1071 users online (212 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Gray Co., 'Amethyst Doe' WhtFem UP3537, 33-45, clubfoot, Aug'99

NamUs UP #3537
    Ht: 5'3"-5'8"
    Wt: 130-150 lbs
    Hair: strawberry blond

Crippled right leg
    Crippled right foot, includes clubfoot
    surgical screw in right ankle
    Healed fracture in left shoulder
    She was missing several bottom teeth, including four in the front.

Found on IH-40 one half mile west of McLean, Gray County, TX.

Died about approximately one week earlier

Ruled Out as of Jan 1, 2013:
    Mary Badaracco
    Patricia Corona
    Kelli Cox
    Tina D'Ambrosio
    Mary Knightly
    Penny Lease
    Parley Pate
    Gail Russel
    Patricia Schmidt
    Tiffany Sessions

Doe Network Case File 203UFTX

Clothing: A pair of Reebok shoes with inserts (size 7.5); white ankle socks; blue denim Capaccino shorts (large); dark blue Classic Lines tank top (large); white sports bra and blue-green Hanes bikini panties.

Two gold colored rings with purple colored stones were also located.

More information at the Texas Department of Public Safety

DPS Seeking Identity of "Amethyst Doe"

pdf attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bessie; 01-02-2013 at 03:17 AM. Reason: updated list of rule outs
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Any thoughts about Robin Lynn Jobson as a match?

Robin Lynn Jobson

Jobson went missing from Flint, MI, Genesee County, on May 7, 1998. She was last seen leaving a bar in Flint. Her family thought she had run off to Kentucky with a man she'd been seeing. She was 31 years old. There's not much more info about her that I can find.

NamUs MP #7551

The missing possibly had a broken right arm and a pin in her leg from a traffic accident when she was younger.

Jobson had a pin in her leg from an injury when she was "younger", and the UID had a surgical pin in her right ankle. Jobson's injury is not an exact match to the UID's clubfoot, but it's interesting. If the accident happened when she was younger, the injury might have left her with a deformity. But would it look the same as a "clubfoot"? I don't know.

The UID had a healed shoulder fracture in her left arm, and Jobson had a fracture in her right arm. Again, a discrepancy, but we know recording errors occur from time to time.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Doe Network Case File 2635DFMI
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

She seems to have a matching underbite, too.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

I c/p from the poster linked at the bottom of the original post, just because I was wondering "Where is Gray County?" and "What could the purple stones mean?" Work smarter not harder, right?

The Texas Rangers’ Unsolved Crimes Investigative Program and the DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse are renewing efforts to identify this woman, after her body was dumped on the side of the road in Gray County in the Texas Panhandle more than 10 years ago.
    The woman was discovered with two rings containing purple stones that look like amethyst— the birthstone for February—earning her the affectionate nickname of “Amethyst Doe.” Photos of the rings and all forensic reconstructions and drawings are available at:
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/directo...2410photos.htm.
    Although the facial reconstructions and drawings are rooted deeply in science, they should not be considered exact likenesses.

"The victim's hair may range in color from dark blonde to light brown with red highlights. She was missing her front four bottom teeth and she likely had right shoulder stiffness and possible lower back pain. She also has a previous fracture to her left shoulder. Her right leg is deformed and smaller than the left leg, possibly due to Polio. Her right ankle was fused with a screw and she may have walked with a limp. It is possible this woman experienced pregnancy in her lifetime. DNA is on file with the Lubbock County Medical Examiner's Office."

From the TXDPS site there is no mention of clubfoot, just deformed. Also her hair color may be more brown to blond.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...se_information

I understand she went missing in 1979, but Nellie Flickinger seems to have a chin that juts out. Also she has one leg smaller than the other due to an injury.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

201109191201150 hope.jpg HOPE MOORE

pr022410frontlg doe.jpg AMETHYST DOE

Questioning why this woman from Galveston was not considered as she went missing 4 months before Amethyst Doe was found. Husband and Brother in Law were suspect so they may have offered little as far as description.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4681/0/

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    201109191201150 hope.jpg HOPE MOORE

pr022410frontlg doe.jpg AMETHYST DOE

Questioning why this woman from Galveston was not considered as she went missing 4 months before Amethyst Doe was found. Husband and Brother in Law were suspect so they may have offered little as far as description.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4681/0/
    It may be the height. 5'3" to 5'8" is a pretty wide range. Sounds like they think this person was around 5'5". Hope Moore was 5'0" to 5'1". I'd be surprised if they were off by that much, but you never know.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/tpnfeb09.pdf

Additional information on the tragic life of Hope Moore. I wonder where they got her height from? The DMV in Tx takes your word for your height and weight. It doesn't sound like Hope had a regular check up at the doctor's. The absence of any indication she had a pin in her ankle troubles me...hmmmm.

Robin is my sister in law I put her name in search engines every once in awhile and came across this link, thank you for posting. I don't have much more info than what was posted. Her dental record states she had a "upper flipper" her missing teeth were #1,2,7,8,10,14,16,18,31,32

Welcome to Websleuths, misse1343! I've opened a thread for Robin in the Missing but Not Forgotten forum.

MI - Robin Jobson, 41, Flint, 7 May 1998 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...ng_accessories

Deformed leg, prominent chin......

Charlotte Heimann

I still feel Charlotte should be ruled out.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...ng_accessories
    Attached Images Attached Images

Additional Exclusions

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Mary Badaracco 1946 Connecticut
    Patricia Corona 1967 Arizona
    Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
    Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
    Mary Knightly 1969 Delaware
    Penny Lease 1965 Illinois
    Parley Pate 1959 North Carolina
    Gail Russel 1965 Florida
    Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
    Show All Exclusions (11) Hide Exclusions

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast