Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1348

Thread: Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Ok now I am seeing whoa! too much!

Thx for the help~

RIP sweet Mickey!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justwannahelp View Post
    It looks as though there's a halo around the head. My husband thought it was the face of Jesus with the crown of thorns, but now I'm seeing an angel with a halo. The eyes are very distinct.
    A member in my household also said face of Jesus. I need a good night's sleep then I'll look again in the morning.
    Not seeking to condemn or condone...just searching for the truth.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitty Stiletto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanmetthesky View Post

eyes, and nose.
    thank you!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quueenie For This Useful Post:

They did a wonderful job with that piece.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to megmono For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post

Eyes, and nose.
    That's amazing! The eyes look almost like a drawing, and not at all like foliage. Did you friend see it at the time?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewYork625 For This Useful Post:

Before people start bringing in the snark, please, let me just say that I'm sure we're all aware that humans will see patterns in things that aren't there, and it's obvious that that's what we're doing with this picture that Quueenie posted. But please, if it gives some of us some small measure of comfort to see Mickey's face in the foliage, then please, let us have that comfort.

Not directed at anyone, I promise, just worried that this is gonna turn into one of those "big dog head in the window of the DWT" things again, and I don't want that to happen. Please, for Mickey's sake, if you're thinking we're ridiculous, just smile, nod, and humor us, okay?
    "My courageous child faced down a monster. Now I think I can face monsters too. And so can you." ~Nancy Anne Rowe, mother of Mickey Shunick

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I'm not good at the abstract, what is it you see?
    I see a face, right about in the middle.
    You fathers and you mothers
    Be good to one another
    Please try to raise your children right
    Don't let the darkness take 'em
    Don't make 'em feel forsaken
    Just lead them safely to the light--Billy Joe Shaver

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBecky View Post
    Before people start bringing in the snark, please, let me just say that I'm sure we're all aware that humans will see patterns in things that aren't there, and it's obvious that that's what we're doing with this picture that Quueenie posted. But please, if it gives some of us some small measure of comfort to see Mickey's face in the foliage, then please, let us have that comfort.

Not directed at anyone, I promise, just worried that this is gonna turn into one of those "big dog head in the window of the DWT" things again, and I don't want that to happen. Please, for Mickey's sake, if you're thinking we're ridiculous, just smile, nod, and humor us, okay?
    It wasn't a big dog head. It was a big horned owl head!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NewYork625 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NewYork625 View Post
    It wasn't a big dog head. It was a big horned owl head!
    SteveP cleared this up. It was a screeching owl.
    Exercise your 1st amendment right, don't abuse it.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to whatsthatnoise For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NewYork625 View Post
    That's amazing! The eyes look almost like a drawing, and not at all like foliage. Did you friend see it at the time?
    No he didn't.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quueenie For This Useful Post:

Queenie, was this taken at the cemetary where she was found?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K.jill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchbeaux View Post
    Surely someone has posted this already, but it's so lovely you can listen twice. On another note, has someone started a thread for sentiments to the family? Maybe we can all share the beautiful qualities of Mickey that made each one of us relate to her or her case.
    What a brilliant idea! We are all here for different reasons such as locals, knowing her, being captured by he heart.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aussie_girl88 For This Useful Post:

Well said, BayouBecky

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to K.jill For This Useful Post:

ITA...I have only been posting a couple of months, and I guess you retain your newbie status until a mod slaps you with your first Time out. So anyone who wants to see me jump immediately from WS newbie to WS veteran, just make a snarky comment. I think we are all entitled to see some beauty in the photo, bc God knows we have had to see far too much ugliness in this case. JMO.

I didn't know Micky, but somehow she represented all of us, our youth, our hope, our vulnerability, our enthusiam about life. I feel like I have been punched in the stomach.

I am a 60 year old male who is terribly saddened by the tragic events that have made us acknowledge that even without our friends and families we have been exposed to the fact that we are at the mercy of our friends, our families and our neighbors. I see so many people have been brought together because of Micky and our pain has been joined in a huge black cloud hanging over our dear South Louisiana.

The families of Micky and Lisa have been through much, but so have the families of all the girls missing in our area. I know they must live with the questions today of "Is my daughter among his victims?" BSL is charged with having committed the act of murder, such a dirty word to me. How can anyone live with themselves after that. I know some of BSL's family and they are in tremendous pain as well. They must now live with the whispers and rumors and the guilt.

I am not a religious man at all. But I do believe that each person has somehow benefited from knowing and joining in the fact that we are all victims tonight and we have shared in something much bigger than ourselves.

May God Bless all of you. You have given me much. You have made me seen again that people do care. May you all be blessed and find it in your heart to continue on and try to heal. Do not let Micky's death be for nothing. Remember the good in her. And remember that she has brought out the best in you. You are caring, loving, supportive people and I am proud to be from this area. I know that BSL will get whatever it is he deserves. None of us ever escapes that.

I feel like I have been punched in the stomach. RIP Micky and Lisa

The eyes look sad to me

Thank you for this. I am normally a very sweet person, however you know what they say... most people are as nice as they are mean. The person who sent me this was there on business, and he did not have to share with me. As much as everyone on this site cared about finding Mickey, I thought it would be nice to share it with all of you. It made me smile, and I was hoping it would do the same for others. If people get ugly I will request it be pulled, if possible by mods, but I hope instead, it can just be enjoyed.

I have been thinking that when other people have gone missing, has the community cared so much and LE put in so much work then maybe cases such as Lauren spierer, britteny wood, holly bobo and brittanee Drexel may have the chance to be solved.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aussie_girl88 For This Useful Post:

I saw the face as soon as ocean circled it and the butterfly NY circled. Also, 3 m's, a cat face and a small bike.

IMO it is a collage, a gift of comfort.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to K.jill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shann76 View Post
    The eyes look sad to me
    To me it was like... look, here I am...

35. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to quueenie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dustibug View Post
    That was simply beautiful and the words so appropriate for all of those in grief tonight and yet so very thankful Mickey is back with her family and all who loved her. You people are so wonderful and all this time Mickey has been watching you try so valiantly to help. I'm so thankful to be in your company.

Good Night beautiful child. R.I.P.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gkidzla For This Useful Post:

Can someone please link me directly to the family statement, I go onto katc and click video but it won't let me go any further

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aussie_girl88 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by quueenie View Post
    To me it was like... look, here I am...
    I saw it the minute you posted it. Didn't need to be circled.
    You fathers and you mothers
    Be good to one another
    Please try to raise your children right
    Don't let the darkness take 'em
    Don't make 'em feel forsaken
    Just lead them safely to the light--Billy Joe Shaver

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by K.jill View Post
    I saw the face as soon as ocean circled it and the butterfly NY circled. Also, 3 m's, a cat face and a small bike.

IMO it is a collage, a gift of comfort.
    I see a collage NOW... took a little help, but IMO it is soothing
    to me at least!
    ♥ to Steve P, Bayou Becky,
    Mickey and everyone that has been concerned about her!

43. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_girl88 View Post
    Can someone please link me directly to the family statement, I go onto katc and click video but it won't let me go any further
    http://www.katc.com/home/

Third story down

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dustibug For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354 LastLast