TX TX - Kimberly Orellana, 12, Falfurrias, 9 Aug 2012

Seymour Krelborn

Feed Me!
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
KIMBERLY ORELLANA, Age Now: 12, Missing: 08/09/2012. Missing From FALFURRIAS, TX. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Brooks County Sheriff's Office (Texas) 1-361-325-3696.

Case Type: Endangered Missing

Circumstances: Kimberly was last seen walking along highway 281 between Falfurrias and McAllen, Texas on August 9, 2012. She may still be in the local area. Kimberly's ears are pierced.

More...

NCMC1200867c1.jpg

Bravo to her parents for reporting her missing despite the illegal immigrant status and the implications it may have.

I was so worried when I saw her poster. 12 years old, last seen walking alone. :( Glad there is a bit more info now. Hope she is found safe and very soon.

I cannot find anything except the same info already linked in the OP.

Where are you Kimberly?

OMG, I hope this isn't another girl kidnapped for the sex trade. McAllen is close to the border and it's a very bad town, from what I hear. I hope she is found safe.

Ahh poor girl! Really so a group of people are just walking along and she became tired and walked away from the group? I don't get it.

http://www.kristv.com/news/missing-12-year-old-girl-last-seen-in-brooks-county/

Immigrant activist Livio Danna said the group was heading to Houston but left her behind after she couldn't walk anymore. Now, Danna is doing whatever he can to find the 12 year old girl.

"She was travelling with people. She started to feel uncomfortable, upset and tired and then she just left at that point," Danna said.

bbm
so she can't walk anymore and just leaves?? like "ok bye catch up later"?? 12! There is not some pack of humans walking down the road and just slough off a 12 yr old. Someone put her somewhere.imo Gave her to someone or left her somewhere. I pray I'm wrong and she's holding her own out there. I figure the person who notified the activist is pretty worried. I can't imagine they want LE anywhere around but know something is wrong. imo

Honestly, how can even an "illegal" leave their 12 yr. old behind??? Gosh I am just astounded. These folks must have been scared out of their minds.....

I tend to agree with you, Toby Wong. It doesn't sound too promising, does it?
Sad, so terribly sad!!

Texas DPS Missing Person Bulletin

A1208002.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 8/17/2012
Kimberly Abigail Escobar Orellana

Case Number: A1208002Case Type: InvoluntaryHeight: 5' 01"Weight: 130 lbs.Date of Birth: 7/7/2000Age Missing: 12Eye Color: BrownHair Color: BlackRace: HispanicSex: FemaleLast Seen in: Falfurrias (Brooks County)Last Seen on: 8/8/2012State Missing From: TexasCountry Missing From: USA
Miscellaneous Notes: Kimberly has medium build and was last seen wearing light blue Lacost brand blue jeans without back pockets and dark blue Puma brand shoes with a red stripe. She has long shoulder length hair with bangs worn to the side. Kimberly has pierced ears, an inch long scar on the inside of her left arm and a small elongated burn scar on her back. She was last seen in the company of two females in the brush on Highway 281.

Could this be connected to the other missing 12 year old Cameron Hernandez, also new, also from the area and walking/jogging? (gather made the connect not me)

I am finishing up a book right now titled The Death of Josseline, about a true situation much like this one. Warning: It is a tearjerker of the highest order. This happens more often than we want to imagine when immigrants are coming across the desert.

They left her behind??? Why wasn't she with her parents??
If she was lost and alone she might have been afraid to ask for help cause of her illegal status:(

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

KIMBERLY ABIGAIL ORELLANA
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Jul 7, 2000 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Aug 9, 2012 Race: Hispanic
Age Now: 12 Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Missing City: FALFURRIAS Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing State : TX Hair Color: Black
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC1200867
Circumstances: Kimberly was last seen walking along highway 281 between Falfurrias and McAllen, Texas on August 9, 2012. She may still be in the local area. Kimberly's ears are pierced.

NCMC1200867c1.jpg

This little girl was only TWELVE years old when she was abandoned by her fellow illegal immigrants and left to fend for herself. A little child lost in a strange country and afraid to seek the help of authority figures because she knows she doesn't have the proper papers. An innocent ripe for the picking of some horrible monster who would know that it would very unlikely that s/he would ever be punished for his/her transgressions against little Kimberly. My grandbaby is half El Salvadorian and she is the most precious thing in my life... I cannot imagine going on with life if something happened to her. The last post here on this thread was in September of 2012 (thank-you, SheWhoMustNot). Is this all this little girl's life is worth? A meager few posts on a thread that has laid dormant for SIX MONTHS?

It makes me cry...

WHERE ARE YOU, KIMBERLY ORELLANA? May the good Lord be watching over you...

I agree, flowerlady.

I just don't understand the lack of ANYTHING. Especially from LE. If LE or MSM gives us something, I know WSers would come alive.

But I just don't get it. She's 12. In a brand new country. She's not going to run away when she knows no one. She's not going to leave on her own when she probably knows very little English. There has to be something else going on. Her group did not leave her behind. Not if members of her family were with them. That can't be right. You wouldn't tell a 12 year old child to "catch up later" while you keep walking down the road. ITA with TobyWong. Someone gave Kimberly to someone to "watch over", at the very least.

Where is the news????

Thinking the same thing :(. Alone in a new, strange country and only 12. This is awful! Predators can sense victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back