867 users online (181 members and 686 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Jason Harper, 30, murdered, Carlsbad, 7 Aug 2012

i usually post in the missing/located forums, so im not too sure exactly where i should post this... but i'm a local to this story, so i'm very curious to see what happens!!

http://www.10news.com/news/31340598/detail.html

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Police sought a woman and her three children today after receiving a call about the suspicious death of a 30-year-old man inside the family's home in a gated Carlsbad community.

The death in the 2400 block of Badger Lane east of the Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course was reported just after 11 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carlsbad police.

No specifics about the death were immediately released but police said they were looking for Julie Harper and her three young children. Police said she was not a suspect, as of 8 a.m., and did not disclose her relationship, if any, to the deceased.

A neighbor told 10News that Jason and Julie Harper live at the home. The identity of the person killed has not yet been confirmed.

According to court records in North County, a woman by the name of Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. It is unknown at this time if it is the same couple.

Police described Harper as white, about 5 feet 3 inches , with brown hair and brown eyes. Her children were listed as 18-month-old son J*****, 6-year-old daughter J***** and 9-year-old son J***. Her age was not immediately released.

The family may be traveling in a 2008 gold Toyota Sienna minivan, with a California license plate 6DAB157, or a silver Ford SUV, with a California license plate 6BVF096, police said.
    Last edited by mamacita; 08-08-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

i'm really curious about both vehicles being listed as she "might" be driving one of them... wouldn't they know which one was missing from the home? unless both cars were missing... makes me think there was more than one adult in the home at the time of the murder.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

the news article has been updated:

According to court records in North County, Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. A court date was scheduled for Sept. 18.

In the documents, Julie stated she was currently a stay-at-home mom and worked occasionally from home. She listed herself as a realtor from 2005 to 2007.
    She also stated that her husband was frequently angry, had a difficult time controlling his anger and used profanity. She went on to say the “respondent has become violent with me by pushing me, showing me, grabbing my arm and twisting my wrists.”

Julie also claimed in the divorce documents that her husband had completely cut her off financially.

~ Maya Angelou

I also question the release saying that it's either one or the other car. Kids are too young to drive, so it has to be that both cars are missing; which implies more than one driver, of course.

Also, I note no Amber alert has been issued, which means they suspect the mom is the one who has taken the kids. I suppose it could be a case of "I'm leaving" and then hubby suicides...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

i was thinking suicide too, but in all the articles i've read, LE is saying they're treating it as a homicide. i'd think if it was suicide, they would find evidence to reflect that. to me, it sounds like either Julie had another adult with her, or maybe they had been out last night and drove home in just one car (maybe alcohol played a part in this?) and things escalated when they got home. im so worried about the kids!!
    ~ Maya Angelou

Seems like now day we hear more and more stories about suicides/murders after one of the spouses files for divorce.

Initial reports indicate that Jason was a math teacher at Carlsbad High School.

Suzette Lovely, superintendent of Carlsbad Unified School District, has issued a statement stating that she has received unconfirmed reports that an employee "may have been a victim in the incident."

"We are in close communication with the Carlsbad Police Department concerning a death in the community," said Lovely. "We are awaiting confirmation and further details from officials in law enforcement. As information becomes available, we will be sharing this with our staff and community."

~ Maya Angelou

"10News learned that at around 1 p.m., the Ford SUV was towed out of the neighborhood."

~ Maya Angelou

LE has confirmed that this was the body of Jason Harper.

Julie Harper, 3 Children Missing After Jason Harper Found Dead In Carlsbad Home

~ Maya Angelou

CA - Julie Harper, 39, & her 3 Kids, Carlsbad, 7 Aug 2012

Police Search For Woman, 3 Children After Man Found Dead

Julie Harper, 3 Children Missing After Jason Harper Found Dead In Carlsbad Home

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Police sought a woman and her three children Wednesday after receiving a call about the suspicious death of a 39-year-old man inside the family's home in a gated Carlsbad community.

The death in the 2400 block of Badger Lane east of the Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course was reported at 11:16 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carlsbad police.

No specifics about the death were immediately released but police said they were looking for Julie Harper and her three young children. Police said she was not a suspect, as of 8 a.m., and did not disclose her relationship, if any, to the deceased.

[...]

According to court records in the North County, Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. A court date was scheduled for Sept. 18.

In the documents, Julie Harper stated she was currently a stay-at-home mom and worked occasionally from home. She listed herself as a realtor from 2005 to 2007.

She also stated that her husband was frequently angry, had a difficult time controlling his anger and used profanity. She went on to say the “respondent has become violent with me by pushing me, shoving me, grabbing my arm and twisting my wrists.”

Julie Harper also claimed in the divorce documents that her husband had completely cut her off financially.

Police described Julie Harper as a 39-year-old white female, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Her children were listed as 18-month-old son J*****, 6-year-old daughter J***** and 8-year-old son J***.

Police initially said they were looking for two vehicles -- a 2008 gold Toyota Sienna minivan registered to Julie Harper with California license plate 6DAB157 and a white or silver Ford SUV registered to Jason Harper with a California license plate 6BVF096.

10News learned that at about 1 p.m., the Ford SUV located and towed out of the neighborhood.

more at link:
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    ~ Maya Angelou

According to update, she has been arrested. (same link)

HTH
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

She's been arrested....kids are fine.
    IMO

those poor kids

Woman Arrested In Connection With Carlsbad Death; Kids Safe

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    i usually post in the missing/located forums, so im not too sure exactly where i should post this... but i'm a local to this story, so i'm very curious to see what happens!!

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Police sought a woman and her three children today after receiving a call about the suspicious death of a 30-year-old man inside the family's home in a gated Carlsbad community.

According to court records in North County, a woman by the name of Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. It is unknown at this time if it is the same couple.

The family may be traveling in a 2008 gold Toyota Sienna minivan, with a California license plate 6DAB157, or a silver Ford SUV, with a California license plate 6BVF096, police said.
    Apparently this link was updated because it now says Julie Harper has been arrested on suspicion of homicide. She and her three children were located in Scripps Ranch.
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 08-08-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: corrected the wording, my bad, so sorry.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast