498886.html

Here is a link to an article with photos from the search. You can see in some of the pictures that the river is very low, like all the rivers here right now.

http://fox2now.com/2012/08/07/body-f...or-affton-boy/
    Last edited by calli bear; 08-09-2012 at 12:10 PM.

41. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to calli bear For This Useful Post:

http://eureka-wildwood.patch.com/art...bracelet-vigil

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Step Dad is a 7 time DUI offender.

http://fox2now.com/2012/08/14/christ...-repeated-dui/

"Christopher Marks grandmother says they’ve heard from kids who were with Step-Dad Combs that August 5th weekend, reporting that he bought them Bud Light, Captain Morgan rum and a malt liquor called 4 Loko."

45. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

http://eureka-wildwood.patch.com/art...riend-47d7bcda

“When he smiled, his eyes danced,” said his great-aunt, Donna Sherman.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

wow, those comments shed a whole new light on dear ole sd. I hope he rots!

49. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast