1208 users online (259 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AL - Michiri Dabney, 5, Anniston, 12 Aug 2012

The Anniston Police Department is passing around this photo on Facebook of Michiri Dabney, age 5, who was abducted around 5:15pm Sunday evening by a black male in a white van with a black stripe. Michiri was playing outside with an 8 year old.

Michiri is approx. 3 feet tall and 60lbs.

More at link:

http://www.abc3340.com/story/1925935...ted-5-year-old

I saw the Alert on tv for this earlier. So Scary! Praying he is found safe.

An Amber Alert has been issued.

This article states that the other child is Michiri's cousin, and that the man drove up while they were playing in the yard, jumped out, grabbed Michiri, and took off. The child ran to report the incident to Michiri's mother, who was inside, and she notified police.

http://annistonstar.com/bookmark/197...ton-5-year-old

OH NO. He is only 5. What a cutie. This does not sound good at all.

"Dabney was playing with his cousin in a yard near his home in the 2000 block of Duncan Avenue in West Anniston around 5:15 p.m. Sunday, Forsythe said. Around that time, a full-sized white van with a black stripe pulled up to the yard. The driver got out of the van, grabbed Dabney, put him in the vehicle and drove off, the lieutenant said. Dabney's cousin, age nine, witnessed the abduction and reported it to Dabney's mother who, in turn, alerted police. "
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Oh my god how scary
    Evil don't look like anything...

Isn't he adorable???? I pray he is located soon.

I tried to access the Amber Alert, and it said it was cancelled. However, I have not found an updated article that would identify a reason why.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...&amberId=10729

Here's the Amber Alert:

"Michiri was wearing a yellow shirt with gray short sleeves with a bicycle on the front, khaki shorts with yellow and gray sandals. Michiri Zaquae Dabney was abducted by an unknown black male, 30 to 50 years of age, short balding hair, wearing dark blue polo shirt, black cargo pants dark colored boots possible tattoo on right arm. He may be traveling in a white van with a black stripe down the side."

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    Isn't he adorable???? I pray he is located soon.

I tried to access the Amber Alert, and it said it was cancelled. However, I have not found an updated article that would identify a reason why.
    Why would it be cancelled? They have a car description. And if the cousin saw him last, then I have very little suspicion that the 8 yr old cousin was the perp. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Why would it be cancelled? They have a car description. And if the cousin saw him last, then I have very little suspicion that the 8 yr old cousin was the perp. I don't get it.
    I found it. Must have been an error in the link or something.

I'm sure it sounds desperate, but I'm actually going to go onto Google Maps and look all around that neighborhood to see if I see any white vans w/black stripe parked at a home in the area. Maybe this is one case where we can actually do something that makes a difference.

If any of you want to look, start out at 2000 Duncan Avenue, Anniston, AL. There's a row of houses across the road...in fact, there's a car parked at one that looks an awful lot like the one little Michiri is standing next to in the photo.

Maybe we can find a house this van parks at and LE can trace the perp that way. Here's hoping against all odds!!!

Is there a custody battle or anything that we don't know about?

It seems to be pretty rare to hear about a black perp grabbing a little male black child off the street in broad daylight/ I am sure it has happened but not that I can recall.

There was the ATL killer, a black man who killed young boys. But he groomed and lured them, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt B View Post
    I'm sure it sounds desperate, but I'm actually going to go onto Google Maps and look all around that neighborhood to see if I see any white vans w/black stripe parked at a home in the area. Maybe this is one case where we can actually do something that makes a difference.

If any of you want to look, start out at 2000 Duncan Avenue, Anniston, AL. There's a row of houses across the road...in fact, there's a car parked at one that looks an awful lot like the one little Michiri is standing next to in the photo.

Maybe we can find a house this van parks at and LE can trace the perp that way. Here's hoping against all odds!!!

I've been looking through all the sex offenders located in his area. Most of them have vehicle information listed, and so far, I haven't found a van at all, much less a white one. I'm gonna keep looking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Is there a custody battle or anything that we don't know about?

It seems to be pretty rare to hear about a black perp grabbing a little male black child off the street in broad daylight/ I am sure it has happened but not that I can recall.

There was the ATL killer, a black man who killed young boys. But he groomed and lured them, IIRC.
    I wondered about that, too... but I hope LE would allude to that? One of the articles I read said that there seem to be no apparent connection. I'll try to find it again.

I'm glad someone posted this, i came her to post it but thanks that some one else already has... this is what our local news is reporting http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...52000925235293 and the amber alert is not cancelled. I have tried spreading the word on my facebook page but its sad its like when you post something like this no one replies, or reposts. I wish more people care. I mean we live 30 minutes from here, people on my frieds list could drive right past them and never think nothing of it cause they didnt take the time or care enough to even look!!! UGGGGG PRAYiNG SO HARD for this one, I mean what does someone want with a 5 year old besides something bad.........
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast