888 users online (191 members and 697 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NH - Lorinda White, 51, Milford, 5 Aug 2012 - #1

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Pol...y/-/index.html

Police seek help in finding missing woman
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 09-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Police using ATVs, helicopters to continue search for missing Milford woman

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...ue-search.html

Wednesday, August 8, 2012
    By JOSEPH G. COTE
    Staff Writer

Police using ATVs, helicopters to continue search for missing Milford woman

Missing New Hampshire Mother Believed to Have Undiagnosed Medical Condition

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ham...0#.UCPIbKH8t2A

By KEVIN DOLAK (@kdolak)
    Aug. 9, 2012

Police in New Hampshire have ramped up the search for a missing 51-year-old mother who disappeared from her home this weekend and is believed to have an undiagnosed medical condition.

Milford woman, 51, has been missing since Sunday morning

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...ing-since.html

Friday, August 10, 2012
    By KATHY CLEVELAND
    Staff Writer

MILFORD – A rescue dog joined police and volunteers yesterday in the search for Lorinda White, the Milford woman who has not been seen since Sunday morning.

Question Another gone missing

Lorinda White is not the first woman to go missing or to be found dead in their own home in recent NH history. I hope she is found safe.

Asisde from her "suspected" medical condition it is suspicious that she left home barefoot with not ID,phone,$$ or car.

About 6 years ago I worked with folks in Milford, NH. They are a tight nit group of people.

Reading between the lines of the latest article, I think the family suspects dementia, which would explain no shoes and just leaving. Prayers for her return safe and soon.

I am so worried for Lorinda. Her family loves her so much and I pray they are able to locate her soon.

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    Reading between the lines of the latest article, I think the family suspects dementia, which would explain no shoes and just leaving. Prayers for her return safe and soon.
    Her age, at 51, may seem young for dementia but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the diagnosis. Also, simple chemical imbalances can cause mental disorders. I have seen people suffering with UTIs who are completely disoriented, lacking the ability to recognize their own family members, and hallucinating.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtracker View Post
    Lorinda White is not the first woman to go missing or to be found dead in their own home in recent NH history. I hope she is found safe.

Asisde from her "suspected" medical condition it is suspicious that she left home barefoot with not ID,phone,$$ or car.

About 6 years ago I worked with folks in Milford, NH. They are a tight nit group of people.

Welcome to Websleuths, Deathtracker!

Can you give us some links to local news reports about the women missing or dead? I would be interested in reading about them!

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post

That may be so, but when I read the whole article it sounded a bit more complicated than dementia to me. It said that she was normally social and outgoing but had just been acting different "lately".

People who I've known seem to have a much more gradual onset of dementia symptoms, with years passing between the beginning of symptoms and the eventual tendency to wander off or forget to put on shoes before going out on foot.

...an EMT who works for the institute, said Down East was given access to White’s journal, and they found entries that make them believe the missing woman would be going to a mountain or a high hill and is on some kind of quest.
    “It’s been a puzzle,” said Dorman. “There is a lot of (information) that is confusing, but we are hopeful we’ll find her.”
    http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...ing-since.html

The above quote makes me wonder what the heck is going on. I am no expert, but if this is something she wrote about recently, I find it hard to believe that she has dementia severe enough to cause her to wander off like this. Dementia causes fragmented thinking, not a sudden desire to invent a fantasy world in order to pursue a quest! I wonder if they are sure that she wrote it? MOO

She lived with her boyfriend of three years, William Pillsbury. Here is a quote from him:

"Of course, I have hope, I won't stop looking for that girl," he said. "She's all I have in this world."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ham...0#.UCUacaFlTkd

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...school-is.html

A Smith and Heald Funeral Home minivan arrived at the scene shortly before 4:30 p.m. but then left after conferring with an officer at the edge of the roped off scene. A flatbed truck arrived shortly thereafter.
    This article has quite a bit of interesting info. Her boyfriend says he thinks this is her but police say that people are jumping to conclusions, they need autopsy to confirm who it is, won't even confirm male or female.

They sent the funeral home van away because they wanted a flatbed. I'm thinking we might need a discussion thread on this one.

Unhappy untimely

So unfortunate that a body was found at the school playgroung.
    Its not surprising that LE is keeping tight lipped and not even releasring the sex of the body which was found half a mile from Lorinda White's (LW) home.

I wont hedge my bets yet out of respect for the dead.

I'm also very interested in the remarks her partner/boyfriend continues to make. Seems 'almost' like he is injecting himself into every aspect of the case.

I do hope it isnt her. But still another life is lost here.

Body found in woods behind Milford school

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS03/708119943

August 10. 2012 10:29PM
    By NANCY BEAN FOSTER
    Union Leader Correspondent

<snipped>
    But on Friday afternoon, Pillsbury and the family were informed that a body had been found. Though police couldn't positively identify the body, they wanted to ensure that the family wasn't caught off guard by the news.

Pillsbury ended up in the hospital on Friday after receiving word about the body, said a woman who answered his cell phone.

“I think he had a breakdown,” the woman said. “It's all just too much.”

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS03/708119943

Last week, White began acting strangely, her family said. Though she has no history of mental illness, on Saturday, while she and her boyfriend William Pillsbury were preparing to head to a cookout at a friend's house, she got in his pickup truck and drove away. Several hours later, Pillsbury learned that White had ended up at a bed and breakfast in Kittery, Maine — a place they had stayed before — and seemed confused. The owner of the bed and breakfast called Pillsbury after White left and told him of the visit. White returned home at 2 a.m. on Sunday, disappeared briefly in the morning, Pillsbury said, came home, and then later walked away from the house without her shoes, cell phone or other possessions.

Why would you need a flat bed tow truck ...was her body impaled or trapped inside something in the playground? did anyone see the towtruck leave with its "item"?

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast