Identified! TX - Gray Co, 'Amethyst Doe', WhtFem 35-60, UP6936, clubfoot, clothes, jewelry, Aug'99 - Brenda Sue Guessler

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
203UFTX7.jpg

NamUs UP #3537
Ht: 5'3"-5'8"
Wt: 130-150 lbs
Hair: strawberry blond

Crippled right leg
Crippled right foot, includes clubfoot
surgical screw in right ankle
Healed fracture in left shoulder
She was missing several bottom teeth, including four in the front.

Found on IH-40 one half mile west of McLean, Gray County, TX.

Died about approximately one week earlier

Ruled Out as of Jan 1, 2013:
Mary Badaracco
Patricia Corona
Kelli Cox
Tina D'Ambrosio
Mary Knightly
Penny Lease
Parley Pate
Gail Russel
Patricia Schmidt
Tiffany Sessions

Doe Network Case File 203UFTX

Clothing: A pair of Reebok shoes with inserts (size 7.5); white ankle socks; blue denim Capaccino shorts (large); dark blue Classic Lines tank top (large); white sports bra and blue-green Hanes bikini panties.

Two gold colored rings with purple colored stones were also located.

203UFTX3.jpg
203UFTX4.jpg

More information at the Texas Department of Public Safety

DPS Seeking Identity of "Amethyst Doe"

pdf attached

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of June 28, 2023>

Attachments

• pr022410.pdf
    254.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts about Robin Lynn Jobson as a match?

1687975112520.jpeg
Robin Lynn Jobson

Jobson went missing from Flint, MI, Genesee County, on May 7, 1998. She was last seen leaving a bar in Flint. Her family thought she had run off to Kentucky with a man she'd been seeing. She was 31 years old. There's not much more info about her that I can find.

NamUs MP #7551

The missing possibly had a broken right arm and a pin in her leg from a traffic accident when she was younger.

Jobson had a pin in her leg from an injury when she was "younger", and the UID had a surgical pin in her right ankle. Jobson's injury is not an exact match to the UID's clubfoot, but it's interesting. If the accident happened when she was younger, the injury might have left her with a deformity. But would it look the same as a "clubfoot"? I don't know.

The UID had a healed shoulder fracture in her left arm, and Jobson had a fracture in her right arm. Again, a discrepancy, but we know recording errors occur from time to time.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Doe Network Case File 2635DFMI

I c/p from the poster linked at the bottom of the original post, just because I was wondering "Where is Gray County?" and "What could the purple stones mean?" Work smarter not harder, right? :wink:

The Texas Rangers Unsolved Crimes Investigative Program and the DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse are renewing efforts to identify this woman, after her body was dumped on the side of the road in Gray County in the Texas Panhandle more than 10 years ago.
The woman was discovered with two rings containing purple stones that look like amethyst the birthstone for Februaryearning her the affectionate nickname of Amethyst Doe. Photos of the rings and all forensic reconstructions and drawings are available at:
Although the facial reconstructions and drawings are rooted deeply in science, they should not be considered exact likenesses.

"The victim's hair may range in color from dark blonde to light brown with red highlights. She was missing her front four bottom teeth and she likely had right shoulder stiffness and possible lower back pain. She also has a previous fracture to her left shoulder. Her right leg is deformed and smaller than the left leg, possibly due to Polio. Her right ankle was fused with a screw and she may have walked with a limp. It is possible this woman experienced pregnancy in her lifetime. DNA is on file with the Lubbock County Medical Examiner's Office."

From the TXDPS site there is no mention of clubfoot, just deformed. Also her hair color may be more brown to blond.

I understand she went missing in 1979, but Nellie Flickinger seems to have a chin that juts out. Also she has one leg smaller than the other due to an injury.

201109191201150 hope.jpg HOPE MOORE

pr022410frontlg doe.jpg AMETHYST DOE

Questioning why this woman from Galveston was not considered as she went missing 4 months before Amethyst Doe was found. Husband and Brother in Law were suspect so they may have offered little as far as description.

View attachment 25872 HOPE MOORE

View attachment 25873 AMETHYST DOE

Questioning why this woman from Galveston was not considered as she went missing 4 months before Amethyst Doe was found. Husband and Brother in Law were suspect so they may have offered little as far as description.

It may be the height. 5'3" to 5'8" is a pretty wide range. Sounds like they think this person was around 5'5". Hope Moore was 5'0" to 5'1". I'd be surprised if they were off by that much, but you never know.

<modsnip: broken link> Additional information on the tragic life of Hope Moore. I wonder where they got her height from? The DMV in Tx takes your word for your height and weight. It doesn't sound like Hope had a regular check up at the doctor's. The absence of any indication she had a pin in her ankle troubles me...hmmmm.

Robin is my sister in law I put her name in search engines every once in awhile and came across this link, thank you for posting. I don't have much more info than what was posted. Her dental record states she had a "upper flipper" her missing teeth were #1,2,7,8,10,14,16,18,31,32

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Mary Badaracco 1946 Connecticut
Patricia Corona 1967 Arizona
Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
Mary Knightly 1969 Delaware
Penny Lease 1965 Illinois
Parley Pate 1959 North Carolina
Gail Russel 1965 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Show All Exclusions (11) Hide Exclusions

View attachment 25872 HOPE MOORE

View attachment 25873 AMETHYST DOE

DNA testing complete on Hope Moore. HMMM...

Attachments

• pr022410frontlg doe.jpg
    pr022410frontlg doe.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 20
  • MARY ANN.jpg
    MARY ANN.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 26
Eyetooth seem to match

Attachments

• MARY ANN  EYE TOOTH.jpg
    MARY ANN EYE TOOTH.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 418
  • UID EYETOOTH.jpg
    UID EYETOOTH.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 417
bessie is turning in the unknown/ Bagenstose match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back