1015 users online (273 members and 742 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

AL - Man fights to keep wife buried in front yard

Alabama Man Fights to Keep Wife Buried in Front Yard
    STEVENSON, Ala. (AP) — James Davis is fighting to keep the remains of his late wife right where he dug her grave: In the front yard of his home, just a few feet from the porch.

Davis said he was only abiding by Patsy Ruth Davis' wishes when he buried her outside their log home in 2009, yet the city sued to move the body elsewhere. A county judge ordered Davis to disinter his wife, but the ruling is on hold as the Alabama Civil Court of Appeals considers his challenge.

Davis, 73, said he never expected such a fight.

"Good Lord, they've raised pigs in their yard, there's horses out the road here in a corral in the city limits, they've got other gravesites here all over the place," said Davis. "And there shouldn't have been a problem."
    much more at AP link above

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    "So if they order her to be moved, it's a death sentence to me. I'll meet Mama sooner than I planned on it."

that statement worries me ... he's either already extremely depressed or he's a manipulative person using emotional blackmail

either way, not really emotionally healthy

however, I wouldn't want to be the homeowner living across from him having to look at a gravesite and watching my property value spiral down because they're having visitations in their front yard

he should've got the proper approvals before he did it

we can't even bury our pets in our yards here but if we did, we wouldn't be doing it at the front of the house

Upstate NY
    Robert Frost, 'Home Burial.'

"The wonder is I didn't see at once.
    I never noticed it from here before.
    I must be wonted to it—that's the reason.
    The little graveyard where my people are!
    So small the window frames the whole of it.
    Not so much larger than a bedroom, is it?
    There are three stones of slate and one of marble,
    Broad-shouldered little slabs there in the sunlight
    On the sidehill. We haven't to mind those.
    But I understand: it is not the stones,
    But the child's mound——"

"Don't, don't, don't, don't," she cried.

I think they need to leave her be....rebel that I am.

As Ennis Cosby was buried on his family's estate in Massachusetts

I say leave the man alone. I hope Cosby comes to the rescue.

Remains of Alabama woman must be removed from yard, court rules

The justices, in an 8-3 decision that didn't include a written opinion, issued a brief order, agreeing with other courts in saying that Patsy Davis' body must be removed from the front yard in Stevenson where it had been since 2009.
    Just know one thing, I am the majority.

Maybe he could cremate the remains and keep the urn outside on the gravesite. He's not out in the country. His place is on a main street according to the article.

where no man has boldy gone
    Boy the people from Alabama never cease to amaze me. I hope the wife died of natural causes.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.