1016 users online (238 members and 778 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Emma, 4, & Richard Rosovich, 17 mos, shot to death by mom, 11 Aug 2012

Tucson police: Mother kills 2 children, then shoots herself

Perla Morales, 25, survived the shooting. She was arrested and booked into the
    Pima County Jail on two counts of first-degree murder after her release from the hospital.

To much of this going on lately everywhere....
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    it's not even shocking (to me) anymore ... which is sad of course

What is wrong with people ??? There is a thing called adoption,some of these psycho parents never consider that.

Those who are "psycho" have absolutely no awareness that they are. If there is mental illness here, she is not to blame though the loss of precious life was the cost.

I will not make a judgement until the pros do what they must regarding this mother.

Beyond tragic....
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    American Expat living in England
    FWIW: There is often mental illness involved when a mother kills her children. Some research shows up to 70% of maternal perpetrators suffer from depression. Far fewer filicides can be clinically labeled as 'psychotic' though.

I wish there was more awareness about these crimes because very often there are clear warning signs prevalent before the murders.

Rest in peace little angels.

From October 2014:

After three days of emotional testimony in front of heartbroken family members, Perla Caroline Morales was sentenced Thursday to 40 years in prison and probation for life for killing her two children in 2012.

Although the court appreciates Morales’ difficulties in life and her faltering mental health, it could not conclude that the killing of the two children were the result of a psychotic episode, Pima County Superior Court Judge Jane Eikleberry said at the sentencing hearing...

She pleaded guilty to second degree murder earlier this year.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 08-07-2015 at 01:35 AM.

High on Hummingbird Hill
    I want to thank you OkieGranny for providing these updates. They are very much appreciated.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.