Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354
Results 1,326 to 1,348 of 1348

Thread: Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

  1. #1326
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Aussie girl, thanks for bringing that up. I know for a fact that you are not disparaging anyone and certainly not the memory of Micky. But I have had the same question as to why. We should rally around all of our people but some resonate with us more than others. Micky was a beautiful, wholesome girl just minding her own business. She was from an upper middle class family.

    Unfortunately, and I'm not pointing fingers here, some of the missing have been involved in activities that put them in harms way. Some, NOT ALL, we expect it from and not really surprised when we hear of it. I think you know what I mean. A life is a life and all should be seen in the same way. We are not perfect in any way but we still hold different values for different people.
    Keiosha Marie Felix is still missing and people barely know her name. Smacks of classicism and racism to me.

    One day, when we are all healed, we won't have to worry about any of it. I appreciate your comments and concern. That tells me you are a compassionate person. I hope that never changes for you. It is a quality that I admire greatly.

    Just MY thoughts on the matter.
    Thank you, and I believe everyone here shares these great qualities. And you are exactly right everyone is a person, we are all the same we bleed through similar veins (lol quoted by tupac). Here is Australia we only here about 20 missing cases a year through media, I think this needs to be changed. Everyone deserves this hope, care, love and compassion. It doesn't matter about your socio-economic class, location, race,weight,looks...you get my jist. I believe we all deserve the right to media coverage, and LE attention. Not sure if you heard of this case but it happened in 1999 Melbourne Australia when Rachel barber disappeared, she was found to be murdered by a girl who babysat her in her younger years, she was only 15, she died from jealousy, the murdered who I refused to refer to took her life because she was beautiful and she considered herself fat and ugly. This murder is due for release soon and the family has made pleas to not allow it. Why I'm talking about this case is because Rachel's mother elizabeth south hall wrote a book called perfect victim, it is about Rachel's disappearance and her families fight with the LE to help them. It is an amazing book that I have read many times, and I suggest it to you all. Everyone deserves a chance.

  2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to aussie_girl88 For This Useful Post:


  3. #1327
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,692
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post
    I think yes. She did sense something. She felt bad all evening. Only to never make it home. I think she knew somehow. Very sad. Sometimes gut feelings are true.
    Me too...

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  5. #1328
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    28
    I want to say a few things if y'all don't mind. First, it always amazes me whenever I realize what a small world we live in. I did not know of Mickey or her family before any of this. Now I know that she was a teacher to my best friends niece, and a friend to my pharmacist. I know that even though she was young, she lived a full life overflowing with love and happiness. This is one of those rare cases when you can actually see what a persons purpose was on this earth. Mickeys was to bring a community together, help someone else's family to get answers, and stop a killer. Please, don't dwell on her death. Celebrate her life. There is not one photo of her that looks like she didn't love every minute of it.
    If only we could get the same outpouring of love and concern in every missing persons case, we could get the same outcome: closure in some form. Because every person has a purpose, and loved ones who deserve to know what happened. From the beautiful college coed, to the drug addicted prostitute. EVERY LIFE IS IMPORTANT. I know that I am preaching to the choir,but thank you for listening anyway. The people in this forum have shown me that there are good people left in this world. I am so glad to have become a part of this place, though I wish it were in better circumstances. Thank you all for being selfless in a selfish world.

    May God hold the Shunicks and Lisa Pate's family ever so tightly. And to quote one of Mickeys favorite songs, all you need is love.


  6. #1329
    Following this case since day one, I thought it'd get easier to feel less sad, the more clues that were found that told her story. But yet with every clue of her found, I felt more heart broken and more close to her.

    To think us, complete strangers to her are feeling empty, I can only image the pain her family and friends are feeling. The love those had for Mickey put a serial killer behind bars.

    To take a life and person as beautiful as Mickey is unfathomable.


  7. #1330
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post
    Following this case since day one, I thought it'd get easier to feel less sad, the more clues that were found that told her story. But yet with every clue of her found, I felt more heart broken and more close to her.

    To think us, complete strangers to her are feeling empty, I can only image the pain her family and friends are feeling. The love those had for Mickey put a serial killer behind bars.

    To take a life and person as beautiful as Mickey is unfathomable.
    I agree, when I came across Mickey I looked into her eyes, and I couldn't let this case go, I became obsessed almost. There was just something I couldn't pinpoint, and I still can't


  8. #1331
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    Before the sting of the broad brush is felt by any locals, we should remember that the Felix case is a lot more complicated - family members lying to police, etc., and so it's been murky and slow to develop.

    Mickey's disappearance was simple and easy to understand.

    There on camera one moment, and then

    Mickey's family immediately began asking the community for help. Her friends took the initiative to post flyers everywhere and get the ball rolling. You couldn't avoid seeing them. I am not being critical of the Felix family here - just stating a fact, that I never saw any Felix flyers, though the family could have done just what Mickey's did. The Felix case and the Shunick case are very different.
    Your point is well taken. This is the first time I have ever seen this outpouring of love and concern from the community. Yes, those cases are very different. There were some before Micky that didn't get the same attention.
    Should LE treat them differently because the families act differently? Will the next one, should their be one, touch our hearts so much? I'm not sure. Missing girls need all the help they can get. Even when they come from homes that don't place such emphasis on family, even when they are drug addicted prostitutes. Obviously the Shunick family is the type of family many people would love to have. They reached out and many, many were theret to help. They just seem to love Micky so much and they hung in together. They also were very appreciative of the support they were given.

    Since the family has issued a statement that they wish to grieve privately, do you know if there are other memorials planned. I'm sure others would like to attend. Some just need some closure, to be with others who care and can support each other. Each person holding a candle that from a distance high above can be seen as a huge symbol of what Micky has meant to so many people.

    Do you know if the Schunicks attended any of the memorials? I just can't imagine the pain they must feel. I pray that one day they will get a good nights rest again, without having to wake up to the nightmare they've lived.

  9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jarabie For This Useful Post:


  10. #1332
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    ITA...I have only been posting a couple of months, and I guess you retain your newbie status until a mod slaps you with your first Time out. So anyone who wants to see me jump immediately from WS newbie to WS veteran, just make a snarky comment. I think we are all entitled to see some beauty in the photo, bc God knows we have had to see far too much ugliness in this case. JMO.
    Oh, thanks for this, SteveP!

    (Now -- just to ask one favor -- since you are not completely a newbie any more -- would you consider getting a new avatar? I very much like to read your posts, but ... it's getting where every time you post, my head starts to hurt ...from thinking about you banging your head on the computer!! LOL)

  11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  12. #1333
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_girl88 View Post
    Thank you, and I believe everyone here shares these great qualities. And you are exactly right everyone is a person, we are all the same we bleed through similar veins (lol quoted by tupac). Here is Australia we only here about 20 missing cases a year through media, I think this needs to be changed. Everyone deserves this hope, care, love and compassion. It doesn't matter about your socio-economic class, location, race,weight,looks...you get my jist. I believe we all deserve the right to media coverage, and LE attention. Not sure if you heard of this case but it happened in 1999 Melbourne Australia when Rachel barber disappeared, she was found to be murdered by a girl who babysat her in her younger years, she was only 15, she died from jealousy, the murdered who I refused to refer to took her life because she was beautiful and she considered herself fat and ugly. This murder is due for release soon and the family has made pleas to not allow it. Why I'm talking about this case is because Rachel's mother elizabeth south hall wrote a book called perfect victim, it is about Rachel's disappearance and her families fight with the LE to help them. It is an amazing book that I have read many times, and I suggest it to you all. Everyone deserves a chance.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly read that book.

    If I were to go around killing all the beautiful people in this area because they are beautiful, I would be a very busy man. People here are naturally physically beautiful. It must be the crawfish they eat. J/K

    But most of all, their hearts have outshone their faces. I'm indeed lucky to be a Cajun.

  13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jarabie For This Useful Post:


  14. #1334
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Your point is well taken. This is the first time I have ever seen this outpouring of love and concern from the community. Yes, those cases are very different. There were some before Micky that didn't get the same attention.
    Should LE treat them differently because the families act differently? Will the next one, should their be one, touch our hearts so much? I'm not sure. Missing girls need all the help they can get. Even when they come from homes that don't place such emphasis on family, even when they are drug addicted prostitutes. Obviously the Shunick family is the type of family many people would love to have. They reached out and many, many were theret to help. They just seem to love Micky so much and they hung in together. They also were very appreciative of the support they were given.

    Since the family has issued a statement that they wish to grieve privately, do you know if there are other memorials planned. I'm sure others would like to attend. Some just need some closure, to be with others who care and can support each other. Each person holding a candle that from a distance high above can be seen as a huge symbol of what Micky has meant to so many people.

    Do you know if the Schunicks attended any of the memorials? I just can't imagine the pain they must feel. I pray that one day they will get a good nights rest again, without having to wake up to the nightmare they've lived.
    I don't know if there is anything planned. Someone asked upthread if the funeral would be public. My instinct is that the family will want a private service, and do a separate public memorial. They are aware how hard people have tried to find her, and so would like to pay their respects.

    As it is said that she will not return to her family for two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see a public memorial sometime in the next week or so, probably in a park, like the vigil that was held early on. I am hoping that I hear about it, as I am not a Facebook member.

    I am sure that I am not alone among her friends in wanting to call Charlie with my condolences.... but also definitely not wanting to intrude. So I will write her a handwritten letter instead. The nice thing about letters, that most people have forgotten, is that they can be read at the recipient's convenience.

    They have said that the search center will still be open, and so that will be a great source of info. Several posters mentioned where they think it is now - after having moved several times, I lost its location after the last move. I may drop by to ask about a memorial.


  15. #1335
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    174

    Question Re: bloodied pictures

    Hi All:

    I am so sorry for the outcome of this case and all the friends and relatives of Mickey's who have to endure this pain.

    I don't post very often but the bloodied pictures really made me think. I am wondering if perhaps the pictures are of injuries that Mickey inflicted on BSL. The same injuries that required him to go to the hospital and get treatment. What do you think?
    ***ELVIS has left the building***

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CHARLISA For This Useful Post:


  17. #1336
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Your point is well taken. This is the first time I have ever seen this outpouring of love and concern from the community. Yes, those cases are very different. There were some before Micky that didn't get the same attention.
    Should LE treat them differently because the families act differently? Will the next one, should their be one, touch our hearts so much? I'm not sure. Missing girls need all the help they can get. Even when they come from homes that don't place such emphasis on family, even when they are drug addicted prostitutes. Obviously the Shunick family is the type of family many people would love to have. They reached out and many, many were theret to help. They just seem to love Micky so much and they hung in together. They also were very appreciative of the support they were given.

    Since the family has issued a statement that they wish to grieve privately, do you know if there are other memorials planned. I'm sure others would like to attend. Some just need some closure, to be with others who care and can support each other. Each person holding a candle that from a distance high above can be seen as a huge symbol of what Micky has meant to so many people.

    Do you know if the Schunicks attended any of the memorials? I just can't imagine the pain they must feel. I pray that one day they will get a good nights rest again, without having to wake up to the nightmare they've lived.
    The Shunicks did attend some so the fundraisers. As far as future memorials, it will be awhile. The news said her body will be in Baton Rouge for a few weeks, and then Lafayette parish coroners will get her. So at least a month before there is a funeral, for sure.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daichab For This Useful Post:


  19. #1337
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly read that book.

    If I were to go around killing all the beautiful people in this area because they are beautiful, I would be a very busy man. People here are naturally physically beautiful. It must be the crawfish they eat. J/K

    But most of all, their hearts have outshone their faces. I'm indeed lucky to be a Cajun.
    You are correct. I've been a lot of places, and have never yet found a town, including L.A. or New York, with a higher per-capita rate of beautiful women than Lafayette, Louisiana.

    This is a fact, jack.

  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  21. #1338
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by daichab View Post
    The Shunicks did attend some so the fundraisers. As far as future memorials, it will be awhile. The news said her body will be in Baton Rouge for a few weeks, and then Lafayette parish coroners will get her. So at least a month before there is a funeral, for sure.
    News has been reporting two weeks. My thinking is that with the outpouring of emotion, and the gap, the family likely will acknowledge the community's effort with a weekend memorial in a city park, possibly next weekend, so that then the decks are clear for them to mourn Mickey privately, as they deserve, when she comes home.

    JMO

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  23. #1339
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tara
    Posts
    2,748
    IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO
    Proud WS N-LIB

  24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:


  25. #1340
    This is my personal favorite "mourning" song

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uitBzi57PVE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]The Crow and the Butterfly - Shinedown + Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fairest of them all For This Useful Post:


  27. #1341
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO
    I'm sure it will be updated. "Body Found" was because the ID had not been made.

  28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  29. #1342
    Brettlys status: "the world seems a little dimmer without you here. I love you Mickey Shunick, rest easy knowing we all do."


  30. #1343
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,692
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post
    Brettlys status: "the world seems a little dimmer without you here. I love you Mickey Shunick, rest easy knowing we all do."
    Poor guy! My ♥ goes out to him! Wish he was my fb friend!!!!

  31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  32. #1344
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    316

    Live Like You Were Dying...

    In Honor of Mickey's Memory...(and for all the other Bright & Beautiful Souls out there including all WSers!)[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKK7AXLOUNo&lr=1"]Stacy Westfall Championship Bareback & Bridleless - YouTube[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKK7AXLOUNo&lr=1"][/ame]
    Last edited by bessie; 08-10-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: fixed link
    "Your Intuition Is Your Genius Compass that Points the Way When You Can't See It."

  33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Some1Nose For This Useful Post:


  34. #1345
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,120
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Aussie girl, thanks for bringing that up. I know for a fact that you are not disparaging anyone and certainly not the memory of Micky. But I have had the same question as to why. We should rally around all of our people but some resonate with us more than others. Micky was a beautiful, wholesome girl just minding her own business. She was from an upper middle class family.

    Unfortunately, and I'm not pointing fingers here, some of the missing have been involved in activities that put them in harms way. Some, NOT ALL, we expect it from and not really surprised when we hear of it. I think you know what I mean. A life is a life and all should be seen in the same way. We are not perfect in any way but we still hold different values for different people.
    Keiosha Marie Felix is still missing and people barely know her name. Smacks of classicism and racism to me.

    One day, when we are all healed, we won't have to worry about any of it. I appreciate your comments and concern. That tells me you are a compassionate person. I hope that never changes for you. It is a quality that I admire greatly.

    Just MY thoughts on the matter.
    BBM - I haven't posted here very much, but have followed along. There is NO rhyme or reason why one case will stick out and another will not. This goes for ALL cases all over the world! A life is a life, buy why a case finds it's was all over the headlines is anyone's guess. Why some of these horrible tragedies touch a nation, is anyone's guess.

    What I do know is that, the case you are referencing, and I have not looked at it at all, is not a reflection on Mickey's case. One has nothing to do with the other. Somehow, for some unknown reason, Mickey's case made national news and gripped the nation.

    I pray that each and every victim is found. I pray for justice for each and every victim. I hope and pray that everyone, everywhere, will get more involved to help all victim's. It's time to stop this war on women, middle class or lower income, black or white, criminal past or not.

    JMO

    RIP Mickey! You have touched so many hearts and souls, saved many lives, and I admire you greatly. I'm glad you will be home where you belong, in heaven. May you rest in paradise, and look over your family for eternity.

  35. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:


  36. #1346
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    News has been reporting two weeks. My thinking is that with the outpouring of emotion, and the gap, the family likely will acknowledge the community's effort with a weekend memorial in a city park, possibly next weekend, so that then the decks are clear for them to mourn Mickey privately, as they deserve, when she comes home.

    JMO
    Parc Sans Soucie was where the candlelight vigil was held on May 22 and Mickey's family was there on the stage. The parc has been offered for use again for a memorial and planning has begun.

  37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to grammiof4 For This Useful Post:


  38. #1347
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    20,032
    Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO
    OMG, thank you for reminding me. I meant to do that earlier.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"



  39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  40. #1348
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    20,032
    I'm going to close this thread now. Please continue posting your thoughts and your condolences for Mickey's family in this new thread.

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8248239#post8248239"]Condolences for the Shunick Family - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

    New discussion thread here...

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181423"]New Developments and Discussion, 08/10/2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by bessie; 08-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"



  41. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354

Similar Threads

  1. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1417
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
  2. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1072
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 08:11 PM
  3. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 519
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 01:26 PM
  4. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 563
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 03:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •