Sidebar Discussion #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
OK, let's try this again peeps.

If a post here violates TOS (including visual bashing, name-calling/name-variations, bashing other posters, or personal attacks upon or baiting of those who do not hold a certain viewpoint), the appropriate course of action is to Alert on the post, and MOVE ON.

If you repeatedly find yourself unable to engage in a civil, rational dialogue with another poster, PUT THEM ON IGNORE. (The link here explains this feature and how to use it.)

The Sidebar thread has been on Time Off for 23 hours and 45 minutes, and from all appearances this has caused many of our posters great distress and angst.

Before you post in this thread, consider that distress and angst and imagine if it were multiplied by several days, or worse--if the Sidebar just went away for good.

Think before you hit that "Post Reply" button.

(And please note that there are no noms or drinks or swim-up bars in this Sidebar. :notgood: )

Now thank this post to show that you understand what is expected of you, and carry on.

What thread lol? ;)

You've got a point there....:floorlaugh: .....I hate when we are on lockout..especially when it's for same old same old.....:maddening: will we never "get it"? It's always the same - yakidy yak..... .:poke: :deadhorse: :slap: :ufo:

Brought this over from the Attorney thread.

LG makes a very, very good point. I strongly suggest y'all heed the message. ;)

I am strongly urging you guys to use the ignore feature. :banghead: That appears to be the only thing that is gonna save your beloved sidebar thread from going away permanently. If y'all choose not to use it and know you can't restrain yourselves from taking the bait, then all we are left to believe is that you enjoy the bickering. We're mod short with a ton of hot cases here now & we just don't have time for that carp anymore.

If you see it starting to brew, I would suggest coming back to these opening mod posts and bumping them all as a reminder BEFORE a mod gets here.

Please continue here and mind Beach's and YNot's warnings above.

Thanks,

Salem

I don't get it. Was thread 11 also shut down (like 10 was)?

I don't know if it was shut down, or what. What i do know, is that the passion that all or most feel about Caylee and all that went on before..during...and after gets re-hashed and thought through, with mostly brilliant thought provoking words.......and then human nature takes over. Damn the printed word!!! ( JK ) It's one thing that computers can't seem to figure out, we can't see facial expressions, read body language etc. Sometimes it's such a pain in the arse! Thank you MODS for allowing us to stay here, and come here...for Caylee.

It was 58 pages long and think the mods just thought it was time to start over.

:lurk:

Ricki said:
It has been abnormally quiet in here. I see JB's book is rebounding some. Must be doing some damage control. KC gets out on Wednesday I believe. I would suppose that will be all over the news but I hope it isn't. I won't be around after today until mid week. Just saying so no one post missing flyers LOL

Actually, I believe, it will be Tuesday, August 21st...

And let's all HOPE that Karma isn't far behind her.... :skip:

:lurk:

Actually, I believe, it will be Tuesday, August 21st...

And let's all HOPE that Karma isn't far behind her.... :skip:

Yup, It's kinda like when you catch yourself dreaming about winning the big Power Ball game, the endless possibilities. I can think of all kinds of scenarios for FCA!!

The official last day of her sentence is August 23rd, according to HHBP's order. I provided the link to the order in thread 10 and 11. Sorry I'm on my phone or I'd post it again.

No when threads get too long, mods make a new one so we don't have to worry about loading so many pages of posts. Thanks Mods!

Thank you Sleutherontheside for posting this link in the news thread: https://www.facebook.com/St.ThomasUniversity?rf=115878311770431

46 pics of people wanting JB's autograph. And posing to get pictures with him. Standing in line. People seated five deep to listen to him.

It amazes and depresses me that he has support.

Probably required attendance for the law students.
Free food + college student = "I'll be there".
7 "lucky winners" got a free copy of his book. There were 7 people posing with him holding the book. I guess they were the "lucky" ones.
Funny seeing him posing in these pictures with other people. Just emphasizes how short he really is. Hi Jose :seeya:

Didn't this horror happen in Colorado? Can JB practice law in another state ?

'Dark Knight Rises'
Victim's Family Hires
Casey Anthony Lawyer

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/dark-knight-rises-victim-family-casey-anthony-lawyer-jose-baez/

So now he's a civil attorney?

I was so annoyed reading this. I didn't know Baez could practice law in Colorado first of all. Second of all... REALLY? Just makes my blood boil.
She says " Rebecca would love these attorneys. As a mom, she'd want her girls to have the truth. As a daughter, she'd insist I find that truth for them."

Does she know who Jose Baez is? Gimmie a break. And then she brings the 5 year old daughter into it?!?
I am sorry that this family lost a member in such a tragic way... Its a terrible situation. But there is no truth to be found in suing the theater. There is a hope of a payout. IMO.

Jose Baez to find the truth... pffffttttt... :floorlaugh:

I was so annoyed reading this. I didn't know Baez could practice law in Colorado first of all. Second of all... REALLY? Just makes my blood boil.
She says " Rebecca would love these attorneys. As a mom, she'd want her girls to have the truth. As a daughter, she'd insist I find that truth for them."

Does she know who Jose Baez is? Gimmie a break. And then she brings the 5 year old daughter into it?!?
I am sorry that this family lost a member in such a tragic way... Its a terrible situation. But there is no truth to be found in suing the theater. There is a hope of a payout. IMO.

I was surprised when I read that about the 5 year old too. Would a 5 year old child really question how someone got into the theater??? And the suing, that won't change anything :-(

You echoed all of my thoughts. Now he's going to advocate for a victim? Trying to rehab his image? #fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth