TX TX - Beaumont, Hwy 69, WhtMale 17-25, UP3575, clothes, "Wrangler" watch, Sep'98

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
At the time he was found, his body was decomposed, making it difficult for police to detect fingerprints. He was shirtless, but was wearing two pairs of pants - khakis with denim shorts underneath.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...dinal-Drive-in-1998-3667943.php#ixzz23DgKmsmg

(There is an interesting story about a camera found on the victim at the time. A woman stepped forward this year to state the pictures were of her family and that the camera had been stolen in 1994).

Thanks webrocket! In a perfect world, I would have hunted for the number. I plead exhaustion. I was catching up on some old notes I have because I couldn't sleep last night. I'll add the NamUS case number to the subject line.

:tyou:

Who would remember that a disposable camera was stolen? I mean I get recognizing your relatives, but... weird

And for it to be stolen and then surface 4 years later on a dead guy. Who hangs on to a disposable camera for 4 years?

Who would remember that a disposable camera was stolen? I mean I get recognizing your relatives, but... weird

And for it to be stolen and then surface 4 years later on a dead guy. Who hangs on to a disposable camera for 4 years?

"Lucky I'm alive after all I been through...life's been good to me so far..."

I re-read the part of the story about the camera and it is strange. the woman may have had other things stolen from her car in 1994 and filed a police report or insurance claim so that's how she might have connected the camera to the theft.

I don't know what value the camera would have to him. it costs money to get pics developed and if they depict others then why bother?

And to carry it around for 4 years? Just doesn't make good sense to me. Like he had it ON him. Beyond weird. Even to have your OWN disposable camera on you for 4 years is weird. But someone else's? Doesn't add up.

I ran a screen on this John Doe, and came up with Christopher Todd Armstrong as a reasonable possible.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12807/0
http://www.nampn.org/cases/armstrong_christopher.html

6a8e025b-c80f-4de8-bfc7-b10ba3f2f80f.jpg

Missing Since
: March 7, 1998 (6 months before discovery)
Loc LKA: Magnolia, Columbia County, Arkansas (about 270 miles from Beaumont TX by way of a reasonably direct route)
Height: 63" (One inch off the 62" height estimate)
Weight: 130 lbs. (18 lbs off the 112 lb weight estimate)
Hair Color: Brown (UID's hair is described as "black", but his hair appears very dark in photo)
Eye Color: Brown (Matches UID)
Race: White (Matches UID)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo left arm - unknown description. (Unsure whether level of decomp prevents comparison)

Here's the John Doe's UP casefile again:

NamUs UP 3575 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3575

What about Hugh Martin Nolan? He had disapeared in 1994 and was going through a rough patch in his life. Maybe he somehow ended up in Texas to find jobs?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/914dmca.html

I wish that they had sais where the woman had thought it was stolen, it could of been useful info especially if it was in a diff state. The only reason I would think that the John Doe would carry it around was because after he looted it he maybe forgot about it and or just placed it in a drawer or something and found it. He may had either saw that there was more pictures that could be taken or had thought it was his own camera and wanted the film printed for himself out of curiosity. I know that my Gma would buy us those cameras and we'd just toss them in drawers and forget about them instead of getting the films done until years later.

Wow. My hometown and I've never heard of this case. We are right in the border of LA, so he could have come from there...maybe to work in the refineries. Or to attend the local college, Lamar University. They have an excellent engineering and deaf Ed program.

Skeptical of that woman's story.

I too think it's strange that she would remember a disposable camera... And it's not even mentioned on his NamUs?

Kind of sad that there's an "extremely low" probability of identifying him. No dental, no DNA, no fingerprints, no recon, no postmortems. Nothing. Where did his body go? If they kept it (didnt cremate) why can't they make a reconstruction, or get DNA/dental from him? It couldn't hurt...

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP3575
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: September 28, 1998
Location Found: Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40; 17-25
Estimated Year of Death: 1998
Estimated Height: 5 feet 2 inches
Estimated Weight: 112 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Small build
Clothing: Tan pants over blue shorts, white "Nike" tennis shoes, tan and black ski-type jacket
Jewelry/Accessories: “Wrangler” brand watch, gold horse pin, gold eagle broach/pin, cigarette lighter, holder, or case, gold bracelet with pendants

Circumstances of Recovery:
Found in grassy median of Highway 69 in Beaumont, TX.

Nameless man from Beaumont one of 9 unidentified bodies in Texas
Could someone transcribe this article? It's paywalled

Nameless man from Beaumont one of 9 unidentified bodies in Texas​

Jessica Lipscomb
Feb. 23, 2012
---
5D8EBB99-01B8-4C38-A3EA-E82FC2BDE17C.jpeg
8736ECFC-9472-468C-A008-6F3ADE85FF8A.jpeg
829CD472-9A96-4640-A0B7-0F86EC3A445D.jpeg8734975D-42A3-48E8-B2BA-5247E9FDD167.jpeg
2598199A-19C1-4C53-9E34-6F83F229A90F.jpeg
A man in his late teens/early 20s was found on a grassy median in Beaumont after a hit-and-run in 1998. He was never identified. A disposable camera was found on him and some were developed.
Courtesy/Beaumont Crime Stoppers
----
In September of 1998, a nameless man died beneath tall blades of grass in a median on Cardinal Drive.

By the time officers found him, the body was too decomposed to detect fingerprints. Police theorized that he had been the victim of a hit-and-run crash.

The man was shirtless, though he wore two pairs of pants - khakis with denim shorts underneath. A disposable camera was in one of the pockets.

Detectives later developed the film, finding only two photos with people in them. In the first, three teens and a middle-aged woman sit smiling on a slip-covered sofa. In the other, a man with a mustache poses with a Christmas gift, a sampler trio of whiskey.

It was not until Tuesday, after the woman recognized herself and her family in the photo attached to the CrimeStoppers pressrelease handed out earlier in the day, that anyone had contacted police about the case.

When given details about the dead man, however, nothing about him seemed immediately familiar to her, officer Carol Riley said. The woman, who has not been identified, said the camera might have been taken from her car when it was burglarized in 1994.

On Wednesday, detectives were waiting to hear back from her. She had told the officers she would ask her family in Florida if they knew anything.

The unidentified man is one of at least nine other men and women whose bodies remain unidentified, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back