1266 users online (282 members and 984 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MO - Megan Boken, 23, shot to death in St Louis robbery, 18 Aug 2012

Police Chief Dan Isom said this afternoon that police have "no concrete leads" in Saturday's murder of Megan Boken in the Central west End. Detectives believe she was slain during a random attempted robbery.

Police chief makes 'public appeal' in killing of ex-SLU volleyball player

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...5f4ac6fbc.html

Sad sad sad . . . just blocks from where I work -- this occurred in the middle of Saturday afternoon.
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

This case makes me so sad and yet terrified at the same time. This happened just minutes from where I work. We've had several security alerts lately and several employee's being robbed at gun point coming to and from the job.

RIP Megan, may they find your killer quickly.
    Where are you Baby Lisa????

Very scary. This was a beautiful young girl with whole life ahead of her.
    Just my opinion

This crime is absolutely sad, senseless and scary. (Scary considering it happened in a fairly safe neighborhood in broad daylight -- when is anyone ever safe anymore?!).

I used to play volleyball with Megan a long, long time ago, and our brothers were good friends. I haven't seen or talked to her in 10 years, but I still clearly remember her being a wonderful girl, so full of life and a great influence on all. She will be missed, and she's in my prayers.

I hope the person who did this to her is caught soon and punished accordingly.

From February 2014:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...03b18a202.html

The second of two teenagers charged in the murder of former St. Louis University volleyball player Megan Boken in the city’s Central West End was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison...

Johnathan Terrell Perkins, 19, of unincorporated St. Louis County, pleaded guilty of second-degree murder, attempted robbery and armed criminal action for his role in Boken’s killing.

The gunman, Keith V. Esters, 19, of Bel-Ridge, pleaded guilty to the same charges in November and received a 50-year sentence as part of a deal with prosecutors.