New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
A new article discusses the crime scene investigation.
The Advertiser
12:54 A.M., August 10, 2012

by Amanda McElfresh

"There's a painstaking attention to details," said Scott Mire, an associate professor in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's Department of Criminal Justice. "It just moves slow, because you process every single thing. In the end, the goal is to link this body to the suspect."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...-from-ID-cause-death-suspect?odyssey=nav|head

Includes information about the FACES lab.

Use this thread for discussion, especially of any new developments in the case.

Has anything new come out since the confirmation it was Mickey? I couldn't find the thread we had been posting on so I'm not sure. TIA

Nevermind. I see that the thread name had simply been changed with this most recent change.

Bessie,
Thank you for moderating, map making, researching, educating newbies over and over, answering questions and guiding us.
You must have super powers to do all of that and be here at 3am and 3 pm!

The cause of death may not be released until the trial (if there still is one)?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Bessie,
Thank you for moderating, map making, researching, educating newbies over and over, answering questions and guiding us.
You must have super powers to do all of that and be here at 3am and 3 pm!

I have always wondered if this lady ever gets to sleep! Bessie deserves a spa day.

My guess is that she died through asphyxiation.

That was the cause of death for Lisa Pate.
And his ex-wife made a statement that he tried smothering her.

It's a common thing among sex offenders who kill, and Brandon seems to have "preferred" that method.

Poor Mickey...

I also thought if Brandon admitted to killing Mickey (And leading LE to her body) they wouldn't really NEED to look for DNA, because he admitted to it.

What am I missing?

I also thought if Brandon admitted to killing Mickey (And leading LE to her body) they wouldn't really NEED to look for DNA, because he admitted to it.

What am I missing?

I am in agreement.... if he took them to her body.. that is admission of guilt???? Right??? otherwise, how would he know where she was buried????

Sorry for OT-

Aah, I just caught myself intently watching hln's coverage of the Louisiana sinkhole as I would if I had family in the area. You people have touched me. :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

An admission/confession is but one type of evidence that can be used to prove guilt. On the off chance there is no plea agreement and this case eventually goes to trial, admissions/confessions can and are attacked by defense attorneys for various reasons to either exclude them at trial or to explain them away. So yes, LE and the DA need to continue dotting the i's and crossing the t's until everything is officially wrapped up.

An admission/confession is but one type of evidence that can be used to prove guilt. On the off chance there is no plea agreement and this case eventually goes to trial, admissions/confessions can and are attacked by defense attorneys for various reasons to either exclude them at trial or to explain them away. So yes, LE and the DA need to continue dotting the i's and crossing the t's until everything is officially wrapped up.

Yes and we dont know know what BL told LE. He may have said it was an accident and panic on his part. We know different but who knows what he has said. He needs to be charged to the fullest with anything and everything he is guilty of.

A video of Mickey being cute
:/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q35vfpy80Rk"]Mickey Shunick: Being so Cutesy - YouTube[/ame]

The Find Mickey Shunick Now page (on facebook) has posted a Shunick Family Statement. I continue to be amazed by their strength and grace.

While in my car on two occasions today, I heard music appropriate to what many of us feel about the current events. "I want to see you burn" and "Bad Company". That was heard on Lafayette's Rock station 93.7. Not hard to imagine what the DJ's are thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!