1085 users online (211 members and 874 guests)  

Websleuths News

Divorced man ordered to pay dog maintenance

A court in Italy has ordered a man to pay maintenance to his divorced wife for their pet dog.

The woman, not been named for legal reasons, took her former husband to court in the north-eastern town of Udine after he refused to give money towards her canine expenses.

She said: "He has to pay maintenance for our two children, so why shouldn't he pay for the care of our dog Pepi, which we bought together.

"With food and vet bills a dog can cost almost as much as a child to raise."

Judge Enrico Cavalieri ruled in favour of the woman and ordered her estranged husband to pay several hundred pounds a year for the dog.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1234127.html?menu=

Does this mean that the man has visitation rights every other weekend and half of all holidays?
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Quote Originally Posted by vicktor
    Does this mean that the man has visitation rights every other weekend and half of all holidays?
    You know vicktor i was thinking the same thing
    (and now i sitting here worried because i thought like vicktor lol sorry )

Maybe this guy should go for custody of the dog. It could work out cheaper in the long run for him and since shes struggling to care (financialy) for the dog wouldnt this be better for her and her children?????????

The dog could visit the family (weekends holidays etc)

Just my worth. Some days/posts thats real value, on others, I might need to give back change! IMO