Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90
Results 1,336 to 1,348 of 1348
  1. #1336
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Your point is well taken. This is the first time I have ever seen this outpouring of love and concern from the community. Yes, those cases are very different. There were some before Micky that didn't get the same attention.
    Should LE treat them differently because the families act differently? Will the next one, should their be one, touch our hearts so much? I'm not sure. Missing girls need all the help they can get. Even when they come from homes that don't place such emphasis on family, even when they are drug addicted prostitutes. Obviously the Shunick family is the type of family many people would love to have. They reached out and many, many were theret to help. They just seem to love Micky so much and they hung in together. They also were very appreciative of the support they were given.

    Since the family has issued a statement that they wish to grieve privately, do you know if there are other memorials planned. I'm sure others would like to attend. Some just need some closure, to be with others who care and can support each other. Each person holding a candle that from a distance high above can be seen as a huge symbol of what Micky has meant to so many people.

    Do you know if the Schunicks attended any of the memorials? I just can't imagine the pain they must feel. I pray that one day they will get a good nights rest again, without having to wake up to the nightmare they've lived.
    The Shunicks did attend some so the fundraisers. As far as future memorials, it will be awhile. The news said her body will be in Baton Rouge for a few weeks, and then Lafayette parish coroners will get her. So at least a month before there is a funeral, for sure.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daichab For This Useful Post:


  3. #1337
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly read that book.

    If I were to go around killing all the beautiful people in this area because they are beautiful, I would be a very busy man. People here are naturally physically beautiful. It must be the crawfish they eat. J/K

    But most of all, their hearts have outshone their faces. I'm indeed lucky to be a Cajun.
    You are correct. I've been a lot of places, and have never yet found a town, including L.A. or New York, with a higher per-capita rate of beautiful women than Lafayette, Louisiana.

    This is a fact, jack.


  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  5. #1338
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by daichab View Post
    The Shunicks did attend some so the fundraisers. As far as future memorials, it will be awhile. The news said her body will be in Baton Rouge for a few weeks, and then Lafayette parish coroners will get her. So at least a month before there is a funeral, for sure.
    News has been reporting two weeks. My thinking is that with the outpouring of emotion, and the gap, the family likely will acknowledge the community's effort with a weekend memorial in a city park, possibly next weekend, so that then the decks are clear for them to mourn Mickey privately, as they deserve, when she comes home.

    JMO


  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  7. #1339
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tara
    Posts
    2,740
    IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO
    Proud WS N-LIB


  8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:


  9. #1340
    This is my personal favorite "mourning" song

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uitBzi57PVE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]The Crow and the Butterfly - Shinedown + Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]


  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fairest of them all For This Useful Post:


  11. #1341
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO
    I'm sure it will be updated. "Body Found" was because the ID had not been made.


  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:


  13. #1342
    Brettlys status: "the world seems a little dimmer without you here. I love you Mickey Shunick, rest easy knowing we all do."



  14. #1343
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    12,324
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post
    Brettlys status: "the world seems a little dimmer without you here. I love you Mickey Shunick, rest easy knowing we all do."
    Poor guy! My ♥ goes out to him! Wish he was my fb friend!!!!


  15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  16. #1344
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    318

    Live Like You Were Dying...

    In Honor of Mickey's Memory...(and for all the other Bright & Beautiful Souls out there including all WSers!)[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKK7AXLOUNo&lr=1"]Stacy Westfall Championship Bareback & Bridleless - YouTube[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKK7AXLOUNo&lr=1"][/ame]
    Last edited by bessie; 08-10-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: fixed link
    "Your Intuition Is Your Genius Compass that Points the Way When You Can't See It."


  17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Some1Nose For This Useful Post:


  18. #1345
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by jarabie View Post
    Aussie girl, thanks for bringing that up. I know for a fact that you are not disparaging anyone and certainly not the memory of Micky. But I have had the same question as to why. We should rally around all of our people but some resonate with us more than others. Micky was a beautiful, wholesome girl just minding her own business. She was from an upper middle class family.

    Unfortunately, and I'm not pointing fingers here, some of the missing have been involved in activities that put them in harms way. Some, NOT ALL, we expect it from and not really surprised when we hear of it. I think you know what I mean. A life is a life and all should be seen in the same way. We are not perfect in any way but we still hold different values for different people.
    Keiosha Marie Felix is still missing and people barely know her name. Smacks of classicism and racism to me.

    One day, when we are all healed, we won't have to worry about any of it. I appreciate your comments and concern. That tells me you are a compassionate person. I hope that never changes for you. It is a quality that I admire greatly.

    Just MY thoughts on the matter.
    BBM - I haven't posted here very much, but have followed along. There is NO rhyme or reason why one case will stick out and another will not. This goes for ALL cases all over the world! A life is a life, buy why a case finds it's was all over the headlines is anyone's guess. Why some of these horrible tragedies touch a nation, is anyone's guess.

    What I do know is that, the case you are referencing, and I have not looked at it at all, is not a reflection on Mickey's case. One has nothing to do with the other. Somehow, for some unknown reason, Mickey's case made national news and gripped the nation.

    I pray that each and every victim is found. I pray for justice for each and every victim. I hope and pray that everyone, everywhere, will get more involved to help all victim's. It's time to stop this war on women, middle class or lower income, black or white, criminal past or not.

    JMO

    RIP Mickey! You have touched so many hearts and souls, saved many lives, and I admire you greatly. I'm glad you will be home where you belong, in heaven. May you rest in paradise, and look over your family for eternity.


  19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:


  20. #1346
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    News has been reporting two weeks. My thinking is that with the outpouring of emotion, and the gap, the family likely will acknowledge the community's effort with a weekend memorial in a city park, possibly next weekend, so that then the decks are clear for them to mourn Mickey privately, as they deserve, when she comes home.

    JMO
    Parc Sans Soucie was where the candlelight vigil was held on May 22 and Mickey's family was there on the stage. The parc has been offered for use again for a memorial and planning has begun.


  21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to grammiof4 For This Useful Post:


  22. #1347
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    25,252
    Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO
    OMG, thank you for reminding me. I meant to do that earlier.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  24. #1348
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    25,252
    I'm going to close this thread now. Please continue posting your thoughts and your condolences for Mickey's family in this new thread.

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8248239#post8248239"]Condolences for the Shunick Family - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

    New discussion thread here...

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181423"]New Developments and Discussion, 08/10/2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by bessie; 08-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90

Similar Threads

  1. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1417
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
  2. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1072
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 08:11 PM
  3. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 519
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 01:26 PM
  4. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4
    By wfgodot in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 563
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 03:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •