Osseo Football Captain Beats Cyberbullies

Pandora

Reaction score
This kid is AWESOME!

OSSEO, Minn. - The bullies of yesterday teased kids in hallways and on playgrounds, but today, mean kids hide under the mask of social media. One Osseo High School senior had enough, when he saw classmates taunted on Twitter.

Seventeen-year-old Kevin Curwick, one of the football team's captains, decided he could no longer sit on the sidelines when online bullying became a spectator sport in his school.

"I wasn't personally attacked but it just hit me the wrong way, these were coming out about my friends. I want them to feel welcomed, be happy about what they are and what they contribute to Osseo," he said.

So he quietly made his own Twitter account, logging on to lift spirits. @OsseoNiceThings singles out students for their gifts.

"She is so good at dancing, she gets more scholarships than D1 athletes," he tweeted about a girl attacked on another account.

More at link:
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/...er-beats-cyber-bullies-at-own-game?hpt=us_bn9

good for Kevin!

his parents sure raised him right - they should be proud!

Paraphrased from the video: "Since the Nice Things tweets have started, the online bullying has disappeared."

See, that's what it means by "killing them by kindness."

How about everyone take a minute today and say/do something nice for someone else? Anonymously or not...takes only a few seconds, and will change a person's whole day.

I dare you. Double dog dare you. Spread the kindness further. :)

Best-
Herding Cats

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member