GUILTY CA - Jason Harper, 30, murdered, Carlsbad, 7 Aug 2012 *wife arrested*

mamacita

Reaction score
i usually post in the missing/located forums, so im not too sure exactly where i should post this... but i'm a local to this story, so i'm very curious to see what happens!!

http://www.10news.com/news/31340598/detail.html

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Police sought a woman and her three children today after receiving a call about the suspicious death of a 30-year-old man inside the family's home in a gated Carlsbad community.

The death in the 2400 block of Badger Lane east of the Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course was reported just after 11 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carlsbad police.

No specifics about the death were immediately released but police said they were looking for Julie Harper and her three young children. Police said she was not a suspect, as of 8 a.m., and did not disclose her relationship, if any, to the deceased.

A neighbor told 10News that Jason and Julie Harper live at the home. The identity of the person killed has not yet been confirmed.

According to court records in North County, a woman by the name of Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. It is unknown at this time if it is the same couple.

Police described Harper as white, about 5 feet 3 inches , with brown hair and brown eyes. Her children were listed as 18-month-old son J*****, 6-year-old daughter J***** and 9-year-old son J***. Her age was not immediately released.

The family may be traveling in a 2008 gold Toyota Sienna minivan, with a California license plate 6DAB157, or a silver Ford SUV, with a California license plate 6BVF096, police said.

i'm really curious about both vehicles being listed as she "might" be driving one of them... wouldn't they know which one was missing from the home? unless both cars were missing... makes me think there was more than one adult in the home at the time of the murder.

the news article has been updated:

According to court records in North County, Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. A court date was scheduled for Sept. 18.

In the documents, Julie stated she was currently a stay-at-home mom and worked occasionally from home. She listed herself as a realtor from 2005 to 2007.
She also stated that her husband was frequently angry, had a difficult time controlling his anger and used profanity. She went on to say the “respondent has become violent with me by pushing me, showing me, grabbing my arm and twisting my wrists.”

Julie also claimed in the divorce documents that her husband had completely cut her off financially.

I also question the release saying that it's either one or the other car. Kids are too young to drive, so it has to be that both cars are missing; which implies more than one driver, of course.

Also, I note no Amber alert has been issued, which means they suspect the mom is the one who has taken the kids. I suppose it could be a case of "I'm leaving" and then hubby suicides...

Best-
Herding Cats

i was thinking suicide too, but in all the articles i've read, LE is saying they're treating it as a homicide. i'd think if it was suicide, they would find evidence to reflect that. to me, it sounds like either Julie had another adult with her, or maybe they had been out last night and drove home in just one car (maybe alcohol played a part in this?) and things escalated when they got home. im so worried about the kids!!

Seems like now day we hear more and more stories about suicides/murders after one of the spouses files for divorce.

Initial reports indicate that Jason was a math teacher at Carlsbad High School.

Suzette Lovely, superintendent of Carlsbad Unified School District, has issued a statement stating that she has received unconfirmed reports that an employee "may have been a victim in the incident."

"We are in close communication with the Carlsbad Police Department concerning a death in the community," said Lovely. "We are awaiting confirmation and further details from officials in law enforcement. As information becomes available, we will be sharing this with our staff and community."

Police Search For Woman, 3 Children After Man Found Dead

Julie Harper, 3 Children Missing After Jason Harper Found Dead In Carlsbad Home

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Police sought a woman and her three children Wednesday after receiving a call about the suspicious death of a 39-year-old man inside the family's home in a gated Carlsbad community.

The death in the 2400 block of Badger Lane east of the Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course was reported at 11:16 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carlsbad police.

No specifics about the death were immediately released but police said they were looking for Julie Harper and her three young children. Police said she was not a suspect, as of 8 a.m., and did not disclose her relationship, if any, to the deceased.

[...]

According to court records in the North County, Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. A court date was scheduled for Sept. 18.

In the documents, Julie Harper stated she was currently a stay-at-home mom and worked occasionally from home. She listed herself as a realtor from 2005 to 2007.

She also stated that her husband was frequently angry, had a difficult time controlling his anger and used profanity. She went on to say the “respondent has become violent with me by pushing me, shoving me, grabbing my arm and twisting my wrists.”

Julie Harper also claimed in the divorce documents that her husband had completely cut her off financially.

Police described Julie Harper as a 39-year-old white female, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Her children were listed as 18-month-old son J*****, 6-year-old daughter J***** and 8-year-old son J***.

Police initially said they were looking for two vehicles -- a 2008 gold Toyota Sienna minivan registered to Julie Harper with California license plate 6DAB157 and a white or silver Ford SUV registered to Jason Harper with a California license plate 6BVF096.

10News learned that at about 1 p.m., the Ford SUV located and towed out of the neighborhood.

more at link:

According to update, she has been arrested. (same link)

HTH

i usually post in the missing/located forums, so im not too sure exactly where i should post this... but i'm a local to this story, so i'm very curious to see what happens!!

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Police sought a woman and her three children today after receiving a call about the suspicious death of a 30-year-old man inside the family's home in a gated Carlsbad community.

According to court records in North County, a woman by the name of Julie Harper filed for divorce from Jason Harper on Aug. 2. It is unknown at this time if it is the same couple.

The family may be traveling in a 2008 gold Toyota Sienna minivan, with a California license plate 6DAB157, or a silver Ford SUV, with a California license plate 6BVF096, police said.

Apparently this link was updated because it now says Julie Harper has been arrested on suspicion of homicide. She and her three children were located in Scripps Ranch.

JVM covering this case already! Discussion concerning domestic violence perhaps being the reason wife had to kill husband. Divorce papers she filed better not be the only evidence of her abuse, I'll say that now.

Yes, those poor children ages 8, 6, and 18 mos. The husband was a teacher and his students seem to think very highly of him. IMO, this may turn out to be more about finances than self-defense.

We need to find out if mods can combine these two threads under Jason Harper found Dead. Sounds like wife is under arrest for suspicion of homicide.

as I said on the other thread -

JVM covering this case already! Discussion concerning domestic violence perhaps being the reason wife had to kill husband. Divorce papers she filed better not be the only evidence of her abuse, I'll say that now.

Yes, those poor children ages 8, 6, and 18 mos. The husband was a teacher and his students seem to think very highly of him. IMO, this may turn out to be more about finances than self-defense.

We need to find out if mods can combine these two threads under Jason Harper found Dead. Sounds like wife is under arrest for suspicion of homicide.

as I said on the other thread -

I find it odd she was expecting him to support her during their separation on a teacher's salary? Surely, her income at the time must have been a driving force in order to purchase their home? We looked for homes in that area (I am assuming this is immediately east of the 5 interstate) in the early 2000's and I think they went for $400-$500? How the heck does a teacher and a stay at home mom with 3 kids do that?

I could swear I heard a fast blurb on the news, something about the divorce papers stated $8K in monthly expenses. I must have heard wrong. Does anybody know about that? She filed for the divorce, but I wonder if she thought life was going to stay the same for her and the children. Complaints that he wasn't giving her any money to go on with her life style sounds like entitlement issues more than anything I've heard so far, but JMO.

She was found with the children at her father's house in Scripps Ranch. Sounds like they both had good family members nearby that would've helped. Did this really have to end in a death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back