679 users online (66 members and 613 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1028
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    116

    IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

    http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/eva...9bb2963f4.html

    http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/e...-missing-girls

    These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers .


    Thread # 1 Thread # 2
    Thread # 3 Thread # 4
    Thread # 5 Thread # 6
    Thread # 7 Thread # 8
    Thread # 9 Thread#10
    Thread #11 Thread #12
    Thread #13


    Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread[/B]


    case map by poster hollye

    NCMEC posters:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added thread #13

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

    Please remember the following when discussing the case:
    Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

    Things to know before you post:
    Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
    Treat other posters with respect.
    Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
    Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
    If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
    If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
    Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

    No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
    The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
    That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

    Please continue here...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    No Amber Alert put out on girls, because there was no vehicle description. MOO

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    612
    Can one of the locals tell me if there is a long distance between places to stop for gas on this highway? I am trying to find out if this exit is the last exit for gas for a while on the road, or if it is the first exit for gas after having driven a good distance on the road.
    I hope that question makes sense.

    Also, what is the most convenient gas station to use if you are exiting the freeway and just looking for a quick place to get fuel?

    Thanks in advance!

    Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    Almost a month and nothing new............?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest, United States
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissContrary View Post
    Can one of the locals tell me if there is a long distance between places to stop for gas on this highway? I am trying to find out if this exit is the last exit for gas for a while on the road, or if it is the first exit for gas after having driven a good distance on the road.
    I hope that question makes sense.

    Also, what is the most convenient gas station to use if you are exiting the freeway and just looking for a quick place to get fuel?

    Thanks in advance!
    Going west on I-380 past Evansdale, you're heading towards Waterloo and Cedar Falls. So there are gas stations not far heading west.

    Going east on I-380 past Evansdale, I don't think so. At least, not before where you can turn south to follow the intereste to Cedar Rapids and eventually I-80 (which is what I do). If you keep going east on US 20, I have no idea how far the next gas station is.

    EDIT: Let me add that Eastern Iowa is relatively well populated. I would imagine it would be hard go more than... twenty miles in a straight line between gas stations.
    There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
    There are known unknowns; there are things we know we don't know.
    There are unknown unknowns; there are things we don't know we don't know.
    And there are unknown knowns; there are things we don't know we know.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NWLA
    Posts
    4,693
    I am hoping that a new thread for Lyric and Elizabeth will be the thread that brings these girls home.

    My DD is Lyric's age and she has been whining all summer about my refusal to allow her a Facebook page.

    My reply is that it's not allowed by FB, and more importantly, not allowed by ME, the meanest mom in the whole wide world.

    I am not saying these girls went missing because of their FB pages. But I saying that being a WSer makes me VEHEMENT about not allowing my 10 yo access to social networking.

    Maybe she will hate me less when she is 35 and has a grade school daughter of her own.

    The sick evil monsters that took these sweet girls are responsible for what they did, but I just want to feather my nest in any way I can, and if that means being a lame parent, I am Team Lame! Happily!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    I hate to admit I'm checking this thread less and less frequently these days. I really thought we would know something more about the girls by now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NWLA
    Posts
    4,693
    Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I hate to admit I'm checking this thread less and less frequently these days. I really thought we would know something more about the girls by now.
    Me too. I have been wrapped up in real life stuff and being a mom and teacher, but I really haven't forgotten.

    Like you, I just hoped there would be something more by now.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,775
    Me too...it is difficult for me to have nothing from LE. I keep checking here, but have nothing to contribute. Seems fully-stalled to me. Surprise me, LE, prove me wrong.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NWLA
    Posts
    4,693
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Me too...it is difficult for me to have nothing from LE. I keep checking here, but have nothing to contribute. Seems fully-stalled to me. Surprise me, LE, prove me wrong.
    What Clu said....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,303
    I'm praying for the girls tonight as always, but won't be posting... tears are flowing here for the Shunick family. R.I.P. beautiful lady. This world hardly deserved your beauty.

    OT -

    Body Confirmed As Mickey Shunick

    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...ck?odyssey=tab

    "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NWLA
    Posts
    4,693
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherOcean View Post
    I'm praying for the girls tonight as always, but won't be posting... tears are flowing here for the Shunick family. R.I.P. beautiful lady. This world hardly deserved your beauty.

    OT -

    Body Confirmed As Mickey Shunick

    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...ck?odyssey=tab

    I suppose there wasn't much doubt that the body was Mickey's. We in LA mourn her and the loss felt by her sweet family.

    RIP Mickey, and may Elizabeth and Lyric have a happier ending.

    (((hugs)))

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,073
    Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post
    I am hoping that a new thread for Lyric and Elizabeth will be the thread that brings these girls home.

    My DD is Lyric's age and she has been whining all summer about my refusal to allow her a Facebook page.

    My reply is that it's not allowed by FB, and more importantly, not allowed by ME, the meanest mom in the whole wide world.

    I am not saying these girls went missing because of their FB pages. But I saying that being a WSer makes me VEHEMENT about not allowing my 10 yo access to social networking.

    Maybe she will hate me less when she is 35 and has a grade school daughter of her own.

    The sick evil monsters that took these sweet girls are responsible for what they did, but I just want to feather my nest in any way I can, and if that means being a lame parent, I am Team Lame! Happily!
    Sorry, but I thought I held that title, LOL. I'd be happy to join you in Team Lame.

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1087
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM
  2. Replies: 1789
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 1055
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
  4. Replies: 1109
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 12:55 AM
  5. Replies: 1229
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 01:02 PM

Tags for this Thread