Snow Job?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
One Brownsville, Texas, man has put a snowball he collected during an unprecedented south Texas Christmas snowfall on the eBay auction block for a cool $5,000. Another Texan is asking $250,000 for a bowl of Corpus Christi snow. Brownsville received 1.5 inches of snow Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning, which was the city's first measurable snow since Feb. 14, 1895, according to the National Weather Service.

"It's an amazing historical event," seller Oscar J. Garza told The Brownsville Herald. "They've been selling so much stuff on eBay I thought I'd get a good laugh and if I make a little money out of it, oh well. That's why I put a 'buy it now' price of $5,000."

Garza isn't the only one trying to cash in on the wintry wonderland.

Another seller was asking $250,000 for a bowl of Christmas snow from Corpus Christi, sold "as is" without warranty. After six days, there were still no takers.

Garza's three-pound ball of snow, meanwhile, was going for $5.50 — plus a $20 shipping charge — with five days of bidding remaining. Six people had placed bids so far.

"It's a basketball-size chunk and I have to send it in dry ice so it doesn't melt," Garza said. "Something like this is not going to happen again in our lifetime, the climate and the condition are not proper for snowfall so chances are we won't see this again."

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/stormcenter/2005-01-03-Texas-snowball_x.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back