'Highly Incriminating' Evidence Could Lead to New Charges

BigCat

Reaction score
'Highly Incriminating' Evidence in Jerry Sandusky Case Could Lead to New Charges

http://abcnews.go.com/US/highly-incriminating-evidence-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-sealed/story?id=17019014&cid=ESPNheadline#.UC1zZPWSDE0

"We turned over transcripts of other potential victims and transcripts relating to the Penn State University and some of the potential events involving Penn State's connection with this case that I think would be highly sought by the media and that would not be in the best interests, again, of anybody, especially potentially ongoing matters to be disclosed," Fina said, according to the transcript.

Interesting phrasing used by Fina. The new evidence is related to "Penn State's connection with this case." I wonder what it could be.

Actually, I have been wondering about something else that would be really bad. I originally posted the following a few days ago on the 2001 thread:

I thought of something else today. I was remembering how Anthony Sassano originally got connected with the case. As a narcotics investigator, he was investigating steroid use in State College, and by checking out phone numbers, and who was talking to whom, came across Sandusky's many communications with Victim 6.

No one, or hardly anyone, has picked up on this - whose phone records was Sassano investigating? Victim 6's? Or Jerry Sandusky's? Which makes more sense? And if Sandusky was involved with steroids, what if he was supplying them to the team??? Now this would certainly be construed as a "competitive advantage" by the NCAA, and could conceivably create a host of vacated wins, a loss of national championships, horrid repercussions for the program, and damage to everyone's reputations.

When Sassano testified at the preliminary hearing for Schultz and Curley, and at Sandusky's trial, they very carefully danced around the issue that he was a narcotics investigator, asking only what he knew about current charges and allegations involving Sandusky. Perhaps the grand jury and/or other investigations are still looking into this.

Add to this the fact that the NCAA has chosen George Mitchell to be our "academic compliance monitor"...someone who has investigated the use of steroids in major league baseball...he may be looking into more than just academics over the next 5 years...

I have a suspicion, and I hope I'm incorrect for the sake of the children, that Sandusky was just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, 2 + 2? Pedophile ring investigation and now this?

Lioness, I'm sorry. I know how I would feel if this were happening at my beloved alma mater. Take good care of yourself.

I have a suspicion, and I hope I'm incorrect for the sake of the children, that Sandusky was just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, 2 + 2? Pedophile ring investigation and now this?

Lioness, I'm sorry. I know how I would feel if this were happening at my beloved alma mater. Take good care of yourself.

Thanks. I'm trying to, but nothing would surprise me anymore, after all that has happened, and all that keeps happening. I'm scaring myself, because I was thinking about a pedophile ring and/or a *advertiser censored* ring last month already. I really hope I'm wrong about the drugs...but why else would Sassano be involved?

http://www.yardbird.com/busted_narcotics_agent_nabs_sandusky.htm

Wow, I'm so far behind! Thank you all for doggedly posting and updating this horror story-- I will certainly read it all as time permits.

I hate being bossed around by RL, hate it! :cool:

:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail: (how many of <<these do I need now?)

It was a surprise to me how narrow the scope of the Sandusky trial was and how quick it moved.

Looking at these new reports maybe the prosecutor was aware that there was so much more going on behind the scenes.

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Actually, I have been wondering about something else that would be really bad. I originally posted the following a few days ago on the 2001 thread:

I thought of something else today. I was remembering how Anthony Sassano originally got connected with the case. As a narcotics investigator, he was investigating steroid use in State College, and by checking out phone numbers, and who was talking to whom, came across Sandusky's many communications with Victim 6.

No one, or hardly anyone, has picked up on this - whose phone records was Sassano investigating? Victim 6's? Or Jerry Sandusky's? Which makes more sense? And if Sandusky was involved with steroids, what if he was supplying them to the team??? Now this would certainly be construed as a "competitive advantage" by the NCAA, and could conceivably create a host of vacated wins, a loss of national championships, horrid repercussions for the program, and damage to everyone's reputations.

When Sassano testified at the preliminary hearing for Schultz and Curley, and at Sandusky's trial, they very carefully danced around the issue that he was a narcotics investigator, asking only what he knew about current charges and allegations involving Sandusky. Perhaps the grand jury and/or other investigations are still looking into this.

Add to this the fact that the NCAA has chosen George Mitchell to be our "academic compliance monitor"...someone who has investigated the use of steroids in major league baseball...he may be looking into more than just academics over the next 5 years...

Interesting you mention that Jerry Sandusky might of been supplying steroids to his players. Sandusky is a cheat, crook, and pervert. I happen to see this article. I wonder what those new charges are. I have always suspicion that his adopted children are victims as well, especially with Matt Sandusky's accusation coming to light. I have also wondered if any of those people he befriended when he was younger, like those mentally challenged people, are victims as well.

Jerry Sandusky's 'make-believe world'
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us/sandusky-memoir-profile/index.html

Beyond the sex acts and assaults, the grand jury report portrays Sandusky as both controlling and needy. He called one boy more than 100 times after the boy started avoiding him, according to phone records examined by authorities.

Just as his lawyer did this week, Sandusky describes himself as a harmless, overgrown kid. He writes that even beyond his drive to win and perform good works, he has a tendency to push too hard, go too far, and get himself in trouble with his pranks.

He was an only child, but at the Bug House he never lacked for company. One of his constant companions was a mentally challenged boy everyone called Big Ern. "I used to take Ernie to the movies or we'd go swimming together, and I taught him how to play basketball," he recalls in the book.

Sandusky has this "win at all cost" mentality. He is clearly controlling and being needy is a person who thrives and lives by controlling.

Trial scheduled for Penn State administrators
August 17, 2012 11:28 am

By Paula Reed Ward / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The trial for two former Penn State administrators is scheduled to begin early next year.

Dauphin County Common Pleas Judge Todd A. Hoover this morning issued an order announcing that jury selection in the trial for former athletic director Tim Curley and former vice president of business and finance Gary Schultz will begin Jan. 7.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...nn-state-administrators-649393/#ixzz23oooTAl8

It was a surprise to me how narrow the scope of the Sandusky trial was and how quick it moved.

Looking at these new reports maybe the prosecutor was aware that there was so much more going on behind the scenes.

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Sandusky's legal woes are far from over. His conviction is just the start. It will get worse and worse.

Sandusky's legal woes are far from over. His conviction is just the start. It will get worse and worse.

He is writing a book supposedly something to do with the type of football coaching he did - and Dottie is helping him!

Interesting you mention that Jerry Sandusky might of been supplying steroids to his players. Sandusky is a cheat, crook, and pervert. I happen to see this article. I wonder what those new charges are. I have always suspicion that his adopted children are victims as well, especially with Matt Sandusky's accusation coming to light. I have also wondered if any of those people he befriended when he was younger, like those mentally challenged people, are victims as well.

Jerry Sandusky's 'make-believe world'
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us/sandusky-memoir-profile/index.html

Beyond the sex acts and assaults, the grand jury report portrays Sandusky as both controlling and needy. He called one boy more than 100 times after the boy started avoiding him, according to phone records examined by authorities.

Just as his lawyer did this week, Sandusky describes himself as a harmless, overgrown kid. He writes that even beyond his drive to win and perform good works, he has a tendency to push too hard, go too far, and get himself in trouble with his pranks.

He was an only child, but at the Bug House he never lacked for company. One of his constant companions was a mentally challenged boy everyone called Big Ern. "I used to take Ernie to the movies or we'd go swimming together, and I taught him how to play basketball," he recalls in the book.

Sandusky has this "win at all cost" mentality. He is clearly controlling and being needy is a person who thrives and lives by controlling.

So many things in this article had me cringing throughout.

I'm guessing Fina is talking about evidence slightly less sensational than steroids and pedophile rings. I'm not ruling it out. I just expect something a bit more mundane in the immediate future.

How about McQueary's testimony during the prelimary hearing that he "absolutely" told other people what he saw?

(pg 78 http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/schultz-curley-preliminary-hearing-transcript.pdf)

Did he ever tell Fran Ganter, his immediate supervisor and the coach he played for? How about Tom Bradley?

Just throwing that out there as a possibility.

JMO

I'm guessing Fina is talking about evidence slightly less sensational than steroids and pedophile rings. I'm not ruling it out. I just expect something a bit more mundane in the immediate future.

How about McQueary's testimony during the prelimary hearing that he "absolutely" told other people what he saw?

(pg 78 http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/schultz-curley-preliminary-hearing-transcript.pdf)

Did he ever tell Fran Ganter, his immediate supervisor and the coach he played for? How about Tom Bradley?

Just throwing that out there as a possibility.

JMO

Bolded by me:

If that is the case, and I know we are just speculating, be prepared for some fireworks - Ganter is still employed by PSU as an assistant Athletic Director. Also, we recall that his name came up from ADA Sloane as participating in a meeting with Gricar, Ralston and Schreffler in Oct, 1998.

The one reservation I have about this is, after all of the fallout from the cover-up, if anyone else was in the know, it is hard to imagine them remaining silent and risking being outed as complicit, rather than getting out in front of the firestorm.

Another possibility: what if one or more of the other people McQueary "absolutely" told were member(s) of law enforcement? Here's an excerpt from the email McQueary allegedly sent a friend about the incident:

I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ittany-lions-scandal-text-mike-mcqueary-email

Obviously "the official at the university in charge of police" is Schultz. But did he follow up with an actual police officer at a later date? Or is Schultz both the police and the official in charge of the police?

Neither McQueary nor Tom Harmon spoke to Freeh, I believe, at the request of the AG. That request could be related specifically to the upcoming Curley/Schultz perjury trials, but it could also be related to other possible indictments.

JMO

'Highly Incriminating' Evidence in Jerry Sandusky Case Could Lead to New Charges

http://abcnews.go.com/US/highly-incriminating-evidence-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-sealed/story?id=17019014&cid=ESPNheadline#.UC1zZPWSDE0

Interesting phrasing used by Fina. The new evidence is related to "Penn State's connection with this case." I wonder what it could be.

First of all, thank you. I missed that slight wording. It could, however, refer to the 2/27/01 e-mail.

Someone else mentioned Sassano. I believe he was assigned the case because the AG's Office was so shorthanded in 2009.

First of all, thank you. I missed that slight wording. It could, however, refer to the 2/27/01 e-mail.

Someone else mentioned Sassano. I believe he was assigned the case because the AG's Office was so shorthanded in 2009.

Yes, Sassano was the investigator who tracked down McQueary. Sassano found him by reading about rumors of the 2001 incident on PSU football message boards.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back