AL - Man fights to keep wife buried in front yard

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Alabama Man Fights to Keep Wife Buried in Front Yard
STEVENSON, Ala. (AP) — James Davis is fighting to keep the remains of his late wife right where he dug her grave: In the front yard of his home, just a few feet from the porch.

Davis said he was only abiding by Patsy Ruth Davis' wishes when he buried her outside their log home in 2009, yet the city sued to move the body elsewhere. A county judge ordered Davis to disinter his wife, but the ruling is on hold as the Alabama Civil Court of Appeals considers his challenge.

Davis, 73, said he never expected such a fight.

"Good Lord, they've raised pigs in their yard, there's horses out the road here in a corral in the city limits, they've got other gravesites here all over the place," said Davis. "And there shouldn't have been a problem."
---
much more at AP link above

"So if they order her to be moved, it's a death sentence to me. I'll meet Mama sooner than I planned on it."

that statement worries me ... he's either already extremely depressed or he's a manipulative person using emotional blackmail

either way, not really emotionally healthy

however, I wouldn't want to be the homeowner living across from him having to look at a gravesite and watching my property value spiral down because they're having visitations in their front yard

he should've got the proper approvals before he did it

we can't even bury our pets in our yards here but if we did, we wouldn't be doing it at the front of the house

Robert Frost, 'Home Burial.'

Excerpt:
"The wonder is I didn't see at once.
I never noticed it from here before.
I must be wonted to it—that's the reason.
The little graveyard where my people are!
So small the window frames the whole of it.
Not so much larger than a bedroom, is it?
There are three stones of slate and one of marble,
Broad-shouldered little slabs there in the sunlight
On the sidehill. We haven't to mind those.
But I understand: it is not the stones,
But the child's mound——"

"Don't, don't, don't, don't," she cried.

I think they need to leave her be....rebel that I am.

Maybe he could cremate the remains and keep the urn outside on the gravesite. He's not out in the country. His place is on a main street according to the article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back