GUILTY KS - Ashleigh Geist for child rape, Olathe, 2012

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/...girl-accused-of-sodomizing-toddler/index.html

http://fox4kc.com/2012/08/02/friends-say-teen-accused-of-molesting-child-was-victim-herself/

Ashleigh Geist

Because of the age of the victim, the Johnson County District Attorney is seeking a life sentence. But less than three months ago, Geist was working with prosecutors, this time as the victim testifying against her father.

David Geist Sr., 40, was convicted of two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child. He’s currently serving more than five years in prison.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/...girl-accused-of-sodomizing-toddler/index.html

http://fox4kc.com/2012/08/02/friends-say-teen-accused-of-molesting-child-was-victim-herself/

Ashleigh Geist

Because of the age of the victim, the Johnson County District Attorney is seeking a life sentence. But less than three months ago, Geist was working with prosecutors, this time as the victim testifying against her father.

David Geist Sr., 40, was convicted of two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child. He’s currently serving more than five years in prison.

I have to say, given that she is only 18, and just testified against her father, because she was abused as a child, I feel very sympathetic towards her. I don't think she deserves Life in prison. I know that many perps and sex offenders are victims. But she is still so young. This is a horrible outcome.

Life? interesting consider her father only got five years.

The 3 year old is not related to her. I hope she geta treatment but the being a victim herself is not going to cut it for a defence IMO

1. She reported her father which shows she knew it was wrong.
then she recanted her statement.

2 . She reported her father AGAIN when her sister was also abused.

Clearly she shows that she is aware that molestation is illegal and harmful and not something so should do, as he own father is in jail for it.

I do not care if she was a victim, that doesn't give her a free pass to do the same thing to another child. She should have gotten help before she abused another, so now it's to late and I hope she rots in jail for life, a far better sentence then she deserves.

leanaí;8280751 said:
I do not care if she was a victim, that doesn't give her a free pass to do the same thing to another child. She should have gotten help before she abused another, so now it's to late and I hope she rots in jail for life, a far better sentence then she deserves.

You're probably right. But her father only got 5 yrs. So it doesn't seem fair that she would get life. jmo

While I find what she did is disgusting, I do feel for her. She was abused for years by her father, and even though 18, she isn't a mature adult yet.

The father should get life because he destroyed his daughter's life and now this other innocent child's life.

JMO

Heinous if true, but I have to point out that she hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Why must it be assumed, as it frequently is in WS titles, that because someone is charged, that person is automatically guilty?

This is why we have the American judicial process, and the doctrine of innocent until proven.

That girl clearly needs treatment!

Am i the only one who notices more and more sexual female molestors popping up?

You're probably right. But her father only got 5 yrs. So it doesn't seem fair that she would get life. jmo

No, father got more than five years. That's exactly how his sentence was described "more than five years."

No, father got more than five years. That's exactly how his sentence was described "more than five years."

Well,it was probably 'close' to five years or they would not have chosen that number to describe it.

My point is only that she is just now 18, and only 3 months ago she was working with the prosecutors to put her father in jail. So she needs some help, for sure. But I don't believe she needs to be in prison forever.

I hate to hear that she was a victim first. It happens I know. The victim grows up and then becomes a perpetrator..... she did what she was taught. She actually followed through on prosecuting her father, and from what you all have said she didn't follow through to get protection for herself, she followed through to protect her sister. That would have been heroic IMO, because she went through a very emotional, degrading and trying time to get her father convicted.

While I hate to see her getting life, because I think it is possible that she could probably benefit from treatment. But she is not the first to have begun as a victim then become a perpetrator. As such I think it would be wrong to allow her to claim victim status in her own case. She deserves to be investigated then if indicated she deserves prosecution. If she cooperates, participates in treatment and cooperates with monitoring then perhaps she could turn things around.

This is one sad story. The girl is molested and then molests another child herself. She knew what she was doing was wrong and she shouldn't have done it. Details weren't given on exactly what she did and if the child was injured in the process. She should be punished and given treatment but not life in prison. Maybe a few years of prison and treatment and then probation......that is, if she cooperates and wants to turn her life around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back