CA CA - Sue Sharp 36, & 3 children, Keddie Cabin Murders, Plumas, 11 Apr 1981

MeoW333

Reaction score
http://www.socyberty.com/Paranormal/Unsolved-Mysteries-Part-1-Cabin-28.124492

"Very few people know or have ever been in Keddie in Northern California. It has always been a very small and quiet place. This is even truer since in a census taken in 2000, only 96 people lived in Keddie. There used to be much more, but since 1981, it has become a ghost town. A terrible event happened in April of that year that has changed the little town forever and has left many questions unanswered. It has even given this town some unwanted and morbid tourists."

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]** KEDDIE - Cabin 28 on Keddie Resort Road stands empty. The tenants moved out Wednesday. By coincidence, it was the day Plumas County sheriff's deputies announced human remains discovered near Feather Falls in Butte County were those of a 12-year-old girl who disappeared from Cabin 28 more than three years ago.
When new tenants move in, the story again will be told of three violent deaths at the cabin. A mother, son and neighborhood boy were beaten and stabbed to death in the"

Many articles in the NEWS archives of google are available; many want you to pay for the full article; there is a lot on the net regarding the murders. The new film "The Strangers" is loosely based on the Keddie cabin murders which remain unsolved.

Triple murder unsolved..
[/FONT]

Awful story, MeoW. :(

a paranormal event is seriously considered, apparently.

i will be thinking on . . .

Meow,

This was one of the cases that I used to check on to see if it ever got solved.

I used to go to this site <modsnip - 13 years later, the site it a harmful site, NOT when Talisman linked it> . Awhile ago a poster stated making some comments in the message board like he almost 'knew' things about the killers.

Thank you for bringing this here. Hven't checked on this case for a loooong time. Had no idea they were making a movie based on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meow,

This was one of the cases that I used to check on to see if it ever got solved.

I used to go to this site <modsnip - linked site is now a bad site>. Awhile ago a poster stated making some comments in the message board like he almost 'knew' things about the killers.

Thank you for bringing this here. Hven't checked on this case for a loooong time. Had no idea they were making a movie based on it.
Craig.I dont beleive he knows anything but he certainly is desperate to insert himself into the story.
Unfortunately when you try to read the message board over there to attempt to learn anything about the case youll find every thread hijacked by him and his drug intrigue on the mean streets of Keddie circa 1981 fantasies its useless.
Too bad because its a facinating case.

The photographs of the scene and resort are interesting.

<modsnip- link is to a harmful site now>

Some people on that site are claiming this is totally made up for the movie. That this crime never happened. Hmmm, what proof do we have that this is true and not some crazy stunt (ie:Blair Witch Project) by film makers to get people into their movie? Sick, but Hollywood kinda swings that way.

Some people on that site are claiming this is totally made up for the movie. That this crime never happened. Hmmm, what proof do we have that this is true and not some crazy stunt (ie:Blair Witch Project) by film makers to get people into their movie? Sick, but Hollywood kinda swings that way.

If you google "keddie murders" you'll find alot about the actual murders.

What loganon said &#8212; i googled this and found quite a bit.

however, i may be wrong and everything on the web regarding this case is made up. :confused:

And Talisman appears to have a history of checking out this case.

I just read the front page of the <modsnip - now a bad site> website, and the line about people being brutally killed but no one hearing anything reminds me of Joseph Duncan and what he did to the Groene Family. I'm not saying that he was involved, but after reading what he did to those poor people, I'm not at all shocked that no one heard anything.

I find a lot of the people who post on the messageboard at <modsnip - cleanup of link change> kinda ......scary. A lot of them obviously know eachother and they were all involved indirectly or perhaps directly with what happened that night and the environment is very hostile. It made me feel grateful for how respectful the posters at WS are.

What loganon said — i googled this and found quite a bit.

however, i may be wrong and everything on the web regarding this case is made up. :confused:

that's what I am afraid of....hmmmm.
I hope it is UNTRUE for the sake of this family.

And Talisman appears to have a history of checking out this case.

Hi, Floh:)

Yeah I used to go to that site quite often. That murder was just so chilling it really upset me. But then visits to their message board seemed just as disturbing sometimes. Just sort of quit going to the site.

Pretty sure it's not a hoax, Pixie. If so then they've had me duped for years:)

Yeah Ive been aware of this crime since the 80's it predates the movie.
I think the connection between the crime and the script are pretty flimsy
Im sure the 'Inspired By True Events ' business is a marketing ploy to give the movie some 'mojo'.
As far a Keddie goes (and my impatience with 'Craig') im fairly convinced that the investigation being so dialed in to a 'drug involvement' angle is exactly why its remained unsolved since 1981.
Its the same mindset that kept the Groene investigation here in Idaho revving the engine in neutral for months while LE leaned on every tweaker and burn out case in the county leaving Joeseph Duncan free to torture Dylan and Shasta Groene at his leisure.

Yeah Ive been aware of this crime since the 80's it predates the movie.
I think the connection between the crime and the script are pretty flimsy
Im sure the 'Inspired By True Events ' business is a marketing ploy to give the movie some 'mojo'.
As far a Keddie goes (and my impatience with 'Craig') im fairly convinced that the investigation being so dialed in to a 'drug involvement' angle is exactly why its remained unsolved since 1981.
Its the same mindset that kept the Groene investigation here in Idaho revving the engine in neutral for months while LE leaned on every tweaker and burn out case in the county leaving Joeseph Duncan free to torture Dylan and Shasta Groene at his leisure.

kline,

I just spent a little time over at their message boards this morning ... seems like nothing has changed there!! I remember now why I quit going to read their boards. What a mess, though, there are still some very interesting characters posting there.

What horror those poor souls went through .... someday I hope it is solved.

Of course, being a native Northern Californian, I had to investigate further to see if I could possibly make this journey. I did a search on 'Keddie Resort' and found a great article originally published in the San Francisco Chronicle that discussed the murders in detail and I forwarded the link to my friend Grey Wolf who had spent many of his formative years in the mountains, asking him if he'd ever been to Keddie. He replied that he had lived near Keddie and that he had been there a few time, and a classmate of his named Tina had been killed while he was there. He then read the link I had sent and wrote back, "Oh my god! This is the same story! I knew Tina!" I asked him if he could take me up there sometime soon so that we could explore the exterior (and perhaps the interior) of the haunted cabin. He agreed and, along with our compatriots K and C, headed up to Keddie on Sunday, September 2, 2001.

LINK

Of course, being a native Northern Californian, I had to investigate further to see if I could possibly make this journey. I did a search on 'Keddie Resort' and found a great article originally published in the San Francisco Chronicle that discussed the murders in detail and I forwarded the link to my friend Grey Wolf who had spent many of his formative years in the mountains, asking him if he'd ever been to Keddie. He replied that he had lived near Keddie and that he had been there a few time, and a classmate of his named Tina had been killed while he was there. He then read the link I had sent and wrote back, "Oh my god! This is the same story! I knew Tina!" I asked him if he could take me up there sometime soon so that we could explore the exterior (and perhaps the interior) of the haunted cabin. He agreed and, along with our compatriots K and C, headed up to Keddie on Sunday, September 2, 2001.

LINK
Thanks Chris, I want to see the movie and heard awhile ago it was "based" on a true story.

LINK

christine:) Thank you so much for this link!!!

You guys are making me want to 'sink my teeth' back into this one.

LINK

Wow, that was a fascinating read, christine. Thanks for posting it. I used to visit the Cabin 28 site regularly, but sort of lost track of it over time. It's too bad the owner felt the need to destroy the cabin. I would think it would hold some sort of historic significance to the area. But that's easy for me to say, I suppose, since it wasn't hitting my wallet. :)

I want to see this too, it had a bad review on it not being that good. I assume it was one of the few premiere cities before it went nationwide. I'll probably rent it, I had no idea of this case till I heard of the movie. Thanks Christine for the site.

I dont think its paranormal, unfortunately killer's do get away with it sometimes :( We had a guy break into my parents house when I was a teenager. My dog didnt even hear him and he slept on the first floor. Thankfully my dad's overactive bladder woke him up to go the bathroom and then he heard the screen door close, he had already stepped inside the house but he must have just gotten in as nothing was opened or taken. My dad looked out the window out of the bedroom and he saw him go to the neighbors under streetlights so he called the neighbor and when the phone rang he went to the next house so he called that neighbor then called the cops. He broke into nine houses that night and five of them he was able to steal quite a bit from. We never heard nothing else of it so I dont think he was caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back