2012.08.08 Zenaida Gonzalez arrested in Orange County

Makes one wonder if they were doing stings at different stores around the area or just this one. If it was just this store being targeted I'd have one guess of who could be behind it. I bet you that Jose and FCA are jumping for joy over this news. Who was it that offered her this job to start with? What she did was wrong. One has to wonder about her math skills being that she carded the person but failed to add it up. KWIM? She just lost some credibility if she had any to start with. I'm still behind her in her case against FCA, but this probably threw a wrench in the mix.

I hope I'm not sounding like I am making excuses for ZFG, but she was working, and maybe made a bad mistake, or simply did not do her job. She sold 1 can of loco to an underage person. IMO, its not the crime of the century.

If she was caught selling crack - thats huge, this, not so much. She was caught in a liquor store sting operation by LE, and will now have to answer this charge. Its not a good thing, but maybe is only getting mentioned due to her pending civil case.

My best friend worked at a liquor store for a few years, part-time. Every few months or so LE would undercover underage people in to try to buy--it wasn't just her store, it would be city-wide. It's a bad deal if you happen to screw up. You get in trouble and the liquor store gets shut down.

They make some darn good fake id's these days, too.

Zenaida Gonzalez arrested in Orange County

Was she 'babysitting...again? :rolleyes:

FCA prolly wouldn't be able to get past Zanny having a J-O-B. "Whassat?"

I'll be curious to see if this was the only time and only store and only clerk targeted.

If this had been your average clerk on any average Friday night you wouldn't have seen this in the news. Are they again targeting (profiling) her DUE to the "Casey Anthony" case? Even though she obviously made a mistake in calculating the age of the purchaser, since she did bother to check the ID, I believe it was an honest mistake on her part. This sounds like grounds for another deflamation case to me.

If this had been your average clerk on any average Friday night you wouldn't have seen this in the news. Are they again targeting (profiling) her DUE to the "Casey Anthony" case? Even though she obviously made a mistake in calculating the age of the purchaser, since she did bother to check the ID, I believe it was an honest mistake on her part. This sounds like grounds for another deflamation case to me.

I think this will really help Morgan and Morgan prove her case. How many other arrests of this nature get this much media coverage?

These stings go on all the time. When I used to work for a local newspaper I had to visit the local PD's every Monday and pull any relevent news stories from the week's arrests. Of course, the name Zenaida Gonzalez would have popped immediately as I was sifting through deciding which arrests were newsworthy or not and of course that would be included as she is definitely of interest due to the case and the lawsuit.

These stings go on all the time. When I used to work for a local newspaper I had to visit the local PD's every Monday and pull any relevent news stories from the week's arrests. Of course, the name Zenaida Gonzalez would have popped immediately as I was sifting through deciding which arrests were newsworthy or not and of course that would be included as she is definitely of interest due to the case and the lawsuit.

Of course these type of stings go on alot. That's not the point. The question is, were other stores targeted that night or JUST THE STORE that ZG works for. If I were Morgan I would check that out and want to have paper work that proves hers wasn't the only store being checked that night. If it were just HER STORE then I would tend to believe that she's being targeted, then I would want to find out by who. KWIM?
It wouldn't help this case as she did wrong by selling to a minor. But it would help her case on FCA if they can prove that only her store were checked that night and that she's being singled out. Oakie doekie.

Of course these type of stings go on alot. That's not the point. The question is, were other stores targeted that night or JUST THE STORE that ZG works for. If I were Morgan I would check that out and want to have paper work that proves hers wasn't the only store being checked that night. If it were just HER STORE then I would tend to believe that she's being targeted, then I would want to find out by who. KWIM?
It wouldn't help this case as she did wrong by selling to a minor. But it would help her case on FCA if they can prove that only her store were checked that night and that she's being singled out. Oakie doekie.

From my point of view, she sold alcohol to a minor. Period. I don't really care who she is associated with or how many other stores were targeted that particular night...that is all irrelevent. She broke the law. The Shell gas station she works at is very close to my business. There are young people racing up and down Semoran on a regular basis. There have been many accidents involved young people on Semoran and Colonial (which is also right down the street from this Shell). Selling an underage drinker 4 cans of 4LOKO is a recipe for disaster IMO. These stings are ongoing and, at least when I worked the cop news beat, went down all the time. Florida has very strict laws on this...ask any bartender that's been caught serving a minor.

"This was a routine compliance check that our agents perform on a regular basis at the Department's licensed establishments. The case will be provided to the local state attorney's office for prosecution," Division spokeswoman Sandi Poreda said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl.../16182246/-/r9xus6/-/index.html#ixzz240O5IVfi

From my point of view, she sold alcohol to a minor. Period. I don't really care who she is associated with or how many other stores were targeted that particular night...that is all irrelevent. She broke the law. The Shell gas station she works at is very close to my business. There are young people racing up and down Semoran on a regular basis. There have been many accidents involved young people on Semoran and Colonial (which is also right down the street from this Shell). Selling an underage drinker 4 cans of 4LOKO is a recipe for disaster IMO. These stings are ongoing and, at least when I worked the cop news beat, went down all the time. Florida has very strict laws on this...ask any bartender that's been caught serving a minor.

"This was a routine compliance check that our agents perform on a regular basis at the Department's licensed establishments. The case will be provided to the local state attorney's office for prosecution," Division spokeswoman Sandi Poreda said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl.../16182246/-/r9xus6/-/index.html#ixzz240O5IVfi

Yes, Reality Orlando, she did break the law and I agree with you that that fact shouldn't be minimized; although I'm not sure that was the point of anyone's post.

The salient point, for me, is that a violation of this "routine check" is so important that it makes "Breaking News" headlined in the video that you linked. Two minutes and seven seconds were dedicated to this breaking news. LOL, would that have happened had Zenaida not been embroiled in the accusations of Casey Anthony to begin with? No, I doubt we would have ever heard of it, routine as it is.

That is what may be favorable for Zenaida's legal team as it proves to underscore her assertion that her life has been (and evidently will continue to be) negatively impacted by Casey's initial false allegations.
As always it's just :cow:​

Yes, Reality Orlando, she did break the law and I agree with you that that fact shouldn't be minimized; although I'm not sure that was the point of anyone's post.

The salient point, for me, is that a violation of this "routine check" is so important that it makes "Breaking News" headlined in the video that you linked. Two minutes and seven seconds were dedicated to this breaking news. LOL, would that have happened had Zenaida not been embroiled in the accusations of Casey Anthony to begin with? No, I doubt we would have ever heard of it, routine as it is.

That is what may be favorable for Zenaida's legal team as it proves to underscore her assertion that her life has been (and evidentially will continue to be) negatively impacted by Casey's initial false allegations.

BBM
Excellent point!!

That is what may be favorable for Zenaida's legal team as it proves to underscore her assertion that her life has been (and evidentially will continue to be) negatively impacted by Casey's initial false allegations.

Thank you for this post. That was what I was trying to get across. You made the point much better than I. Sometimes people get me, as in understand me. I've said it most of my life. I am the most misunderstood person that I know. I'm glad that you got the point that I was trying to make and again, thank you.

when I used to wait tables I always worried this might happen to me....I dont know if the laws are different from state to state but in mine, you were to ID anyone who looked under 35, and this was irrelevant of their actual age - if the person looked under 35 and you didnt card them even if they were 26 or 30, you STILL could get busted ...I thought that was very unfair as the look of someone's age isnt exactly objective is it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back