Thread: TX - Endangered Missing: Kimberly Abigail Orellana, 12, Falfurrias, 9 Aug 2012

TX - Endangered Missing: Kimberly Abigail Orellana, 12, Falfurrias, 9 Aug 2012

KIMBERLY ORELLANA, Age Now: 12, Missing: 08/09/2012. Missing From FALFURRIAS, TX. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Brooks County Sheriff's Office (Texas) 1-361-325-3696.

Case Type: Endangered Missing

Circumstances: Kimberly was last seen walking along highway 281 between Falfurrias and McAllen, Texas on August 9, 2012. She may still be in the local area. Kimberly's ears are pierced.

More...

Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 08-18-2012 at 12:21 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seymour Krelborn For This Useful Post:

Missing 12-Year-Old Girl Last Seen in Brooks County

http://www.kristv.com/news/missing-1...brooks-county/

Posted: Aug 24, 2012 6:17 PM
    by Rachel Cole - rcole@kristv.com
    Updated: Aug 24, 2012 8:17 PM

BROOKS COUNTY -- A search is underway for a 12-year-old El Salvadorian girl has been missing for 17 days. Officials said the girl is an illegal immigrant who was traveling with a group of other immigrants that left her behind in Brooks County.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

OMG! This poor child! Praying that she is safe.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Bravo to her parents for reporting her missing despite the illegal immigrant status and the implications it may have.
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

I was so worried when I saw her poster. 12 years old, last seen walking alone. Glad there is a bit more info now. Hope she is found safe and very soon.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I cannot find anything except the same info already linked in the OP.

Where are you Kimberly?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

OMG, I hope this isn't another girl kidnapped for the sex trade. McAllen is close to the border and it's a very bad town, from what I hear. I hope she is found safe.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Ahh poor girl! Really so a group of people are just walking along and she became tired and walked away from the group? I don't get it.

http://www.kristv.com/news/missing-1...brooks-county/

Immigrant activist Livio Danna said the group was heading to Houston but left her behind after she couldn't walk anymore. Now, Danna is doing whatever he can to find the 12 year old girl.

"She was travelling with people. She started to feel uncomfortable, upset and tired and then she just left at that point," Danna said.

bbm
    so she can't walk anymore and just leaves?? like "ok bye catch up later"?? 12! There is not some pack of humans walking down the road and just slough off a 12 yr old. Someone put her somewhere.imo Gave her to someone or left her somewhere. I pray I'm wrong and she's holding her own out there. I figure the person who notified the activist is pretty worried. I can't imagine they want LE anywhere around but know something is wrong. imo

Honestly, how can even an "illegal" leave their 12 yr. old behind??? Gosh I am just astounded. These folks must have been scared out of their minds.....

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

I tend to agree with you, Toby Wong. It doesn't sound too promising, does it?
    Sad, so terribly sad!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Could this be connected to the other missing 12 year old Cameron Hernandez, also new, also from the area and walking/jogging? (gather made the connect not me)

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

I am finishing up a book right now titled The Death of Josseline, about a true situation much like this one. Warning: It is a tearjerker of the highest order. This happens more often than we want to imagine when immigrants are coming across the desert.
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AzPistonsGirl For This Useful Post:

They left her behind??? Why wasn't she with her parents??
    If she was lost and alone she might have been afraid to ask for help cause of her illegal status

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamond12 For This Useful Post:

BUMPING for Kimberrly. So sad there is no news. There has to be something going on here! What happened to her???
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

This little girl was only TWELVE years old when she was abandoned by her fellow illegal immigrants and left to fend for herself. A little child lost in a strange country and afraid to seek the help of authority figures because she knows she doesn't have the proper papers. An innocent ripe for the picking of some horrible monster who would know that it would very unlikely that s/he would ever be punished for his/her transgressions against little Kimberly. My grandbaby is half El Salvadorian and she is the most precious thing in my life... I cannot imagine going on with life if something happened to her. The last post here on this thread was in September of 2012 (thank-you, SheWhoMustNot). Is this all this little girl's life is worth? A meager few posts on a thread that has laid dormant for SIX MONTHS?

It makes me cry...

WHERE ARE YOU, KIMBERLY ORELLANA? May the good Lord be watching over you...

Ego dico cum mortuus populus...

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flowerlady For This Useful Post:

I agree, flowerlady.

I just don't understand the lack of ANYTHING. Especially from LE. If LE or MSM gives us something, I know WSers would come alive.

But I just don't get it. She's 12. In a brand new country. She's not going to run away when she knows no one. She's not going to leave on her own when she probably knows very little English. There has to be something else going on. Her group did not leave her behind. Not if members of her family were with them. That can't be right. You wouldn't tell a 12 year old child to "catch up later" while you keep walking down the road. ITA with TobyWong. Someone gave Kimberly to someone to "watch over", at the very least.

Where is the news????

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Thinking the same thing . Alone in a new, strange country and only 12. This is awful! Predators can sense victims.
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. Wanting justice for precious Jhessye!

any news ?

Im in England and came across this case by chance when I was browsing something else.... I think 1) either she became uncomfortable by the behaviour of someone in the group and ran away; or 2) a male in the group said he'd take her and look after her etc etc. The person who informed the authorities must know more?! My daughter is the same age, and its so awful and frightening to think of a child so vulnerable.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to romany_star For This Useful Post:

Just saw Kimberly on NamUs https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/17792

What really happened here? I wonder where the people from the walking group are now?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hayaletcatcher For This Useful Post:

Kimberly has been added to Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._kimberly.html

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Bumping. Was Kimberly's parents also in the group crossing the border that she was with?