Rodent found inside Christmas turkey

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Valorie J. Macy remembers the exact moment on Christmas morning when she thought seriously about becoming a vegetarian.

She was at the kitchen sink, preparing to stuff the turkey, when she said she discovered an unexpected surprise in the bird's cavity.

"I wanted it to be the little giblet bag but it was definitely a frozen mouse or rat," she said last week.

Macy of 128 School St. had just removed the neck and giblets and was giving the bird a second rinse when a furry little rat or mouse plopped out into the sink.

"I looked away and looked back, hoping it would be gone," she said. "I wanted it to be some kind of hallucination." Macy said the black, big-eared rodent was about 6 or 7 inches long including tail, with a body of 3 to 4 inches.

Her 23-year-old son, Christopher, had brought the frozen, approximately 12-pound turkey home days earlier. It was given to him as a Christmas gift from his employer, whom Macy declined to name.

http://www.masslive.com/chicopeeholyoke/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-8/110482876441930.xml

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back