NC NC - Kenneth Mohler, 70, Newton, 16 Aug 2012

shay0903

Verified Expert
Reaction score
http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2012/08/missing-man-ken-mohler-71-hickory-north.html

Ken was working late and possible came upon a robbery at his place of employment. Police are also asking for any information regarding a truck driver who may have parked @ Gregory Wood Products in Newton, NC overnight Aug16-17 to please contact Catawba County Sheriff Dept. Anyone with ANY information please contact authorities in Catawba County.

hope they find this guy soon

This one is not far from where I live. My husband has a friend who lives in this community/area. I will have to ask him about this case.

Praying Mr Mohler is located safe and soon!

Anyone heard anything new today? Thought about driving over to see if they needed more help searching the area but wasnt sure what may be going on. If anyone hears let me know! Thanks!

i've been looking but haven't heard anything yet

Media Tweet: Tony Burbeck WCNC‏@TonyWCNC

" Family says more searchers are coming from pennsylvania to help search for ken Mohler. Also bringing in more 4 wheelers to help get around"

Sounds like this family could use some help!! Lets rally some manpower to help find this man!!!

Newton is in Catawba Co., very close to where Zahra Baker lived. I wonder if anyone would still have a list of people who helped with that search and if they might be willing to help search for Ken?

Different reports of the timeline. One article says he texted his boss Thursday evening and one says early Friday morning. Coworkers found his vehicle Friday morning. Wife, Wendy was expecting him home at 8:30 PM but doesn't call and report him missing? What am I missing?

The weather here in the area is very pleasant this week. Pretty warm for a couple hours in the afternoon but pleasant in the mornings and evenings. Searching in these conditions might be a bit easier than earlier in the summer.

Deputies searched the grounds of Gregory Wood Products for seven hours Friday and found Mohler's truck and glasses. They also found his cell phone and keys buried in the dirt.
Authorities said there was some kind of struggle, but didn't find any weapons or blood.
Saturday an investigator told Eyewitness News they wanted to question a truck driver who may have seen Mohler Thursday. Deputies received a tip that the truck driver parked his truck at Gregory Wood Products Thursday night and left early Friday morning.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/family-searches-missing-catawba-county-man/nRFBg/

On phone and cant link, but body found here in dallas in a semi has still not been id'd....is that too far?
Prob a longshot...

In first link in OP it mentions he was in a custody fight for his granddaughter???? Do we know anything else about this?

I've actually been @ Douglas Wood products searching for Ken.
There is an area over there that looked like a vehicle had driven into the glade down by the woods and trampled weeds wide enough for a body to have been dragged through , further beyond that there is a pathway which leads to a semi cleared area and a stream which has a 4 ft diameter pipe.
The area around the stream bed and the pipe appeared un-disturbed .
There is lots of mulch and wood chips in the other areas in many locations piled high. Had they been disturbed couldn't be assertained due to the heavy rain on Friday. I personally know Ken

Her name is Lily. She's a sweet little girl . Her parents are local to this area and little is known about them. On another note, 1216 12th Ave SW was mentioned as an address for Ken maybe being held there , however after driving to the location , behind Roses on Hwy 70SW , this address does not exist...there is a 1260 12th Ave Sw , registered to Doris Price. The City of Hickory may have changed this address for enhanced 911 , or other reason, because the house almost directly across the street is 1221. And there is a COH pumping station in the woods right beside the 1221 address. The woods in the 12th Street section were searched , by my family at approximately what should have been the 1216 address , by the Moose Lodge, we found nothing.

Fresh Oil Church is a Bible believing house of worship with live contemporary praise and worship music. Service @10;30am Sundays . Ken attends the church , his wife is the pastors sister.

i saw headlines about a man being found in the river and my heart jumped thinking it might be Mr. Mohler. it wasn't, unfortunately it was another man. my prayers go out to both families. hope they find Mr. Mohler soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back