1059 users online (232 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Aron Silverman, 17, Norfolk, 5 June 1993

http://doenetwork.org/cases/516dmva.html

What do you think of this fellow? Has he been suggested?

Last seen in VA in 1993. So, 2 years before Jason was found, but the same state.

5'10" 130lbs, so a bit bigger than the estimations, which is neither unheard of nor inconceivable given the 2 year gap since DLC.

Would have been 19 at the time.

Says on his page he was a drug addict and was known to disappear for long periods of time. Having lived with a mother like this, I can totally picture her being gone for 2 years and living a life that no one knew about and no one heard from her.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-28-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

hmm, he's on the exclusions list on NamUs.

Wonder on what grounds they ruled him out.

Particularly as I had understood him to have red hair, but they are now calling it "brown or dark blonde" and the new reconstruction of him has blonde.

The blue vs. brown eyes are a problem, though.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

I've raised his name a time or two, but he's been ruled out. There is an old newspaper article in which Aron's father said something to the effect that he wouldn't be surprised if Aron ran off to follow the Grateful Dead.

I posted about Aron on Jan. 12, 2006 (post #102). The same day, Paradise responded that Silverman had already been ruled out by doenetwork.

I figured someone else had suggested him. Other than the eye color, it seems like an obvious match. Maybe they should revisit that 'ruled out' list. Not even necessarily for this guy, but just in general. That new reconstruction is so different from the previous ones that it just makes me wonder on what grounds all those guys were ruled out.

Just to correct my earlier post, it was actually Aron's mother who commented that she wouldn't be surprised if he had run off to follow the Grateful Dead.
    I believe someone added some information to the effect that the circumstances of Aron's disappearance indicated a likelihood of either drowning or foul play. I don't remember the details.
    To me, Aron Silverman and Philip Koss have both seemed like good candidates.

VA - Aron Holmes Silverman, 17, Norfolk, 5 July 1993

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...rman_aron.html

http://www.nampn.org/cases/silverman_aron.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/1787

http://doenetwork.org/cases/516dmva.html

Date Of Birth: March 19, 1976
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 130 lbs
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes.
    Marks, Scars: He has many brown moles on his body.
    Clothing/Jewelry: White t-shirt and faded jeans. Black Converse tennis shoes. A coral necklace

Circumstances of Disappearance:
    Aron was last seen leaving a party with a female companion, and has not been seen since. At the time, Aron did not get along well with his parents and used drugs. He wasn't reported missing until a couple of weeks after he was last seen.
    He didn't take anything with him. No jeans, no underwear, no toothbrush. Not his beloved guitar, nor his favorite fishing rod. He didn't tell anyone he was leaving. His friends last saw him in late June 1993.

Aron was last seen wearing a coral necklace that was given to him from a girl who was a freelance go-go dancer. He had told her that he and his friend had a boat, and he was wanting to take her out on it. Aron and the girl left the party together.

When Aron didn't show up at home the next day, everyone figured he'd spent the night with the girl or crashed with friends. It wasn't unusual for him to be gone for days at a time. When he hadn't returned in more than a week his father reported Aron missing to the Norfolk police. Since there was no evidence of foul play, he was listed as a runaway.

Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of Aron's disappearance.

Personally I think that go-go girl holds the key to what happened to this young man. Sadly they never identified her.

awww, what a cute kid, he looks like the type of guy I totally would have had a crush on as a teenager. im thinking maybe he did drugs with the go go dancer and accidently overdosed perhaps?

Yeah, what a handsome young man he was. I would have had a crush on Aron too, for sure.

It's strange they never identified that girl. I think he's deceased sadly. If not in the night of his disappearance, maybe in the days after..

I think that there is a good chance that he might be hidden but it also seems likely that he might have tried to run away at first and it might have turned into other things. I wonder if he had a history of getting drunk and using drugs if he seriously hurt himself when he was under the influence of something. Either way, this seems very odd.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast