1064 users online (204 members and 860 guests)  

Websleuths News

Young 'history detectives' track 1900s serial killer

Isaiah Hite and his younger brother, Eli Hite, had no clue their investigation into the 1909 poisoning death of a teenager would lead to the discovery of a serial killer.

The Hite brothers were among 10 youngsters ages 10 to 14 from Topeka and Lawrence taking part in the five-day History Detectives summer camp recently taught by history instructor Anne Hawkins at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library.

The suspected killer was Mary Troy, female and African American
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

web sleuthers in the making
    neat idea for a camp- get them brains thinking

I know I'm a little old to qualify, but I'd love to go to this camp.

I would have loved to go to a summer camp like this when I was that age.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite