Mexico Is An FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Involved In A Mexican Serial Killing Case

Derek

Reaction score
I have been working on this theory and have researched many cases since early 2009. The fugitive, Fidel Urbina was added to the FBI Ten Most Wanted List in June. This only raised my suspicions and convinced me to dig further into what is known as the Murdered Women Of Ciudad Juarez and Ciudad Chihuahua, Mexico.

Note: Whenever I say "sexually murdered" I mean murdered while or after being sexually victimized.

First some background info, Fidel Urbina has been charged in Chicago, Illinois with the 1998 sex-slaying of 22-year old Gabriella Torres. This occurred seven months after authorities say he kidnapped and raped a female bar waitress. In 2006, authorities used family informants to track Urbina to his hometown of Durango, Mexico, however he wasn't apprehended and it's unclear as to why that didn't happen.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...11029_1_auto-mechanic-chicago-woman-gary-marx Right before adding him to the 10 MW List, authorities learned that Lorenzo Maes was just a stolen alias that Fidel Urbina had been using.

My speculations on Urbina do not compare him to say Gary Ridgeway or John Wayne Gacy. The Juarez/Chihuahua City Serial Sexual Femicides are believe to be perpetrated by a combination of drug cartel members, corrupt police, gang members, a group of powerful men and any number of copycats.

However, linking Urbina to possibly being connected with the Juarez Drug Cartel (the group that's believed to be at the root of this) isn't that difficult. First off, the Juarez Drug Cartel has controlled the narcotics market in Chicago (where Urbina is wanted out of) for years and only recently was challenged by the Sinaloa Cartel for control of that region.

Second, there is a major heroin trafficking route that goes from Urbina's home Mexican state of Durango, to Juarez/El Paso and finally to Chicago. A source in a highly recommended book on these cases mentions that there is a group of narco-traffickers that traffic narcotics from Durango, Mexico to Juarez that kill women.

Two months after Urbina goes on the run, three women in Juarez are found sexually murdered and burned from Dec 1998-2000. A group of scapegoats were charged in two of the cases. Five months after Urbina goes on the run, the femicides spread to the state capital of Chihuahua City when Leticia Norma Holguin Moon is sexually murdered.

At least seven of these victims (if I recall correctly) were students at a particular computer school chain. That chain called ECCO later changed it's name after suspicions arose that they were connected to the sex-slayings. In Chihuahua City, corrupt members of the State Police use the internet cafes to connect with their associates in the "stolen autos network". Interestly, Gabriella Torres's body was found in a stolen and chopped 1990 Chevy Lumina.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=4j6ltAeeo3sC&q=Autos#v=snippet&q=Autos&f=false

----------------------------

Fidel Urbina was added to the FBI 10 Most Wanted List on June 5th. The press conference had the Chicago FBI director mention "Ciudad Juarez" when it came to sightings, however he didn't go into anymore details. They were advocating for the FBI director to add Urbina to the list for two years. It was two years ago when America's Most Wanted gave Urbina his first profile. The AMW.com profile mentions Ciudad Juarez as a possible location where Urbina may be hiding out which is curiously not mentioned on his FBI 10 MW Poster.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fidel-urbina/view

I want this to be the start of a hopefully long discussion as whether Urbina is likely involved in these cases or not. If anyone requests links for more information then I'll do my best to get them. If anyone else has knowledge of these cases then hopefully they could provide some more insight.

First some background info, Fidel Urbina has been charged in Chicago, Illinois with the 1998 sex-slaying of 22-year old Gabriella Torres. This occurred seven months after authorities say he kidnapped and raped a female bar waitress. In 2006, authorities used family informants to track Urbina to his hometown of Durango, Mexico, however he wasn't apprehended and it's unclear as to why that didn't happen.

He probably made a run for it. For the arrest warrant that he has in Mexico, I'm surprised the Mexican government hasn't made much of an effort to track him down.

He probably made a run for it. For the arrest warrant that he has in Mexico, I'm surprised the Mexican government hasn't made much of an effort to track him down.

So perhaps he got wind that family members had become informants.

Do you have an opinion on the rest of my theory?

I have been working on this theory and have researched many cases since early 2009. The fugitive, Fidel Urbina was added to the FBI Ten Most Wanted List in June. This only raised my suspicions and convinced me to dig further into what is known as the Murdered Women Of Ciudad Juarez and Ciudad Chihuahua, Mexico.

Note: Whenever I say "sexually murdered" I mean murdered while or after being sexually victimized.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...11029_1_auto-mechanic-chicago-woman-gary-marx Right before adding him to the 10 MW List, authorities learned that Lorenzo Maes was just a stolen alias that Fidel Urbina had been using.

My speculations on Urbina do not compare him to say Gary Ridgeway or John Wayne Gacy. The Juarez/Chihuahua City Serial Sexual Femicides are believe to be perpetrated by a combination of drug cartel members, corrupt police, gang members, a group of powerful men and any number of copycats.

However, linking Urbina to possibly being connected with the Juarez Drug Cartel (the group that's believed to be at the root of this) isn't that difficult. First off, the Juarez Drug Cartel has controlled the narcotics market in Chicago (where Urbina is wanted out of) for years and only recently was challenged by the Sinaloa Cartel for control of that region.

Second, there is a major heroin trafficking route that goes from Urbina's home Mexican state of Durango, to Juarez/El Paso and finally to Chicago. A source in a highly recommended book on these cases mentions that there is a group of narco-traffickers that traffic narcotics from Durango, Mexico to Juarez that kill women.

Two months after Urbina goes on the run, three women in Juarez are found sexually murdered and burned from Dec 1998-2000. A group of scapegoats were charged in two of the cases. Five months after Urbina goes on the run, the femicides spread to the state capital of Chihuahua City when Leticia Norma Holguin Moon is sexually murdered.

At least seven of these victims (if I recall correctly) were students at a particular computer school chain. That chain called ECCO later changed it's name after suspicions arose that they were connected to the sex-slayings. In Chihuahua City, corrupt members of the State Police use the internet cafes to connect with their associates in the "stolen autos network". Interestly, Gabriella Torres's body was found in a stolen and chopped 1990 Chevy Lumina.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=4j6ltAeeo3sC&q=Autos#v=snippet&q=Autos&f=false

Fidel Urbina was added to the FBI 10 Most Wanted List on June 5th. The press conference had the Chicago FBI director mention "Ciudad Juarez" when it came to sightings, however he didn't go into anymore details. They were advocating for the FBI director to add Urbina to the list for two years. It was two years ago when America's Most Wanted gave Urbina his first profile. The AMW.com profile mentions Ciudad Juarez as a possible location where Urbina may be hiding out which is curiously not mentioned on his FBI 10 MW Poster.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fidel-urbina/view

I want this to be the start of a hopefully long discussion as whether Urbina is likely involved in these cases or not. If anyone requests links for more information then I'll do my best to get them. If anyone else has knowledge of these cases then hopefully they could provide some more insight.

I am glad you have been working on a theory in connection with these many horrible murders that have occurred over such a long period of time. You could certainly be on the right track in thinking that the individual you have in mind might have some involvement. Would be good to keep looking at him imo.

I do not have too much knowledge about this topic, but I did read a book about the subject in Spanish ("Las Hijas de Juarez" by Teresa Rodriguez, Diana Montané and Lisa Pulitzer-2007) which was riveting and very sad. So many women have been targeted as they walk to and from work in the factories outlying the city. One woman that I recall reading about arrived late for work at a factory and was refused admittance for that reason. She was killed in the field as she walked home at an hour when no other workers were about. So many mothers have sent teen and young adult daughters off to jobs, out of sheer necessity, and have not seen them return alive at the end of the day.

It did appear that the authors of the book suspected multiple perpetrators from the same social groupings that you describe, and they further suggested individuals have been framed by the guilty in some cases. In 2002-03, I visited Ciudad Juarez briefly three times and although it "appeared" to be a calm city from my vantage point, I knew it was not, and I was not at ease. Now I would not consider entering that city due to the manner in which the violence has escalated.

I applaud any effort to shine investigative light into these brutal murders in Mexico. In my estimation, the crimes have not received nearly the attention they merit.

I am glad you have been working on a theory in connection with these many horrible murders that have occurred over such a long period of time. You could certainly be on the right track in thinking that the individual you have in mind might have some involvement. Would be good to keep looking at him imo.

Even if he's not involved in these cases, it would be very hard to believe he has not re-offended in the 13 years he's been on the run. After all, he's charged with the 1998 sex-slaying of a young Chicago woman seven months after he raped another young woman.

I do not have too much knowledge about this topic, but I did read a book about the subject in Spanish ("Las Hijas de Juarez" by Teresa Rodriguez, Diana Montané and Lisa Pulitzer-2007) which was riveting and very sad. So many women have been targeted as they walk to and from work in the factories outlying the city. One woman that I recall reading about arrived late for work at a factory and was refused admittance for that reason. She was killed in the field as she walked home at an hour when no other workers were about. So many mothers have sent teen and young adult daughters off to jobs, out of sheer necessity, and have not seen them return alive at the end of the day.

The woman you're thinking of is Claudia Ivette Gonzalez. You are correct in that the Lear Corporation factory refused to admit Claudia because she was a few minutes late. She would later be found in a parcel of land along with seven other young women.

You're also correct in that many of these victims were abducted to and from work at the numerous maquiladora factories in Ciudad Juarez. However, a large number of the victims disappeared while they were either downtown looking for work or at a job in a paticular section of the downtown corridor. In fact, that's where a large amount of the missing women from 2008 onward were last seen.

It did appear that the authors of the book suspected multiple perpetrators from the same social groupings that you describe, and they further suggested individuals have been framed by the guilty in some cases. In 2002-03, I visited Ciudad Juarez briefly three times and although it "appeared" to be a calm city from my vantage point, I knew it was not, and I was not at ease. Now I would not consider entering that city due to the manner in which the violence has escalated.

I've never been to Ciudad Juarez, but I went through El Paso, Texas once. When you drive on Interstate 10 you can see the outlying poverty-infested colonias of western and eastern Ciudad Juarez. As much as the entire Mexican side of the US-Mexico border has a high crime rate, Juarez has taken a large brunt of that in the past 20 years. That's mainly because Juarez has the best coveted drug smuggling routes into the United States. Juarez is located at a section where US interstate highways can take you to Los Angeles, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Denver, Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston in less than a day for each individual route. Tijuana/San Diego and Nuevo Laredo/Laredo cannot cover such a wide swath of the United States like Juarez can.

I think another issue with these cases is that people aren't blaming the corrupt police and drug cartels nearly enough. As much as the maquiladora factories may cause working and transport conditions that cause women to be vulnerable, getting rid of them will not cause the horrific serial sexual slayings to stop. Charging the police and the cartels will, unfortunately that's easier said than done.

And there have been so many scapegoats in these cases that the average reader will have a hard time determining who's guilty and who's innocent. However that's what happens when you have a local police force that only requires a high school degree to get into and is corrupted by drug money.

I applaud any effort to shine investigative light into these brutal murders in Mexico. In my estimation, the crimes have not received nearly the attention they merit.

That is a problem with both the American and Mexican media. The Mexican media will report on what the corrupt authorities tell them and any implication of the police or a Mexican Cartel member will endanger the journalist's life.

American media hasn't as much of a focus on cartel violence and cartel related crime along the US-Mexico border as they should. You cannot look at these serial sexual femicides and not blame the Juarez Drug Cartel at least. These murders started in the exact same year (1993) in Ciudad Juarez when the Carrillo Fuentes Family took over the Juarez corridor. These murders spread to Ciudad Chihuahua around the exact same time when the Juarez Cartel moved it's base of operations to Ciudad Chihuahua.

From 2004-2007, a rogue spin-off of the Arellano-Felix organization in Tijuana, Mexico named Los Palillos carried out 13 kidnappings in San Diego, County, California. Of the 13 kidnapped victims, nine were killed. Several of the members are now wanted fugitives. With nine murder victims you would expect a large amount of national American media attention on the case but it was largely ignored except for 2 two-part profiles on America's Most Wanted.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/august/southwest-border3/border-violence

So perhaps he got wind that family members had become informants.

Do you have an opinion on the rest of my theory?

I think your theory is great! Anything is possible, especially with him. He sounds seriously determined to stay miles ahead of the police.

I think another possibility is that there are people helping him to stay under the radar.

What do you guys think about Urbina's involvement in any of the following cases? (There are many others but let's start with these)

Feb 21, 2001: Lilia Alejandra Garcia Andrade (17)
Case: Abducted by Juarez Cartel hitmen while she was walking home from a maquiladora. Held in captivity for five days, raped, tortured and strangled to death. Forensic reports determined she had been bound with police handcuffs. This all came from an FBI report. Her body was found dumped in a Juarez field right near from the maquiladora she worked at.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2003/mar/09/features.magazine127

Jan 19, 2002: Lourdes Lucero Campos (26)
Case: Found in a ditch next to a drug-trafficking stronghold on the Northeast side of Juarez. Her body showed bite marks which could not be linked to her husband or an alleged boyfriend.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=4j6...ge&q=Lourdes Lucero Campos Stronghold&f=false

Oct 26, 2002: Gloria Rivas Martinez (15)
Case: One of six females who were found raped and killed at a location known as Cristo Negro between 2002-2003. A rumor was reported in a Juarez newspaper that Gloria was held captive and alive for several days in a drug house in western Juarez.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=4j6...page&q=Gloria Rivas Martinez El Norte&f=false
http://www.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-lat-0212/msg00036.html

Prosecutors in Mexico say they have detained one of the FBI’s 10 most-wanted fugitives after 17 years on the run -- a Mexican citizen sought for kidnapping, rape and homicide charges in Chicago, Illinois.

The federal attorney general’s office said Thursday that Fidel Urbina was detained on a U.S. extradition warrant in a tiny hamlet named “El Polvo” in a remote part of the border state of Chihuahua. He was taken into custody without incident Thursday by Interpol and Policia Federal Ministerial.

According to the FBI wanted poster, Urbina is wanted for allegedly beating and raping a woman in March of 1998.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fidel-urbina-fbi-top-ten-most-wanted-fugitive-nabbed-in-mexico/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back