WARNING issued to Penn State

songline

Reaction score
MODS if this needs to be moved please do..
Accreditation warning issued to Penn State Commission cites Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, NCAA penalties

The commission said in an Aug. 8 notice that Penn State remains accredited while "on warning" but it wants a monitoring report submitted by the end of next month detailing steps taken to ensure full compliance with governmental requirements, that the university's mission is being carried out, that the commission will be fully informed and that Penn State is complying with standards on leadership and governance as well as integrity.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48655774/ns/us_news-life/

Tiime for some new standards.

Thanks for posting this thread Songline, I just heard it on the news and came here immediately.

PSU is under the microscope by yet another agency/organization/committee. Perhaps this will be be a wakeup call to the ones in denial and protesting the NCAA sanctions.

I DO think the students are receiving a quality education, tho. The faculty/staff at PSU had nothing to do with this cover-up. It was a handful of men in the administration covering up and the BOTs not being 'on the ball' in their duties. moo

wm

I never thought it would come to accreditation. Penn State needs a clean house.

Do we ever think this will link up with the mysterious Gricar case - in a demonstrable way, I mean?

Thanks for posting this thread Songline, I just heard it on the news and came here immediately.

PSU is under the microscope by yet another agency/organization/committee. Perhaps this will be be a wakeup call to the ones in denial and protesting the NCAA sanctions.

I DO think the students are receiving a quality education, tho. The faculty/staff at PSU had nothing to do with this cover-up. It was a handful of men in the administration covering up and the BOTs not being 'on the ball' in their duties. moo

wm

The minute I heard this case I saw steam coming out of my ears.
Anyone harming a child IMO deserves to be abandoned from the human race and thrown into a cell.
Anyone who cover this up for personal gain - deserves the same.
The level of education these boys who were harmed will never add up to the level of damage.

To me it does not matter that they can teach...It matters that they never have the clout, or contributions they had.
LET another school be glorified for their team and their education.
PENN can drop d___. :furious: May they never see another grant... May a school spring up to take over educating and creating teams.
And may Penn forever be on the books as a danger to your children.

Let them clean it up but let them lose too. IMO once you hurt a child - I never vote for their return to any fame.

I came to WS during the Anna Nicolle case. I came because of a child, I had no clue who Anna was.
I will 4 ever pull for the children.
In- fact some cases on WS are so bad I can’t even participate. And most often I am only on 2-3 cases at best. Because It huts my heart too much.
IMO – let Penn fall hard.

Penn generally refers to the University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League school founded by Benjamin Franklin and located in Philadelphia. It is a privately funded school.

The Pennsylvania State University is usually referred to as Penn State. It is considered to be a "public Ivy" and is the "flagship university" of the Pennsylvania higher education system. It is located in State College, PA and receives funds from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

I am fairly certain Penn Alumni would not like the confusion between the two, even in the best of times. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back