WA WA - Spanaway, AsianFem 22-32, UP5673, found by dog, clothes, green Tommy Hilfiger shoe, Feb'03

webrocket

Reaction score
there is a UID found in Feb 2003 in Pierce County, WA. deceased was an Asian female, estimated to be 5'0", between 22-32 y.o. estimated date of death was any time between 1998-2002.

two rule outs:

Nguyet Nguyen 1965 Washington
Misty Thompson 1978 Washington

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5673

this missing person just showed up in Namus, Shanaz Zakia, an Asian woman, missing from King County, WA in Oct 2002.

Shanaz was listed as being 5'2" and 29 y.o.

on the one hand they describe the UID as being mostly skeletal but they have a great description of the clothing so I can't tell how long the body was really there. if it is Shanaz, then we are talking just 4 months.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/16985/0/

so my question is do we have a similar situation as Nikole Bakoles where age, general demographics and location trump some of the possible discrepancies?

If the bones were only there for a few months, they would probably not be as dried out as they would be if they were there for 3 years.

For that reason, I'd lean towards probably not. But it wouldn't hurt to call it to their attention.

I found an email address for the Pierce County ME and sent Shanaz's name in.

Did you get a response?

I found this thread because I was about to call her in myself.

Her actual house is 6.2 miles away from where the UID was found. Too coincidental not to chase I think!

Did you get a response?

I found this thread because I was about to call her in myself.

Her actual house is 6.2 miles away from where the UID was found. Too coincidental not to chase I think!

I got no response. if you'd like to call it in, great. the more the merrier!

OK, I will do. Hopefully one of us will get a response eventually!

It sounds like Shanaz Zakia is a good possibility. Here is an article I found on her concerning her disappearance. http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/MuktoChinta/message/4476

It looks like it's about 40 miles from the area she was last seen to where the remains were found.

Do we have a thread for Shanaz Zakia? I read in the article that she goes by her middle name "Sathi." I searched WS and couldn't find one but I may have missed it?

I checked both of these links and they say that both the UID and Shanaz Zakia have DNA on file. unless it is a mismatch, i.e. one is nuc and the other mt, then I can assume the UID is not Shanaz.

There's not much info on this UID or on Kyung Sun Choi, but everything that is there matches really well. Since they are from the same county, I would think that this possibility is/has been investigated, but it doesn't hurt to call it in. MOO.

I don't think it could be Kyung Sun Choi, on her NamUs there is a comment "Kyung Sun Choi contacted Pierce County Sheriff Department on 8/30/06 and stated she is living in Seattle. This has not been confirmed."

Then again, of course hasn't been confirmed - but that makes me think that either she is definitely alive (or was in 2006), or she was definitely murdered and someone was calling to cover up. But I am leaning toward the former.

No new ruleouts, but there's additional information about her clothing:

Button front blouse, wire support-type brassiere

green shoe with white rubber-type sole contained a "Tommy Hilfiger" label and size12M

I'm thinking that has to be a child's 12M if she's only five feet tall. A woman that small would be extremely unlikely to have a 12M women's size foot, and it doesn't sound like the kind of shoe you'd wear large.

I suppose the other thing it might indicate is that the height estimate is wrong. We've seen a bit of that recently.

I remember that under the circumstances for this case it previously said that the skull was found in a lawnmower bag. The circumstances listed on NamUs were changed in late 2012/early 2013. I wish I had taken a screenshot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back