712 users online (84 members and 628 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Condolences for the Shunick Family

Use this thread to continue sharing your thoughts and condolences for Mickey's loved ones.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

To the shunicks,family and friends. Words cannot express they pain you are enduring at this present time. We have all come to know Mickey throughout this time, and have to love the young bright star she was. I know there is nothing we can do to help you through this physical/emotional pain but I and I'm sure others hold out our hands in support of you and Mickey and pray. They say time heals everything, in this case I don't think this is possible but I hope one day you can find the meaning and answers as to why this happened. RIP precious Mickey, your shiny star will stay bright forever.

Im sitting here at 4am in tears thinking of Mickey and Lisa, and so many that are still missing. My heartfelt condolences to their families, friends, and all of the people whose lives they have touched.

Im also angry.. sad and pi**ed off. Registered Sex Offender.. free to walk our streets, drive their dirty white trucks and destroy lives. When will this end? When will they be incarcerated for the rest of their lives instead of being "registered"? How many other lives has he destroyed that are unknown? RIP Mickey and Lisa... you will never be forgotten.
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

"to live in the hearts we Leave behind is not to die"

If Mickey could send a message to her loved ones this would be the one. My husband dedicated this to me and I found it so profound that I want to pass it on in case one day the Family reads this thread:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ytlsHhIQA"]Eagles It's Your World Now - YouTube[/ame]

"It's Your World Now"

A perfect day, the sun is sinkin' low
    As evening falls, the gentle breezes blow
    The time we shared went by so fast
    Just like a dream, we knew it couldn't last
    But I'd do it all again
    If I could, somehow
    But I must be leavin' soon
    It's your world now

It's your world now
    My race is run
    I'm moving on
    Like the setting sun
    No sad goodbyes
    No tears allowed
    You'll be alright
    It's your world now

Even when we are apart
    You'll always be in my heart
    When dark clouds appear in the sky
    Remember true love never dies

But first a kiss, one glass of wine
    Just one more dance while there's still time
    My one last wish: someday, you'll see
    How hard I tried and how much you meant to me

It's your world now
    Use well the time
    Be part of something good
    Leave something good behind
    The curtain falls
    I take my bow
    That's how it's meant to be
    It's your world now
    It's your world now
    It's your world now

My deepest sympathy to all of you who have loved Mickey her whole life. Many of us came to love your daughter, your sister, your friend as our own. Mickey has truly touched my heart and although I don't in anyway pretend to know how you are hurting, I grieve along with you. I pray for you all. I pray that you may somehow be able to heal. I know words mean very little at a time like this from strangers but maybe someday it will bring you comfort to know how much Mickey has touched so many lives who will not forget her beautiful light as we have felt it even not knowing her. Peace be with you all and may justice come swiftly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQfFiuJ7FwQ&feature=related"]Hammock - I Can Almost See You - YouTube[/ame]
    "My own eyes are not enough for me, I will see through the eyes of others." ~C.S. Lewis

I have no words!
    just this...
    ~ my opinion only

My deepest sympathies to the Shunick family and friends. I have followed this story since the beginning, and continue to be amazed at the amount of support and general caring that the community has shown. I have never visited LA before, but I can now say that southern LA will be next destination. I am so intrigued by everything i have learned about the area and the people that I want to experience it firsthand. And maybe be able to pay my respects to Mickey in person. RIP Mickey

My deepest sympathy goes out to family and friends of Mickey Shunick. I first heard about Mickeys disappearance Saturday May 19th while eating at a restaraunt on Bertrand drive. As the days and weeks followed I was priviledged to meet Tim Miller with Equusearch, Christina who is a local that assisted Tim and many other beautiful people that volunteered at the FMSN center. As I told many of these people, i do not know Mickey or her family - but i do know that she must be an incredible young lady. I was often in awe of the calmness, strength and sincere kindness those who were close to her showed during such a horrific time. I continue to pray for Mickey and her family and I pray for those of us that were not priviledged to know her. I pray that we may continue on with the same strength, calmness and most importantly the kindness towards others that surrounds Mickey, her family and her friends. RIP Mickey

Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.

This may be a little OT, but I had a dream last night. It seems I was standing in a park or an open space somewhere and there was a bicycle up on a concrete pedastal. I was with other people and standing in a line as we walked by the bicycle. If there is going to be a memorial in a park or bike path, wouldn't it be nice if Mickey's bike was repaired and displayed somewhere in it? Don't know how much it would cost, but I would kick in a few dollars for it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIydUt07wWw&feature=fvwrel"]Brian Doerksen - Light The Fire Again (lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

The Prayer of St Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
    to be understood as to understand;
    to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
    it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
    and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I"]Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) - Chris Tomlin (with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

She courageously sacrificed her precious life, so that others may live..
    RIP Mickey Schunick

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEimF6KwoM"]Amazing Grace History Amazing Grace By Wintley Phipps - YouTube[/ame]

'If the Mountain was smooth, the'd be no use in climbing it'.
    Last edited by Foxfire; 08-10-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast