TX - LEO officer & bystander dead, 4 injured in College Station shootout, 13 Aug 2012

OMG, my niece is there, just saw on FB she is okay, at least...

One person in custody, but not sure if they acted alone. Multiple people injured, civilians and LE...

Cluciano I'm glad your niece is okay!

Why isn't this being covered more extensively on the news???? I can barely find it mentioned anywhere!

2 officers shot near Texas A&M campus

Police are investigating a shooting involving law enforcement near the Texas A&M University campus in College Station and students are being advised to avoid the area.

The shooter was taken into custody before 1 p.m.

The Eagle newspaper is reporting that its police scanner picked up dispatchers saying two officers were wounded and that one of them was a constable. The chatter suggested that the suspect, a man, was barricaded inside a house.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...rs-shot-near-Texas-A-amp-M-campus-3784724.php

Why isn't this being covered more extensively on the news???? I can barely find it mentioned anywhere!

It's strange, especially since we've had two horrible mass shootings over the past few weeks. I have CNN on the tv and they are updating, but it's not non-stop coverage like the other ones :waitasec:

WFAA TV ‏@wfaachannel8

JUST IN: A source with the Brazos County Constable tells News 8 officers were serving an eviction notice when shots were fired #tamushooting

Praying for those LE officers.

From the initial reports, I assumed this was a mass shooting on the campus of Texas A&M.

I'm glad that was not the case.

ETA: Well maybe I spoke too soon.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...lties-as-gunman-opens-fire-near-texas-am?lite

Updated at 2:59 p.m. ET: "Multiple" people, including an undetermined number of police officers, were shot when a gunman opened fire Monday near the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, police and university officials said.

FOX News Radio ‏@foxnewsradio

AP reporting that police confirm the shooting near Texas A&M University injured 2 police officers & 1 civilian, shooter is in custody.

I was afraid that it was going to be an on-campus shooting too. Glad to know that at least it wasn't.

I'm holding my judgment of the shooter. If it turns out that this was some guy that didn't want to get evicted because he didn't want the cops to find that he had a major meth-cooking or pot-growing operation in his back bedroom, then yes, I think he should fry, but if this is someone that was trying to commit suicide by cop rather than lose his home for whatever reason, then I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for everyone.

2211 Fidelity
Shots fired from home after LE responded to a shots fired called.
Engaged the gunman, shot the gunman, took him into custody.

Several officers began CPR on constable. He was transported to hosp.

Cosntable Brian Baukman (SP) deceased. Family has been notified.

LEO Shot in leg, treatment at local hosp.

2 civilians
female in surgery at local hosp
male deceased.

http://www.kbtx.com/livestream

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members