Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I think he must have confessed...look at how deep/dense that area looks and how many such areas there are like that, hundreds if not thousands...needle in a haystack for sure.
    Well, I give all props to God. I KNEW that the only way they'd find her was if he told. I've been praying hard that he would. Regardless if his telling will benefit him or not, he will still never see the light of day as a free man...and sometimes living with your sins is worse than dying because of them.
    You fathers and you mothers
    Be good to one another
    Please try to raise your children right
    Don't let the darkness take 'em
    Don't make 'em feel forsaken
    Just lead them safely to the light--Billy Joe Shaver

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    The family cannot make the announcement.

When a body is found it must come from official sources. That does not mean to say they can't be there when this is done or make a statement following but they cannot make an official announcement in a murder investigation.
    I don't think they wanted to make the announcement. They just want to be the first to know. That's how I read it

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to laura83 For This Useful Post:

This morning I visited the shrine of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (I'm currently in NYC), the first US citizen to be canonized (Seton was the first American-born saint; Cabrini became a citizen but was born in Italy). I knelt in front of Mother Cabrini's body and told her Mickey's body needed to be found. I told her it needed to be found like this week, then took it back and said no, Mother Cabrini, it needs to be found today. Last week I was in Philadelphia and left an intention asking for Mickey's body to be found soon at the shrine of St. John Neumann.

Thank you Mother Cabrini & St. John Neumann for interceding for Mickey's family to be able to put her to rest and strengthen the prosecution's case (or possibly even getting BSL to confess). And thank you to the tons of volunteers, aware citizens who reported BSL, those who have donated money, police, Texas Equusearch, dog handlers, those who put up fliers, and all the others (including WSers who kept Mickey's case out there on this forum) who aided in Mickey's discovery.

Rest in peace sweet girl. Ride that bicycle path in the sky until you are reunited with your parents, siblings, and friends again.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Quote Originally Posted by aml0609 View Post
    From the advertiser's FB page:

From Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft: "We believe those remains are Mickey Shunick's, but we are not 100%." Officials say they will have to wait for official test results to come back.
    They know it's her because he told them where she was. They, of course have to do all of the official things that need doing before a POSITIVE identification can legally be made. MOO
    Be good to one another

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

I think I am most shocked at his possible confession than anything else right now...and wondering if she would ever have been found if he hadn't (assuming he did.) I want to say I hope he did not confess, except I don't want her family to have to go through a trial in two years time, and still not have Mickey.
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Originally posted by> realitybias

This is Louisiana. There are a ton of old cemeteries everywhere. Seriously, some are just out in the woods without gates or anything. Even private cemeteries are often owned by, say, an elderly man or some land manager that never even goes out to see the cemetery, some are held in the family for years and years and haven't had a new addition for 20-30, 50, even a hundred years.
    It would be very easy to place a body in a cemetery and expect nobody would go there.

So true and creepy wooded areas too!

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MissKJN For This Useful Post:

I hope he did confess and that he did it out of his own heart, not in a deal. It would not bother me at all to find a spark of good in someone who has done evil. Quite the contrary, actually.

His defense attorney probably was privy to a lot of information and told BSL your best bet is to give up where MS is and try to save your life. His adoptive mother and even is Bio mother might have had a hand into asking him to reveal where she is.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

I just received info from a reliable source. I'm just going to quote LaffyTaffy yet again "Confession...body found"

HouDat another confirmation you found the right one. Notice the tree line between the two pictures on the right: The big tree and way in the distance on the right past that big tree is a smaller one. Also look at the big tree's limb sticking out.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=30.69...,93.95,,0,-3.8

17. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

https://twitter.com/lcgmeetings

"Craft commenting on Shunick case now....Today, we developed information on the possible location of some human remains in Evangeline Parish......and we are on that scene as we speak...Those remains do appear to be those of Mickey Shunick, and her family has been notified...We have a lot more processing and scientific testing to do to make sure."

Per the Daily Advertiser. Jim Craft says it's her:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...text|FRONTPAGE

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cajun Chardonnay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunA View Post
    Originally posted by> realitybias

This is Louisiana. There are a ton of old cemeteries everywhere. Seriously, some are just out in the woods without gates or anything. Even private cemeteries are often owned by, say, an elderly man or some land manager that never even goes out to see the cemetery, some are held in the family for years and years and haven't had a new addition for 20-30, 50, even a hundred years.
    It would be very easy to place a body in a cemetery and expect nobody would go there.

So true and creepy wooded areas too!

Yup... Called it folks.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8238962&postcount=747"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8238970&postcount=752"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41[/ame]

Definitely seemed like the most likely cemetery to me, with that path leading into it and complete obstruction of view from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I think I am most shocked at his possible confession than anything else right now...and wondering if she would ever have been found if he hadn't (assuming he did.) I want to say I hope he did not confess, except I don't want her family to have to go through a trial in two years time, and still not have Mickey.
    Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said police received information from a credible source Tuesday morning about the possible location of Shunick's body, leading investigators to a small, private cemetery off of La. 10 in rural Evangeline Parish.

I'd say he's pretty credible. Either he totally told them where to find her, or someone who knew where she was did...either way, they wouldn't have found her for a long long time. Somebody talked.
    Be good to one another

23. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

Cpl. Paul Mouton said they received credible information at about 7 this morning.

ETA: If BSL did in fact go to that cemetery, from the photos on the news, he had to have known about it. It is very well hidden.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to txlams For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsdy View Post
    https://twitter.com/lcgmeetings

"Craft commenting on Shunick case now....Today, we developed information on the possible location of some human remains in Evangeline Parish......and we are on that scene as we speak...Those remains do appear to be those of Mickey Shunick, and her family has been notified...We have a lot more processing and scientific testing to do to make sure."
    bbm: At any rate, the part I bolded above sure sounds like a tip, from somebody.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:

I feel like BSL had to have led them to her body, if this is indeed her (and I feel sure it is). Whether or not he confessed to murdering her, or whether he claims it was an accident and he panicked and buried her remains to be seen. As to a deal, I really dont see where much of a deal could be made, other than taking the DP off the table, and let's be honest, if you are 32 years old, is the thought of spending the rest of your natural life in prison really better than being put to death after countless appeals? I think I would choose death. I am reasonably certain he will never draw another breath as a free man. And at least now, at least it seems, Mickey's family may soon be able to give their beloved daughter and sister a fitting goodbye and resting place. Prayers for all who knew, loved, or were touched by this precious life.
    Last edited by SteveP; 08-07-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typos

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

"We’re told that a credible source close to the investigation provided detailed information regarding the location of the body. That information was provided this morning. A task force was dispatched to search the location and a body was found.

The body was located near LA-10 heading towards Oakdale in Evangeline Parish.

Officials say they hope to have a concrete answer later this evening as to whether or not the body is in fact Mickey Shunick."

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetra...ngeline-parish

30. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rhapsdy For This Useful Post:

If it is in fact MS, I am so disappointed in KATC for backtracking and making everyone crazy!! They are a bunch of flunkies who fall to the pressure of local politics, and they always have been...

On another note, I can not begin to imagine what this young lady went through fighting for her life, or what her parents went through wondering about their baby girl... May you all now have peace. God Bless

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quueenie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    I hope he did confess and that he did it out of his own heart, not in a deal. It would not bother me at all to find a spark of good in someone who has done evil. Quite the contrary, actually.
    i dont think he has much of a heart.
    “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CajunTattooer For This Useful Post:

Ville Platte is about 30 minutes from his home. It's not the most direct route to Texas and not on the way. Essentially, you'd take 190 to 13 north to 29 to get to VP. However, from what I've read, she was located on the way to Oakdale. From his home, you'd take 190 west to 13 north in Eunice and continue on 13 past Mamou to a community called Vidrine where there is an intersection called "the y.". At the y you'd take a left on to Oakdale Ft Polk Allen Parish area. Vidrine is important because that's where he raped the young lady that put him in jail in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTattooer View Post
    i dont think he has much of a heart.
    Still, I hope he does.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:

Could the credible information recieved have had anything to do with recieving onstar records?

39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Fibi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by quueenie View Post
    If it is in fact MS, I am so disappointed in KATC for backtracking and making everyone crazy!! They are a bunch of flunkies who fall to the pressure of local politics, and they always have been...

On another note, I can not begin to imagine what this young lady went through fighting for her life, or what her parents went through wondering about their baby girl... May you all now have peace. God Bless
    I respect the fact that KATC backtracked what they originally posted. I think it was out of respect for the family, especially if they had not been notified yet.
    JMO

KLFY would have had to do some "backtracking" if in fact it was not confirmed as Mickey's remains.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aml0609 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast