Anne Veseth, 20-year-old firefighter KIA

Just horrible that she died so young, but she died a hero doing her job to help others!

And it's not getting any better with the fires:

Crews battle dozens of Western fires

CLE ELUM, Wash. (AP) — Calmer winds gave Washington state firefighters hope of containing a blaze that left dozens of families homeless, while residents of two small Idaho towns planned to gather Wednesday and discuss evacuation plans because of a growing nearby wildfire.

About 800 people were assigned to fight the Taylor Bridge fire located near Cle Elum, about 75 miles east of Seattle. Better weather conditions made fire managers optimistic.

"We should have a good day," incident commander Rex Reed said early Wednesday.

In Idaho, fire managers tried to gather people in Featherville and Pine in the central part of the state to discuss evacuation plans as the Trinity Ridge that's burning on about 100 square miles blaze grew closer. Campers in the area have already been told to leave.............

It has been very dry and, when we get a thunderstorm, the lightening starts more fires. This will be the first year I am looking forward to snow.

:rose: :rose:

Rest in peace Anne Veseth. You were a brave young woman. Condolences and prayers to your loved ones. :heartbeat:

Mother of fallen firefighter: 'I felt like my heart ripped apart'

MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) — Anne Veseth was a 5-foot-11 blonde beauty who liked to dress up and go out with friends. She also was a trained auto mechanic and a forest firefighter.

On Saturday, a huge crowd is expected for the funeral of the 20-year-old who died last weekend when a tree fell on her while she was fighting a blaze in Idaho.

"Her cards were up," said mother Claire Veseth, 55, a nurse in this college town. "It was an act of God."

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/Idaho-Anne-Veseth-Firefighter-news-166583676.html

inline_467704813940.jpg

Beautiful girl, such a sad story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes