753 users online (111 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Jose Baez to Represent ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Victim’s Mother, Report Says

Just weeks after promoting his new book on the ins and outs of defending Casey Anthony, Florida attorney Jose Baez is now in the headlines once again after the mother of one of the “Dark Knight Rises” shooting victims hired him to represent her.
    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...r-report-says/

Oh dear.
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

Oh, man!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

I wonder how many times he called and begged her to let him represent her. lol
    Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
    ~ Unknown

I find that very bizarre. Baez is a criminal lawyer from Florida, not a civil lawyer. Is he even allowed to practice in Co?
    Just my opinion

Hopefully he is still friends with some of those big time lawyers that can help him. If not, these people can expect their counterparts that hire actual civil attorneys, and hopefully ones well known locally, to fair much better. JB can't even file an Answer to Interrogatory properly or timely. Just expect me to not tune in to anything with JB involved. I'll be turning the t.v. off a lot, not reading articles, and generally not caring what is going on where ever he may be. Just ruins it that much for me.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I find that very bizarre. Baez is a criminal lawyer from Florida, not a civil lawyer. Is he even allowed to practice in Co?
    Not until he files the proper paperwork requesting to do so, and a Judge signs off on the Order.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

The names of the victims at the TMZ site at the link. Can TMZ be trusted with this news or is it gossip?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/jose-b...casey-anthony/

As many of you have asked already, wouldn't he need a license? If this is a civil case, do criminal defense attornies get involved in civil cases?

IMO, if he doesn't have a license perhaps he is just acting as a liaison between other potential lawsuits against the theater or the university? This will probably become a class action lawsuit, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_texasbelle2 View Post
    I wonder how many times he called and begged her to let him represent her. lol
    He's representing two victims now. It's unclear as to how he got involved. From the wording in the article, it appears the victims called him but I may be wrong.

Why him?

FWIW, Orlando Sentinel is reporting it also but referring to the TMZ article. I heard it on HLN yesterday so they're also reporting it and referencing TMZ.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...heater-tmz-com

OMG! So many attoneys to pick from............and Baez gets picked. I'm just going to say again....WTF?????

Here's an article that doesn't refer to TMZ but directly from JB's publicist.

http://www.kjct8.com/news/Casey-Anth...z/-/index.html

has been retained by the mother of one of the victims of last month's theater shooting in Aurora.
    Publicist Michael Wright said Monday Jose Baez is investigating a possible civil lawsuit over responsibility for the shootings, including security measures at the theater where the shootings occurred. Baez is representing Shirley Wygal, mother of Rebecca Wingo, who died in the shootings.

There were reports at end of July about Winger's mother hiring an attorney although at that time it was mentioned as being a Los Angeles based attorney.
    Here is an article:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...rley_wygal.php

I really hope that this thread doesn't get populated with all the people who love to just bash Baez because this case has nothing to do with that and hopefully we can keep the victims of this tragedy in mind and the loss their family and friends continue to experience. Hopefully he and all the lawyers hired by the victim's families will get them the answers, closure.