940 users online (152 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150
Results 2,236 to 2,248 of 2248
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkg005 View Post
    I have wondered if the pepper was found by forensics or if BSL gave that information. At first I felt that he was a fool to believe he thought he could get away with this but now after hearing more about things that he did he was quite above the norm with his thought process. Look how long it took to convict him for Lisa's murder and no telling how many more. I fear to believe that if it wasn't for the pictures of the DWT and Mickey's stand against him he may still be on the streets planning his next attack.
    That is because he has most likely done that before, and it worked.

I'm still waiting to hear more media attention concerning Ali Lowitzer.
    It's very quiet.

I can only imagine how her family feels knowing that BSL was sly enough to cover Mickeys grave in red pepper to throw everyone off.

Can someone please post a link to where it has been stated about the pepper? Not certain this is factual evidence. - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laffy Taffy View Post
    Can someone please post a link to where it has been stated about the pepper? Not certain this is factual evidence. - thanks
    "Hey Guys,

Yesterday morning was real iffy regarding the weather. The picture someone posted of Mickey in her pancho, sure made me throw caution to the wind. My attutide was adjusted to "Let's go play in the rain."

Wow! Thinking back, it was great to touch those connected to the Summer of Mickey. Also, surprising was how we were interconnected in so many ways. The feeling of oneness was prevelant.

I was able to speak with Equuisearch members who I had spend time in the woods with and shared bottled water. When Bev got up to speak to the crowd, there was a roar of apprections for Tim Miller's group. The only moment that surpassed that volume, was Mayor Durel mentioning the possible new bike path being named Mickey Shunick Way.

I noticed four people in front of me with Ali Lowitzer shirts on. I recognized her Mom and thanked them for making the drive over, identifying myself as a WS member. They were happy that Mickey's case was resolved so quickly. I acknowledged their ongoing angst and told her we were praying for them. A tear flowed from her eye and I asked if I could give her a hug.

Chicken Fried had posted what he would be wearing, I didn't see it until later. But, I picked him out as he walked by my wife and I, not sure how that happened, but it did. We shared a couple of beers, thoughts, and a bike ride together.

I spoke with Chief Craft for a few minutes. He was very relaxed and easy to talk to. I asked what the story was on the bike grips. He said there was only one found, couldn't remember if it was on the bike or not, and no dna was on it. We moved to forensics and he said that BSL/POS had put cayenne pepper on the grave to keep animals and dogs away. They did check out the area with dogs and did not turn up anything else. I told him they did a great job. Oh, and he did say that BSL had no remorse, only fear of the needle.

Mickey's uncle and WS member Towerguy was there with his family. CF, my wife and I spoke with them at length. They are great people, and were prolific WS readers and again expressed gratitude for what we have done on this forum.

Some have commented about the crowd size, hundreds not thousands. Time goes by and people move on, in addition to the rain. But, the intimacy of the crowd was palpable (I like using that word for some reason). I spoke to many of Mickey's friends and to Nancy Shunick, real intimate conversations that the celebration enabled.

Let's hang onto that piece of Mickey that lives in our hearts and never let it fade away!"

-IMPondering

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8405922

Quote Originally Posted by Laffy Taffy View Post
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8405922"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP[/ame]

No MSM link. Just one from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post
    That is because he has most likely done that before, and it worked.

I'm still waiting to hear more media attention concerning Ali Lowitzer.
    It's very quiet.

I can only imagine how her family feels knowing that BSL was sly enough to cover Mickeys grave in red pepper to throw everyone off.
    Googled, cayenne pepper deters animals, interesting info

Back in my USMC days, black pepper was used to disguise pot from the dogs, and every now and then they would bring them through the barracks. Half of the time they would not find the pot, . So pepper has been around for the purpose of throwing off dogs for decades.
    it seems that the crime is still being weighed here--so IMO if some sort of machine was used, small dozer, etc., then there're questions of where he attained this apparatus
    on loan from what person. Now, someone who worked on a cane field digging trenches
    so they could set the field on fire might let him borrow/help him.
    Last edited by Ixchel13; 10-10-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: irrelevacy
    Faith, Hope, and Love

I'm not sure if this has been posted (Sorry if it has) but I am reading something about someone that was a jailhouse lawyer and journalist who was in the same dormitory as BSL when BSL was in C. Phelps Correctional Center.

He said that in mid 2005, Brandon approached him about being nervous concerning a murder change that may be brought against him. He didn't disclose any information about the crime, but was very apprehensive regarding his legal options.
    He did not say 'I never killed anyone' or any of that.

BSL only wanted to know the legal options that he may have if he was discharged and had a murder charge brought against him.

Upon his release from prison, Brandon called this guy up, boasting about how well he was doing with his new offshore job, his new truck, and being married.
    He quickly said how he was wondering if this guy could possibly get him removed from the sex offender registry. The man told BSL he was not familiar with sex registration laws. After that, BSL never talked/contact the dude again.

As I'm reading this, it says that Lisa Pate was murdered at a hotel.
    If I read right, she was killed at Brandons hope right?

It then goes onto say that although he missed the DP with Lisa and Mickey, he might still receive it concerning Ali Lowitzer.

Anyway, here's the article for anyone interested.

http://www.capitalpunishmentbook.com/?p=717

@ Crimson Clover
    "BBM
    Stupid is. Stupid does. Heard the profession across my own kitchen table. Swatted the thinkin off like a mosquito on my nose.

Stupid is smoking...then, coughing. Stupid is drinking...then, driving. Stupid is winning the lottery...then, committing suicide. Stupid's alot of things. Stupid... was not Ms. Mickey on the night of her demise.

She rode in freedom. Aware, yet without inhibition. Like an astronaut on the shuttle into space. Like a bullrider on an 8 second ride. Like a firefighter entering a blaze. Aware, yet without inhibition. An inner calling to face inner fears, with liberty...and just do it.

Chalk it up to fate...destiny...? Yes. I believe so. And in that fate we have now witnessed, knowing Michaela 'Mickey' Shunick...are we inclined to ride free? To...just do it? I wanna walk the Camino de Santiago bout now! Thank you, Ms. Mickey!

Melodramatic, I assume. (Just how my head rolls!)"

Crimson, you have such an uncanny way with words, that are truly from the heart. And these words put things in such perspective for the rest of us. Melodramatic? Not at all! And your "head rolls" just fine- it just rolls much faster than mine!
    Kinda makes me want to walk the Camino de Santiago with you... only I'm not sure what the Camino de Santiago is!

I'm not sure if this has been posted (Sorry if it has) but I am reading something about someone that was a jailhouse lawyer and journalist who was in the same dormitory as BSL when BSL was in C. Phelps Correctional Center.

He said that in mid 2005, Brandon approached him about being nervous concerning a murder change that may be brought against him. He didn't disclose any information about the crime, but was very apprehensive regarding his legal options.

BSL only wanted to know the legal options that he may have if he was discharged and had a murder charge brought against him.

Upon his release from prison, Brandon called this guy up, boasting about how well he was doing with his new offshore job, his new truck, and being married.
    He quickly said how he was wondering if this guy could possibly get him removed from the sex offender registry. The man told BSL he was not familiar with sex registration laws. After that, BSL never talked/contact the dude again.

It then goes onto say that although he missed the DP with Lisa and Mickey, he might still receive it concerning Ali Lowitzer.

Wow so he feared being arrested for murder once released from prison and wanted to know what his options were. Appears he felt there were only two, have his sex offender registration removed and murder someone else. Obviously taking someone's life was not a issue to him, so how many more victims are there?

I remember the day I first saw Mickey's picture and thought what a beautiful girl she was I didn't realize that I was seeing the face of an angel that would end up saving the lives of so many by her strength and courageous fight for her life and put BSL away to where he will never take another life.

RIP Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Jkg005 View Post
    Thanks for the info Foxfire! So so many questions. Who would have thought cayenne pepper?
    Twenty years ago, I was told pepper would discourage our Shetland pony from chewing my back door. I did not have cayenne pepper and I was not allowed to drive because my son was less than a week old. I decided to substitute. Crazy me.... I brushed hot sauce on the door! It seems the pony was pure Cajun and ate a hole in the door!

Quote Originally Posted by kjnmom View Post
    Twenty years ago, I was told pepper would discourage our Shetland pony from chewing my back door. I did not have cayenne pepper and I was not allowed to drive because my son was less than a week old. I decided to substitute. Crazy me.... I brushed hot sauce on the door! It seems the pony was pure Cajun and ate a hole in the door!
    That is just too funny!

Thanks for posting the above link. I was quite surprised when I was told by a reliable source that he put 1400 miles on the car that he had rented but the 9000 telephone numbers blows me away. I have been working forty years and I couldn't put a dent in that many phone numbers.

Thanx for the link, OceanMettheSky..

I thought the comments very interesting.... 'Don't think we will ever truly understand the importance of the courageous sacrifice that Mickey Shunick made on 05/19/2012'.
    Last edited by Foxfire; 10-16-2012 at 02:54 AM.

I'm going to close this very long thread now. Please continue here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187902"]Brandon Scott Lavergne - New Evidence Revealed - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150