Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidebar Discussion #12

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    Uggh. I have such a bad taste in my mouth! I just read about JB on TMZ. I came straight here and posted it in the news thread then came here and saw it already posted, I'm so glad someone else saw it!

This whole thing is disgusting. I feel so much for the victims and their families. Who in their right mind would choose JB for this job?

Doesn't he have to apply to even work in that state? Does Co. let any lawyer practice there?
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Insomnia Momma For This Useful Post:

Best line from a Rag site ever!

"Baez is best known as the lead lawyer in the Casey Anthony case. After helping that accused murderer go free, he wrote a book in which he detailed Anthony's perceived mental issues.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...nt-colorado-s/

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
    Uggh. I have such a bad taste in my mouth! I just read about JB on TMZ. I came straight here and posted it in the news thread then came here and saw it already posted, I'm so glad someone else saw it!

This whole thing is disgusting. I feel so much for the victims and their families. Who in their right mind would choose JB for this job?

Doesn't he have to apply to even work in that state? Does Co. let any lawyer practice there?
    Did they choose JB or did he chase after them? Ambulance chaser desparate for $$$$$$$?

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kaki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    Thank you Sleutherontheside for posting this link in the news thread: https://www.facebook.com/St.ThomasUn...15878311770431

46 pics of people wanting JB's autograph. And posing to get pictures with him. Standing in line. People seated five deep to listen to him.

It amazes and depresses me that he has support.
    What a hoot! Now we know why the surge in sales last week - JB had to buy them to sell at his old school.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Would love to know what this guy is saying! Note JB has book open and ready but pen is not in writing position!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

That clapping looks obligatory and several of those hands together palm pat type claps!

BTW - Is it me, or does that suit make him look puffy? Did he even wear a belt? Very sloppy. No tie or pocket square - hard times Jose?
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 08-20-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: fix link

7. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    Thank you Sleutherontheside for posting this link in the news thread: https://www.facebook.com/St.ThomasUn...15878311770431

46 pics of people wanting JB's autograph. And posing to get pictures with him. Standing in line. People seated five deep to listen to him.

It amazes and depresses me that he has support.
    It neither amazes nor depresses me. In order to accept some of the nonsense I see just about everywhere, I have to put things in perspective: We live in a world where the abnormal fascinates. Our society is for the most part voyeuristic. And too many people are in favor of justice only when injustice is done to them personally; they do not care so much when injustice happens to others. Think back to OJ, when he was on the run in his white Bronco...citizens were lining the streets chanting, "Go, OJ, go!" The man butchered two people, yet average ordinary everyday people wanted him to win.

Of course Baez will have supporters. As will the baby killer. Just remember that when Karma finally caught up with OJ, there was barely a handful of people who spoke out on his behalf. The rest of the world had no use for him.

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    What a hoot! Now we know why the surge in sales last week - JB had to buy them to sell at his old school.

Would love to know what this guy is saying! Note JB has book open and ready but pen is not in writing position!

That clapping looks obligatory and several of those hands together palm pat type claps!

BTW - Is it me, or does that suit make him look puffy? Did he even wear a belt? Very sloppy. No tie or pocket square - hard times Jose?
    OOOHH I also would love to know what he's saying !!! To me it doesn't look like JB is smiling LOL

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to grammieto5 For This Useful Post:

Hey everyone!

Been so busy moving I've hardly had time to skim the posts here. I'm on a TMZ-free diet after what they did to the Olympians, but oi I can't believe this news that one of the Colorado victims went with JB. Sad. I understand it's hard to think clearly in wake of a huge tragedy like that, but really now? If he takes a low-profile case just to work at some point in the future, that's what will make my jaw drop from shock.

Interested to see what end of parole means for the felon! I keep seeing this girl around my neighborhood that looks JUST like her from behind (not the front though) and my heart has skipped a beat a few times. Glad she's not in my 'hood, but feel sympathy for whomsoever's she is in!

Well, just wanted to say hello to everyone Back to cleaning!

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Color me confused... Why would anyone hire JB for a jaywalking ticket much less a civil suit? I'm worried for these people as they cannot be thinking clearly. Is it really true? Any msm reporting this out of Florida? Now JB is a jack of all trades (certainly a master of none) but how can he practice in Colorado, and did he contact them? Oh gosh I so hope this is not true. I don't want to see him take advantage of another dead child. Oh gee please tell me this isn't true.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

of the FB of a new station here in CO they posted this story from TMZ and my response was

I didn't know Jose Baez was a civil attorney and able to practice in Colorado...I would prefer not to see him around Colorado. All he does is spew lies and these families will never know the "truth" if they think he can get it because he doesn't know what the "truth" is about anything.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on the interwebz. I am just a "reasonable person"

HHJP: "I.Am.Not.Stopping.Anymore.For.You.To.Get.A.Fi le."

HHJP:
    "I WILL WORK YOU ALL DAY SATURDAY" LOVE HIM!

"You have never studied that because of course, you haven't studied that." -Jose Baez

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Please tell me that we haven't given up getting this book the DP.

Product Details
    Hardcover: 480 pages
    Publisher: BenBella Books (July 3, 2012)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1937856380
    ISBN-13: 978-1937856380
    Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.1 inches
    Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
    Average Customer Review: 2.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (430 customer reviews)
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,125 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #46 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

I am not sure if this is the right place for this ... but is she finished probation ?

I am not sure of the exact date ... TIA !

It's just a matter of time ...

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jayarre View Post
    Sounds like they want others to join them in a class action suit.

She continues, "I've engaged a firm large enough to help us all. I am confident in their expertise and appreciate their making this a priority.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/dark-k...#ixzz245p0oDET
    How does one think that JB has a LARGE law firm and expertise. Is JB bringing Judge Perry with him because it seems to me I remember Judge Perry instructing him pretty much every step of the way with KC's case? Before KC's case they were experts in DUI cases. I don't think much of that has changed. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

I cannot believe how much this disturbs me. Just another opportunity for Jose to get his face in the news without practicing law. Kinda like the missing Aruba woman case - what did he do in that one? Oh yeah, brought Giordano home on a plane.

Does this woman not realize he is a defense attorney? Does she not realize there are thousands of civil attorneys who probably specialize in this exact type of lawsuit? Some of whom have probably established an excellent reputation with outstanding settlements? Jeez . . . it just never ends!!

(I especially liked the fact that the mother of the victim wants the "truth". Uh. . . . ok then.)
    Just My Opinion, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    Please tell me that we haven't given up getting this book the DP.

Product Details
    Hardcover: 480 pages
    Publisher: BenBella Books (July 3, 2012)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1937856380
    ISBN-13: 978-1937856380
    Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1.7 x 9.1 inches
    Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
    Average Customer Review: 2.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (430 customer reviews)
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,125 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #46 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem
    Nope, still watching the saran wrap reviews and voting them down. I have yet to see a 5 star make a valid point to recommend the book. It would be better if they would just say, Poor JB got no money, gonna loose his home - please help him.......

21. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Nope, still watching the saran wrap reviews and voting them down. I have yet to see a 5 star make a valid point to recommend the book. It would be better if they would just say, Poor JB got no money, gonna loose his home - please help him.......
    I think that would make an excellent 5* review
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

23. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to lisalei321 For This Useful Post:

Reminds me of the time the Big 8 accounting firms (yes, I'm old...lol) came to my campus. We got 3 extra credit points for each firm we visited and from whom we got a signed form. 24 points on the final!? I was at every table.

Quote Originally Posted by IfIMay View Post
    Reminds me of the time the Big 8 accounting firms (yes, I'm old...lol) came to my campus. We got 3 extra credit points for each firm we visited and from whom we got a signed form. 24 points on the final!? I was at every table.
    When I looked at those photos I wondered how much extra credit each student was going to get for having a signed book by Jose with them in class. That's the only way I can see a large group of them showing up to have him sign a book or listen to him speak. They must get even more extra credit if they have a photo to prove they listened to his drivel about his book and the case.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Haven't read all of it, maybe AZ can peruse? Rules governing out of state lawyers in CO...

http://www.cobar.org/tcl/tcl_article...articleid=2095
    Proud WS N-LIB

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Heather View Post
    I was so annoyed reading this. I didn't know Baez could practice law in Colorado first of all. Second of all... REALLY? Just makes my blood boil.
    She says " Rebecca would love these attorneys. As a mom, she'd want her girls to have the truth. As a daughter, she'd insist I find that truth for them."

Does she know who Jose Baez is? Gimmie a break. And then she brings the 5 year old daughter into it?!?
    I am sorry that this family lost a member in such a tragic way... Its a terrible situation. But there is no truth to be found in suing the theater. There is a hope of a payout. IMO.

Jose Baez to find the truth... pffffttttt...
    That article sounds like a "5 star reviewer" wrote it. Why does everything that comes from jb's camp sound the same?

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shotzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Haven't read all of it, maybe AZ can peruse? Rules governing out of state lawyers in CO...

http://www.cobar.org/tcl/tcl_article...articleid=2095
    I don't think this latest "news" concerning Baez' "new client" has a darn thing to do with lawyering, civil cases, or whether or not he can practice in the state of Colorado!

Think about EVERYTHING you know about Jose....his past "business endeavors (think bikini companies, false charities, etc)....

Then recall exactly what he DID accomplish during his representation of Casey Anthony.....successfully brokering deals for "licensing fees" for pics of Caylee (and pocketing quite a generous percentage himself!)...

THIS....as was his announcement of representation in the Aruba case is, in my opinion, just another attempt by Mr. Baez to play the role of Public Relation Broker...

I don't think he has any intention at all in actually filing this particular CIVIL lawsuit, nor following it through to the end....

I think his only goal is to attempt to create and broker a media tour for this grieving mother and attempt to solicit as many licensing fee agreements as possible of "new" photos of this victim, as well as (God forbid) her young distraught daughter...

Who the heck you think fed the story to TMZ in the first place??!!

IMO, Baez knows he suc*& in a courtroom, can't figure out for the life of himself how to file cases, or even the word the simplest of motions, so in a last ditch attempt at supporting himself, has now used the lessons he DID learn from the Casey case (and it wasn't law!) to create a new career for himself!

Baez is High Profile Again

Just saw on HLN that Baez has taken on civil suits for 2 of the Colorado shooting victims. Said he has gathered the country's "top lawyers" to pursue these cases. I guess some people were impressed.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:

Just posted an article from the Boston Herald in the news thread. I'd like to see proof of the "death threats".

Casey Anthony’s year of probation is ending this week, but when she will be released from state supervision is being kept secret because of death threats.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8282337&postcount=623"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by elementary View Post
    Just saw on HLN that Baez has taken on civil suits for 2 of the Colorado shooting victims. Said he has gathered the country's "top lawyers" to pursue these cases. I guess some people were impressed.
    I imagine he follows every "high profile" case for the $$$. I don't doubt for one minute it was his idea to insert himself into the GZ case.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Just posted an article from the Boston Herald in the news thread. I'd like to see proof of the "death threats".

Casey Anthony’s year of probation is ending this week, but when she will be released from state supervision is being kept secret because of death threats.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**
    But... she can't make a big splash if she's worried ya know. kind of paints her into a corner, eh? Bigger target on her back?

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to IfIMay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IfIMay View Post
    AaaaHaaa! I wondered about that. Extra credits for attending and free paper to help make a bon fire on the beach.

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast