1119 users online (237 members and 882 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

UT - Jenny Atkinson 31, Brigham City, 17 July 2012

http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_...9bb2963f4.html

Thank you crissianni!

http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_...9bb2963f4.html
    Police seeking information on missing Brigham City woman

Jenny was last seen dropping her child off to play at a family members home.
    She is 5'9" and weighs 220 pounds. She has wavy, ash-blond hair and walks with a limp.

If anyone has seen Atkinson or has information leading to her whereabouts, they can call Det. Chad Panter at 435-734-6678 or the Brigham City Police Department at 435-734-6650.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-14-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Here is a copy of Jenny's flier. I have more info coming soon based on intel from Jenny's friend. I need to verify it with the PD.[ Also, apparently the FB link is NOT working or they are having problems with it... so sending a friend request based on the URL at the bottom of the flier is likely not going to help.

I'm 100% certain this is Jenny's fb pg

http://www.facebook.com/jsparkleNshine4HIM

I found it by searching through this site which is a very useful tool.

TY Knox

http://www.socialmention.com/

She's been missing a long time, hopefully she's at a retreat and is ok

I spoke with a close friend of Jenny who indicated that near the time of her disappearance, the police believed Jenny was with an ex-boyfriend named of Jeremy Gunnell who is also a registered sex offender Utah. This friend also states that Jenny had been driving to the Salt Lake area quite a bit.

I called the PD to see if he was a person of interest or what, and their comment was basically that they were aware of Jeremy Gunnell and his connection to Jenny.

When I looked up Jeremy Gunnell, he is registered as living in Kearns, which is near Salt Lake. This matches up with the claim that Jenny was making fairly frequent trips to the area. Jeremy was released from custody into unsupervised custody in April.

I just want to make it clear that I couldn't verify with the PD that he was a person of interest and I'm not trying to implicate this man, but the fact the PD says they are aware of him and his connection to Jenny suggests it is worth mentioning to ya'll.

The reason I find this so important is this changes the geographic location that Jenny may be located. It extends it far past Box Elder County down into the Salt Lake area.

Is there a missing fb pg for her?

That sounds like a scary situation

I think her family has been having trouble trying to set up a working missing FB page. I'm not FB savvy enough to try and help with that.

What I am trying to figure out is why she is not yet in NamUs. The HJNews article states "Police have entered information about Atkinson into a nationwide database and tagged her vehicle so it can be stopped if it’s seen."

So WHY is she not showing up in NamUs??? How long is that supposed to take?

And if she's not showing up in NamUs, then is her vehicle information showing up in a vehicle database? What happens if her car shows up in Idaho? Is it going to register? Does anyone here know about vehicle tracking?

Quote Originally Posted by crissianni View Post
    I think her family has been having trouble trying to set up a working missing FB page. I'm not FB savvy enough to try and help with that.

What I am trying to figure out is why she is not yet in NamUs. The HJNews article states "Police have entered information about Atkinson into a nationwide database and tagged her vehicle so it can be stopped if itís seen."

So WHY is she not showing up in NamUs??? How long is that supposed to take?

Thank you everyone who is taking interest in this case! All it takes is one person who may have seen her to bring her home safely!! Please post this flyer to ur Facebook profiles and help get the word out!!

I'm sorry I just don't know how long it takes. I'm sure someone will read this soon that can answer your question. I know most of the mods would know for sure.

Does she carry a cell phone? If so they can be pinged. What stance are the Police taking?

Darn good idea. I wish they would release more info. I'll send an email and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Does she carry a cell phone? If so they can be pinged. What stance are the Police taking?

I need to go, please keep us updated. The more info you can post the better. I'm sure more will start posting soon to help. I'll check back in later and alert of few members that may be able to help more.

Quote Originally Posted by crissianni View Post
    Darn good idea. I wish they would release more info. I'll send an email and ask.
    Find out what kind of cell she has if she has one. Well in looking at her FB she had a Blackberry at one point so she is used to smartphones. Generally those can be tracked via GPS

Also, did she pay for her own service or was she on a family members account? If she was on another persons account they usually can access on line her activity.

I am not a NamUs expert or knowledge person, but from my experience, perspective and IMHO...

FYI - Missing persons cases are not automatically entered into NamUs, like they are (or should be) entered into NCIC. Some cases are never entered into NamUs.

I would speak with the police officer or detective in charge and ask specifically for Jenny to be entered into NamUs as well as NCIC.

NCIC is not a public database.

OK I called and left the Det. a message. Apparently Brigham City Police (BCPD) don't have emails.

Information to answer your other two questions is forthcoming, as soon as I can get in touch with a family member or her close friend again.

Thanks for your help! I would totally never have thought about the cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Find out what kind of cell she has if she has one. Well in looking at her FB she had a Blackberry at one point so she is used to smartphones. Generally those can be tracked via GPS

Also, did she pay for her own service or was she on a family members account? If she was on another persons account they usually can access on line her activity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast