627 users online (68 members and 559 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Beaumont, WhtMale UP3575, 17-25, possible hit & run victim, Sep'98

At the time he was found, his body was decomposed, making it difficult for police to detect fingerprints. He was shirtless, but was wearing two pairs of pants - khakis with denim shorts underneath.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...#ixzz23DgKmsmg

(There is an interesting story about a camera found on the victim at the time. A woman stepped forward this year to state the pictures were of her family and that the camera had been stolen in 1994).
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-18-2013 at 02:34 AM.

the UID is in Namus, black hair and brown eyes. not sure how decomposed he could have been if they were able to obtain an eye color.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3575

Thanks webrocket! In a perfect world, I would have hunted for the number. I plead exhaustion. I was catching up on some old notes I have because I couldn't sleep last night. I'll add the NamUS case number to the subject line.

Who would remember that a disposable camera was stolen? I mean I get recognizing your relatives, but... weird

And for it to be stolen and then surface 4 years later on a dead guy. Who hangs on to a disposable camera for 4 years?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
    Who would remember that a disposable camera was stolen? I mean I get recognizing your relatives, but... weird

And for it to be stolen and then surface 4 years later on a dead guy. Who hangs on to a disposable camera for 4 years?
    "Lucky I'm alive after all I been through...life's been good to me so far..."

I re-read the part of the story about the camera and it is strange. the woman may have had other things stolen from her car in 1994 and filed a police report or insurance claim so that's how she might have connected the camera to the theft.

I don't know what value the camera would have to him. it costs money to get pics developed and if they depict others then why bother?

And to carry it around for 4 years? Just doesn't make good sense to me. Like he had it ON him. Beyond weird. Even to have your OWN disposable camera on you for 4 years is weird. But someone else's? Doesn't add up.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

I ran a screen on this John Doe, and came up with Christopher Todd Armstrong as a reasonable possible.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12807/0
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/armstrong_christopher.html

Missing Since
    : March 7, 1998 (6 months before discovery)
    Loc LKA: Magnolia, Columbia County, Arkansas (about 270 miles from Beaumont TX by way of a reasonably direct route)
    Height: 63" (One inch off the 62" height estimate)
    Weight: 130 lbs. (18 lbs off the 112 lb weight estimate)
    Hair Color: Brown (UID's hair is described as "black", but his hair appears very dark in photo)
    Eye Color: Brown (Matches UID)
    Race: White (Matches UID)
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo left arm - unknown description. (Unsure whether level of decomp prevents comparison)

Here's the John Doe's UP casefile again:

NamUs UP 3575 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3575

What about Hugh Martin Nolan? He had disapeared in 1994 and was going through a rough patch in his life. Maybe he somehow ended up in Texas to find jobs?
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/914dmca.html

I wish that they had sais where the woman had thought it was stolen, it could of been useful info especially if it was in a diff state. The only reason I would think that the John Doe would carry it around was because after he looted it he maybe forgot about it and or just placed it in a drawer or something and found it. He may had either saw that there was more pictures that could be taken or had thought it was his own camera and wanted the film printed for himself out of curiosity. I know that my Gma would buy us those cameras and we'd just toss them in drawers and forget about them instead of getting the films done until years later.

TX - Beaumont, WhtMale UP3575, 17-25, possible hit & run victim, Sep'98

Wow. My hometown and I've never heard of this case. We are right in the border of LA, so he could have come from there...maybe to work in the refineries. Or to attend the local college, Lamar University. They have an excellent engineering and deaf Ed program.

Skeptical of that woman's story.
    ...one of them is that if we are not beautiful to each other, we cannot know beauty in any form. Dorothy Allison

I too think it's strange that she would remember a disposable camera... And it's not even mentioned on his NamUs?

Kind of sad that there's an "extremely low" probability of identifying him. No dental, no DNA, no fingerprints, no recon, no postmortems. Nothing. Where did his body go? If they kept it (didnt cremate) why can't they make a reconstruction, or get DNA/dental from him? It couldn't hurt...