IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread[/B]

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

No Amber Alert put out on girls, because there was no vehicle description. MOO

Can one of the locals tell me if there is a long distance between places to stop for gas on this highway? I am trying to find out if this exit is the last exit for gas for a while on the road, or if it is the first exit for gas after having driven a good distance on the road.
I hope that question makes sense.

Also, what is the most convenient gas station to use if you are exiting the freeway and just looking for a quick place to get fuel?

Thanks in advance!

Can one of the locals tell me if there is a long distance between places to stop for gas on this highway? I am trying to find out if this exit is the last exit for gas for a while on the road, or if it is the first exit for gas after having driven a good distance on the road.
I hope that question makes sense.

Also, what is the most convenient gas station to use if you are exiting the freeway and just looking for a quick place to get fuel?

Thanks in advance!
Going west on I-380 past Evansdale, you're heading towards Waterloo and Cedar Falls. So there are gas stations not far heading west.

Going east on I-380 past Evansdale, I don't think so. At least, not before where you can turn south to follow the intereste to Cedar Rapids and eventually I-80 (which is what I do). If you keep going east on US 20, I have no idea how far the next gas station is.

EDIT: Let me add that Eastern Iowa is relatively well populated. I would imagine it would be hard go more than... twenty miles in a straight line between gas stations.

I am hoping that a new thread for Lyric and Elizabeth will be the thread that brings these girls home.

My DD is Lyric's age and she has been whining all summer about my refusal to allow her a Facebook page.

My reply is that it's not allowed by FB, and more importantly, not allowed by ME, the meanest mom in the whole wide world.

I am not saying these girls went missing because of their FB pages. But I saying that being a WSer makes me VEHEMENT about not allowing my 10 yo access to social networking.

Maybe she will hate me less when she is 35 and has a grade school daughter of her own.

The sick evil monsters that took these sweet girls are responsible for what they did, but I just want to feather my nest in any way I can, and if that means being a lame parent, I am Team Lame! Happily! :)

I hate to admit I'm checking this thread less and less frequently these days. I really thought we would know something more about the girls by now.

I hate to admit I'm checking this thread less and less frequently these days. I really thought we would know something more about the girls by now.

Me too. I have been wrapped up in real life stuff and being a mom and teacher, but I really haven't forgotten.

Like you, I just hoped there would be something more by now. :(

Me too...it is difficult for me to have nothing from LE. I keep checking here, but have nothing to contribute. Seems fully-stalled to me. Surprise me, LE, prove me wrong.

Me too...it is difficult for me to have nothing from LE. I keep checking here, but have nothing to contribute. Seems fully-stalled to me. Surprise me, LE, prove me wrong.

What Clu said....:(

I'm praying for the girls tonight as always, but won't be posting... tears are flowing here for the Shunick family. R.I.P. beautiful lady. This world hardly deserved your beauty.

OT -

Body Confirmed As Mickey Shunick

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...037/Body-confirmed-Mickey-Shunick?odyssey=tab

:sigh:

I suppose there wasn't much doubt that the body was Mickey's. We in LA mourn her and the loss felt by her sweet family.

RIP Mickey, and may Elizabeth and Lyric have a happier ending.

(((hugs)))

I am hoping that a new thread for Lyric and Elizabeth will be the thread that brings these girls home.

My DD is Lyric's age and she has been whining all summer about my refusal to allow her a Facebook page.

My reply is that it's not allowed by FB, and more importantly, not allowed by ME, the meanest mom in the whole wide world.

I am not saying these girls went missing because of their FB pages. But I saying that being a WSer makes me VEHEMENT about not allowing my 10 yo access to social networking.

Maybe she will hate me less when she is 35 and has a grade school daughter of her own.

The sick evil monsters that took these sweet girls are responsible for what they did, but I just want to feather my nest in any way I can, and if that means being a lame parent, I am Team Lame! Happily! :)

Sorry, but I thought I held that title, LOL. I'd be happy to join you in Team Lame.

Sorry, but I thought I held that title, LOL. I'd be happy to join you in Team Lame.

Awesome! I'll get us some jerseys. What are the Lamest colors you can think of? At least to a tween girl? :)

And I would wear one every day if these two sweet baby girls would come home safe. Or at all. Their family deserves to have them back however fleetingly. :(

Awesome! I'll get us some jerseys. What are the Lamest colors you can think of? At least to a tween girl? :)

And I would wear one every day if these two sweet baby girls would come home safe. Or at all. Their family deserves to have them back however fleetingly. :(

I don't know what color would be the lamest, but I'd think maybe a drab olive green?

I wish with all my heart that these girls will return safe and sound to their families. Failing that, I hope they will be found and put to rest near their loved ones.

I don't know what color would be the lamest, but I'd think maybe a drab olive green?

I wish with all my heart that these girls will return safe and sound to their families. Failing that, I hope they will be found and put to rest near their loved ones.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but Mickey Schunick was officially identified today after almost 3 months and that does give me hope that at least if these little girls are no longer alive, perhaps they can still come home and give their families a sense of closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge