GUILTY NY - Gabriel Philby-Zetzsche, 22, disabled, murdered, Westerlo, 26 July 2012

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
Archive

Return to Search Results | New search

COPS: MOTHER KILLED SON WITH KNIFE, HAMMER

"This was an extremely violent attack," sheriff says about scene in Westerlo

DENNIS YUSKO AND BRYAN FITZGERALD
Section: Main, Page: A1

Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2012

According to Nancy Grace, Tracey may have stayed with the body of her son for 5 days. She hid the knives which shows some thought and planning.
So sad.....

Sorry, can't get the link to work....

Watch video of Sheriff Craig Apple discussing the case at http://timesunion.com.

http://albarchive.merlinone.net/mweb/

My son is 24. I cannot imagine killing him with a hammer or a knife, obviously. But more to the point, HOW could she have managed it? I mean, imo, my son would be able to defend himself if we struggled in hand to hand combat. Was he possibly sleeping when she stabbed him?

I did find the video at the TimesUnion link, the list of videos on the R, Westboro murder...

It was said the mother and son recently moved from Long Island to be near relatives, the son said to have cerebal palsy and light seizures but not confirmed, he and mother known to be close and the mother has not been forthcoming but they have a lot of evidence on her.

http://www.timesunion.com/videos/

My son is 24. I cannot imagine killing him with a hammer or a knife, obviously. But more to the point, HOW could she have managed it? I mean, imo, my son would be able to defend himself if we struggled in hand to hand combat. Was he possibly sleeping when she stabbed him?

Seems that's what happened, katydid23...from EXIA15145's link above:

The investigation also revealed Zetzsche had allegedly been staying in the apartment with her dead son for days.

Police say there was evidence someone tried to clean the crime scene before they arrived and they found blood-soaked clothing, bedding and the murder weapons — a knife and hammer — in the trash.

EXIA15145 : thanks for the links... my 'copy and paste' buttons don't want to work for pasting addresses. Bleh.
Bugs the crap out of me when the main suspect 'can't remember' .

I saw this NG episode. The mother looks shell-shocked. I can't imagine why she would do this... plus wasn't she in the house with his body for a few days?

Awful, so awful :(

i googled the names and- it was the basics- no $ and getting evicted.

i googled the names and- it was the basics- no $ and getting evicted.

But that's what I don't get--the violence that she used.

I can almost understand the desperation of a single mother with a disabled son, having no $ and facing eviction, no where to turn,so she is depressed and stressed and she sees no way out. That much I can comprehend.

But to use a hammer and a knife? I don't get that at all. :rose:

But that's what I don't get--the violence that she used.
I can almost understand the desperation of a single mother with a disabled son, having no $ and facing eviction, no where to turn,so she is depressed and stressed and she sees no way out. That much I can comprehend.

But to use a hammer and a knife? I don't get that at all. :rose:

May I suggest we aren't supposed 'to get it'? It's beyond our realm of understanding. For someone to do that to another person is just terrible, but for a mother to do it to her child is incomprehensible.
Go give your child(ren) a hug and tell 'em you love 'em.

well i guess the best option would of been a gun, but if you can't afford it. she probably started with a knife, but if you don't know how to kill, like major blood vessiles and such, would bring the hammer into play, panic. there are many stories of simular situations, it's very sad that there is so little social/gov support in these cases.

From November 2013:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/I-have-failed-you-I-m-so-sorry-4946247.php

On Friday, the 53-year-old Westerlo mother received 20 years in prison as she begged her late son to forgive her for his inexplicable slaughter...

"I love him and I miss him so much and I apologize, Gabe, I have failed you! I'm so sorry!" the grief-stricken killer told Albany County Judge Stephen Herrick before he sentenced her on her guilty plea to first-degree manslaughter...

He noted letters sent by his client's family, friends, neighbors and former employers who remain in disbelief she violently killed her son, with whom she was inseparable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back